Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Stolen Domains

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

marijuanadomain

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
3,364
My domains got stolen and the thief is from China and it is a she.
I have been corresponding with her to give back my domains but she is a B&^&^itch and she is so proud that she stole the domains.
She is using email chrisgoh1 at gmail.com and using my name.
more info here: domaingang.com/domain-crime/alert-bullsh*twebsites-com-has-been-stolen/

One of the ways to fight this stolen domain issue is to create a domain names stolen registry and hopefully people will never buy the stolen domains.

I told her that I am going to expose her in China andI have lots of time and I can wait and will never forget

I told her, what would you do if someone steals from you or from your kids?

If anyone wants to see the correspondence with her, shoot me an email

I even told her that by stealing my domains, you have given me the right and the licence to find you!!

She knows stealing is a crime in China and I am going to expose her.
I will hire people in China to find her.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Oh, good lord..... now I have to worry about domain theft!!

I feel for you, theft is bad enough but then to blackmail you on top!!!

I agree with you completely, someone should start a stolen domain registry. Its a great idea and whoever develops it will be providing a necessary service. Imagine all the ad imprints you could get!!

Maybe a way to get even is to implement your idea and make some money from it.
It would be a good outlet for your frustrations from this event.
 
1
•••
Oh, good lord..... now I have to worry about domain theft!!

I feel for you, theft is bad enough but then to blackmail you on top!!!

I agree with you completely, someone should start a stolen domain registry. Its a great idea and whoever develops it will be providing a necessary service. Imagine all the ad imprints you could get!!

Maybe a way to get even is to implement your idea and make some money from it.
It would be a good outlet for your frustrations from this event.

This thread was started way back in November and the OP hasn't been on in 2 months, really no need to bring the topic up again. As has been mentioned, a 'stolen domain registry' would be a nightmare to run because it would turn into a 'he said, she said' situation where it would be difficult for an outsider to figure out the exact truth.
 
0
•••
If your email is run by google i.e gmail.com....you should immediately enable 2FA. They wouldn't have had access to your email that way.
 
0
•••
How does one even steal domains? This is scary!
 
0
•••
This thread was started way back in November and the OP hasn't been on in 2 months, really no need to bring the topic up again. As has been mentioned, a 'stolen domain registry' would be a nightmare to run because it would turn into a 'he said, she said' situation where it would be difficult for an outsider to figure out the exact truth.

Agreed but the post did get me to thinking....

I use two factor authentification as well but I wonder how this girl in China did it. How do you secure your domain if someone calls your registrar pretending to be you?

My domains are locked, 2 factor security is turned on for email.... what else can be done to secure a domain.

If it happened to this guy it could happen to others so I thing the topic has value and can be discussed in a reasonable tone.
 
1
•••
Agreed but the post did get me to thinking....

I use two factor authentification as well but I wonder how this girl in China did it. How do you secure your domain if someone calls your registrar pretending to be you?

My domains are locked, 2 factor security is turned on for email.... what else can be done to secure a domain.

If it happened to this guy it could happen to others so I thing the topic has value and can be discussed in a reasonable tone.

First, we don't know exactly what happened with the OP, who spent most of the time on here in a rage.
Second, the topic of stolen domains comes up quite a bit on here. I discussed the idea in the past of 'social engineering'...aka pretending to be the domain owner and pretending to be locked out of the account...And really, the best solution is to use a good, legitimate registrar who won't just hand your account/domains over to anyone who calls and claims to be you. Most of the reputable registrars will require proof you are who you say you are if you call claiming to have lost your password, be locked out, etc. Generally, they will require you to submit a copy of the credit card you used to pay, photo ID of yourself matching the name on the account and possibly receipts, transaction statements or credit card statements depending on the situation.
The same goes for email...use a provider that won't just turn over your account to anyone. Gmail is one outside provider that takes account security pretty seriously and makes it difficult to get back access if you lose the password/2FA token.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back