IT.COM

Help with Escrow.com approval delay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peex9

Impact
Ive used Escrow.com over the years for quite a few transactions, some relatively large. And they have always been brilliant, super reliable and timely. You just felt like they were the big trustworthy name.

I even used them for a $70,000+ transaction that was between myself (UK based) and the buyer (UK based), even though we were both in the UK, I felt so confident in their service that I insisted we use them and route it into dollars. Making it more expensive in the end, but the service and trust was worth it.

I recently logged back in after some time to setup a smallish transaction, but the experience has been totally different.

- The system didn't update when my buyer paid via paypal, eventually it updated with "buyer has selected a payment method" but no payment showing.

- I called their helpline, which appears to be in the Phillipines. Im certain that you used to be able to ring and speak to someone in their office in California who actually knew what they were doing.

- The person on the phone has no access to anything and can only say "I hope that we can get a response from the payments team soon". She told me it would be 24 hours to approve, almost 2 days later and nothing, I call and she says cryptically that "I hope to have an update, probably soon".

- The customer service appear to be completely incapable of contacting their colleagues in Australia / US and they have no power to view anything or help you.

I am concerned because after doing a bit of research I can see that there are dozens of threads where people have lost sales or otherwise had errors and crazily long delays in getting payments approved.

Is there anything I can do to avoid spooking the buye anymore than he already is? He didnt want to use escrow and I persuaded him unfortunately.

@Jackson Elsegood - I think from other threads that you are the new ceo? Are you able to help me? @Mauli Fry

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Escrow teams being in two vastly different time zones doesn't help. When Paypal is used it takes much more time to verify everything. Escrow must make sure all info from the buyer exactly matches the Paypal account. If just one dot is off they will halt the process. A couple months ago my buyer used Paypal and everything didn't exactly match and the whole process had to start over from the beginning. A simple sale turned into a 8 day fiasco. Now that Escrow needs copies of important information from both buyer and seller it will make the process even longer now. Hop on chat and see if someone else can help you out with answers.

•••
Hi peex, sent you over a PM to assist.

Cheers,
Jackson

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back