NameSilo

question Helpful info pls!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aprilchild

Impact
Greetings to every one! I'm a new member. I av some registered names but I don't know their values: globaloilprice.com,americapps.com,reportsgroup.com,suckaway.com. 2,how do I know if a name has trademark. God bless u all for ur help. Also,Happy New Year to u all!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can go to the USPTO.gov and do a search. However they are no guarantees. I am a new person also. I like the Andrew Rosener equation. I know not much compared to almost everyone else here but it gave me a little insight. Just type that in Andrew Rosener Equation and it should return the result. Good video IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Greetings to every one! I'm a new member. I av some registered names but I don't know their values: globaloilprice.com,americapps.com,reportsgroup.com,suckaway.com. 2,how do I know if a name has trademark. God bless u all for ur help. Also,Happy New Year to u all!

Great question. Determining value is a very in-depth process and there are multiple ways to do it. To answer your second question first, Sites like USPTO.gov and Trademark247.com are great places to find trademarks.

Now, to valuations.

Firstly, everyone will have a separate opinion as to how to valuate a domain. That being said, this is my personal opinion and just some tips.

1. The ultimate value of a domain is what someone will pay for it. To determine this you'll have to really look in depth at the history of the domain. How long have you owned it? Have you every received any inbound offers? Have you done any outbound on it? If so... anyone make an offer?

2. Do some very intense research utilizing websites like DNJournal.com, NameBio.com, DNSaleprice.com, DNPric.es and see what other comparable domains have sold for. Are they in the same extension as yours? Similar keywords? How much did they sell for? What year did they sell? What was the market like then? Now?

3. The extension plays a big role in the value - now, don't get me wrong, there are some high value domains that are not .com's, but in general you will find that premium .com's will have a more consistent value across the board. When doing your comparable sales research, keep in mind the extension and the price it sold for. Just because, say, Hotels.com sold for millions, doesn't mean Hotels.whatver will. :)

4. Do some more research on search volume - yes it plays a role, however, it is NOT everything. Some domains have almost no search volume and are very valuable. Does it have high CPC? High search volume? What are its relevant searches? Can they be used to market the domain and be helpful with SEO? I use Google Keyword Planner for this as it has more consistently accurate numbers.

5. Ask your domaining friends. Yes, ask them...if they were an enduser - how much would they pay for the domain. This is really quite helpful! Contact like 10 of your domaining friends and ask them to appraise the domain wholesale and retail for you, take the average and compare it to the research you did. If its close, then you can start to see what the domain could possibly be valued at.

6. I've found in my experience the older the domain is, the less gimmicky it is and the more generic it is. That being said, the more generic the domain is, the more likely you will find yourself a buyer. Don't get me wrong (hence the complicated valuation process) super niche domains are very valuable too! So age and how generic the term is play a big role as well.

Now, again, this is not the end all be all for valuation, just some tips. There is so much more involved...eventually you will start to get a feel for values. The best advice I can give is do your research! Read as much about the industry and domain sales as you can and get involved with domain groups and get a "think tank" together where you can all discuss pricing and news together. Read...read...read!! You should pay attention to every domain sale you see! :)

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back