IT.COM

High priced domains - Bad idea?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I couldn't find any "forum suggestions" section to post this in.

This is a perfectly legitimate thread and question.

I think the High priced section is not a good idea and there should be some changes or maybe it should be discontinued. I think many on this forum would agree.

This is supposed to be an exclusive section where which one person controls and decides which domains are worth a certain amount based on their own personal reasons. If someone takes issue with this they are ignored, because the mod is supposed to be infallable and unquestionable.

Getting a domain in this section can be an important advantage for people on this forum and it could potentially make a big difference. Therefore we should not have one person having the power to make these decisions alone wether or not they know what they are doing with regard to domain valuating.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is obviously a bit of subjectivity when it comes to determining whether domains are worthy when they don't fall into an obvious category such as geo, generic, or LL/LLL.com, however I think Jennifer does a fantastic job managing a very difficult section.

From personal experience, I've seen mostly 2 types of people who complain about how things work in the High Priced section:

1- people who don't have domains that are worth $1000+ on the reseller market
2- people with domains in exotic or less popular extensions which are difficult for even veteran domainers to value.

It's a may be a bit unfortunate for some of those that fall into #2 that some "worthy" domains may not get the exposure they deserve, however there's no way any domainer could possibly understand every single market. Having multiple domainers managing the section wouldn't change anything in my opinion, as the number of investors in many of the lesser known extensions is relatively limited. Having more domainers overseeing the section might also mean everyone's domains would take longer to approve, as there'd need to be some sort of agreement on the merits of each domain.

I think the High priced section is not a good idea and there should be some changes or maybe it should be discontinued. I think many on this forum would agree.

This is supposed to be an exclusive section where which one person controls and decides which domains are worth a certain amount based on their own personal reasons. If someone takes issue with this they are ignored, because the mod is supposed to be infallable and unquestionable.

Getting a domain in this section can be an important advantage for people on this forum and it could potentially make a big difference. Therefore we should not have one person having the power to make these decisions alone wether or not they know what they are doing with regard to domain valuating.

•••

I have moved this to Namepros Info and Suggestions for you.

•••
There is obviously a bit of subjectivity when it comes to determining whether domains are worthy when they don't fall into an obvious category such as geo, generic, or LL/LLL.com, however I think Jennifer does a fantastic job managing a very difficult section.

From personal experience, I've seen mostly 2 types of people who complain about how things work in the High Priced section:

1- people who don't have domains that are worth $1000+ on the reseller market
2- people with domains in exotic or less popular extensions which are difficult for even veteran domainers to value.

It's a may be a bit unfortunate for some of those that fall into #2 that some "worthy" domains may not get the exposure they deserve, however there's no way any domainer could possibly understand every single market. Having multiple domainers managing the section wouldn't change anything in my opinion, as the number of investors in many of the lesser known extensions is relatively limited. Having more domainers overseeing the section might also mean everyone's domains would take longer to approve, as there'd need to be some sort of agreement on the merits of each domain.

I have had domains approved in this section and had domains rejected. More importantly I don't see much consistency in the domains that are being approved in this section.

•••
I don't see much consistency in the domains that are being approved in this section

I agree

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back