IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
recieved lowball offer at sedo $250 for my GamesAR. com

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Not VR but i have own
MineXR.com

•••
recieved lowball offer at sedo $250 for my GamesAR. com
Very well could be the owner of the reverse. Which brings begs the question,
Did you make any attempt to acquire the reverse ?

It probably has it's greatest value to the holder of that name.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But sometimes you might be surprised.

Last edited:
•••
Very well could be the owner of the reverse. Which brings begs the question,
Did you make any attempt to acquire the reverse ?

It probably has it's greatest value to the holder of that name.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But sometimes you might be surprised.
Argames has 66 bids at sedo. Nope I can't afford it.

Last edited:
•••
AUGUST 27, 2018 BY PALMER LUCKEY
Magic Leap is a Tragic Heap

The title of this review was carefully chosen, not glibly. I want what is best for VR and all other technologies on the Reality–Virtuality Continuum, Magic Leap included. Unfortunately, their current offering is a tragedy in the classical sense, even more so when you consider how their massive funding and carefully crafted hype sucked all the air out of the room in the AR space. It is less of a functional developer kit and more of a flashy hype vehicle that almost nobody can actually use in a meaningful way, and many of their design decisions seem to be driven by that reality. It does not deliver on almost any of the promises that allowed them to monopolize funding in the AR investment community.

http://palmerluckey.com/magic-leap-is-a-tragic-heap/

•••
AUGUST 27, 2018 BY PALMER LUCKEY
Magic Leap is a Tragic Heap

The title of this review was carefully chosen, not glibly. I want what is best for VR and all other technologies on the Reality–Virtuality Continuum, Magic Leap included. Unfortunately, their current offering is a tragedy in the classical sense, even more so when you consider how their massive funding and carefully crafted hype sucked all the air out of the room in the AR space. It is less of a functional developer kit and more of a flashy hype vehicle that almost nobody can actually use in a meaningful way, and many of their design decisions seem to be driven by that reality. It does not deliver on almost any of the promises that allowed them to monopolize funding in the AR investment community.

http://palmerluckey.com/magic-leap-is-a-tragic-heap/
You all know how critical I have been of Magic Leap, and much of the individual points made by Lucky are valid and well taken, BUT....
As I have recently posted about remembering the Oculus DK-1
Remember it was not a consumer release, much as the ML-1 is not. The DK-1 has not even been supported for the last 2 years.
Magic Leap should expect a lot of blow back on their product. Just because they created this HYPE that they can not live up to (yet anyway). But as I have stated many times,
Don't expect this to develop rapidly. Quickly it might if you understand all the processes involved in the full product development to the consumer.
What they have is a unique display technology. It will take time to figure out how to produce it at a price and figure out how to use it properly.
Producing a dev kit is the number one way to allow others to actually show a path forward.
Palmer Lucky should know that well. I am surprised by his comments.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hmmmmm.....
Could this be what I have been waiting to see from Samsung ?
The implications are there !
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...alaxy-s10-plus-note9-release-date-price-cost/
I doubt many picked-up the little hints I tossed out over the last over a year...
A folding display when applied to a VR HMD would allow a 5G mobile device to proper size and natural angle for a over 160 degree field of view. How much over remains to be seen.
It also allows for some unique WMR style AR with proper camera placement in the phone or HMD mount.
Something to think about.
I'm sure it's coming... it's just a matter of when.
They would not be alone working towards a device like this but they want to be the first.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
While I doubt the StarVR One will make any stocking stuffers this year,
Early Next year at CES 2019 would be the perfect time for them to announce a release date and price while they demo the product.
The one thing about this is, with it and PiVR's 2 HMDs coming to market, a new standard for field of view will be born. Well a should not say 'standard' but FOV's beyond the normal 110 degree and more over 150 degrees.
I'm sure HTC will want to keep their commanding lead on the high end. So it will be interesting what they drop next year.
The first smartphone adapter that breaks past 130 degrees may have the short term wrapped-up for a while. Hence my opinion above on this page. But there is little competition with smartphone HMDs.

https://www.roadtovr.com/starvr-one-hands-on-most-complete-ultra-wide-fov-vr-headset-to-date/

•••
B9211883-A59C-46F2-BDCA-8D3A6FC9DD0B.png

VERSES Pioneers Global Augmented and Virtual Reality Economy Powered by Blockchain Technology

https://coinjournal.net/verses-pion...ity-economy-powered-by-blockchain-technology/

•••
•••
Show attachment 96696
VERSES Pioneers Global Augmented and Virtual Reality Economy Powered by Blockchain Technology

https://coinjournal.net/verses-pion...ity-economy-powered-by-blockchain-technology/

Ya know,
I have no doubt that crypto money will be used more heavily in the future, especially with yet to be born technologies like VR & AR. The problem I see is finding much of a need for names for that niche. And to be able to make that slim pick'ns a predictable commodity. It's not a blanket play. Pot Luck.
And world governments could step in and change it all in a heartbeat.
I still respect those trying to sort that jungle. To much risk for me to play more than a few.
And those few are still unreg'd on my short list. Just not enough confidence.... yet

•••
Ya know,
I have no doubt that crypto money will be used more heavily in the future, especially with yet to be born technologies like VR & AR. The problem I see is finding much of a need for names for that niche. And to be able to make that slim pick'ns a predictable commodity. It's not a blanket play. Pot Luck.
And world governments could step in and change it all in a heartbeat.
I still respect those trying to sort that jungle. To much risk for me to play more than a few.
And those few are still unreg'd on my short list. Just not enough confidence.... yet
What would give you the confidence?

•••
What would give you the confidence?
I'll know it when I see it.
I'm quite certain that it will be used in VR/AR transactions as well as many other online biz models.
But outside of some branding plays, I see no 'significant' action.
Branding is very hard to predict. The choices are great and the need is slim.
How much do you bet on a hundred long shot horses and only 3 will win a prize.
Pot Luck.

gTLD's have impacted these kinda plays.
Many with $ signs in there eyes will hold many 'fair names' and ask way to much for them, so the buyers skip to a hand reg of something similar or a gTLD. As with any start-up, it's because a startup normally has no great funds for this and after the have started, unlikely to change their name.
It's just not big enough for a blanket play. To many alternatives available.

If you have to hold 25-35 of these for 8 years, will you get a ROI on one good sale.... MAYBE ?? but how much.
There are other fields to play where it's not so tight.... I know that everyone expects to break the above skew.

Yes, folks are making money in blockchain. But it has not really been happening with names for it outside of a few branding and investor speculations.
Don't confuse success with a tech with a need for names.
To add insult to injury,
I can also see a shrinking market later as merger and acquisition have their say in this play.
But outside of the obvious 'crytobank' kinda names that have been well invested in already, it's kinda over for it.
Go find a bargain on those in the aftermarket could be a play. The 'best names' will sell at high value when you see many mergers in the industry and a name change is possible and more common recognizable keywords desired.

So, if/when I see a change in the above, it's time.

•••
Some know I am a numbers guy.
And I do get tiered of some who quote numbers without the background on how the numbers are obtained or to properly put them in context. Many reports are a commentary on what is in the report, skewing what the numbers say. I am well practiced at asking questions of the numbers.
So, take a good read on this and perhaps a better perspective & understanding to how numbers can be interpreted differently, depending on the background you have on how they were derived....

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/05/...shipments-fell-an-artificial-33-7-in-q2-2018/

Since I keep seeing these VR arcades pop up in more local online print, I would say they are sneaking up from behind and will likely miss the major headlines. For now. But this is growing till someone franchises well.
https://bramptonist.com/ctrl-v-brampton-grand-opening-party/

•••
Wow just read through all the messages. Some great posts and information that i have caught up on. 🤗

•••
•••
When looking at when the value of our VR/AR names are more likely to find their value,
and most know that I have stated, it does take time and you have to look at tell tale signs, and of course you might sell out early for a ROI and not achieve the max on the name that sometimes is hard to determine. For the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
So, while looking at the DNJ's sales chart for last week, a couple stood out to me in example of my statement above.
vapebox.com $5,500 And Vaping has been a 'THING' for many years now. More than 5 anyway. And shows that start-ups get bigger and are always looking for a edge to 'get more traffic'. But is about how much money they have to spend at the time.
The site forwards to a e-liquids supplier. So you might look at this type of thing as a sign when you see it in our niche.

But in there also was a couple of notables...
vrhuman.com $3,888
XR.net
$19,532

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back