Dynadot

Stolen Domains

NameSilo
Watch

marijuanadomain

Restricted (33% DM)
Impact
My domains got stolen and the thief is from China and it is a she.
I have been corresponding with her to give back my domains but she is a B&^&^itch and she is so proud that she stole the domains.
She is using email chrisgoh1 at gmail.com and using my name.
more info here: domaingang.com/domain-crime/alert-bullsh*twebsites-com-has-been-stolen/

One of the ways to fight this stolen domain issue is to create a domain names stolen registry and hopefully people will never buy the stolen domains.

I told her that I am going to expose her in China andI have lots of time and I can wait and will never forget

I told her, what would you do if someone steals from you or from your kids?

If anyone wants to see the correspondence with her, shoot me an email

I even told her that by stealing my domains, you have given me the right and the licence to find you!!

She knows stealing is a crime in China and I am going to expose her.
I will hire people in China to find her.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My loss is everyone's loss!!

•••
My loss is everyone's loss!!

•••
That's very sad and alarming situation for domainers. Did you contact hostgator support, what they have replied to you.

Always choose the registrar who offer security over security layer Like 2FA. i have almost transferred half of my 4L .com domains form all registrars to @namesilo because there were not offering 2FA.

Suggestion for Future : use the registrar like namesilo. 2FA Security + Free Privacy + 6 Different Security Questions and every time if someone or you need to transfer domain or any other changing you have to answer those questions too. I know that's also not 100% secure but much better compare to others.

•••
Stolen Domains are not like wine, oil or papers or food where it can be burned, or consumed and then no traces..
Domains cannot be destroyed or vanished into the thin air,

Domains are traceable and it is a matter of time it changes hands,
Whoever paid for the unauthorized transfer is the thief- follow the money.

Can't figure how the domains were transferred when all the contact info were changed, I thought when you changed them, it has a lock for XX days?

•••
You all have to understand this--

There is no punishment for Domain Theft esp those in China. It is like an open house- go help yourself.

This Domain Thievery needs to stop and the best and the easiest way is

put a 30 days lock when transferring domains outside USA esp to China,and the seller just send in a confirmation to the registrar that it is a valid transfer.

No lock needed transferring inside your own registrar.

Plain and simple!!

•••
We all know you are mad and angry, but shouldnt you be more constructive and try to recover what is still possible? I find your death threats very disturbing. In my country you seldom goes in jail for thievery, especially for the lower amounts, BUT you can end in jail threatening the people and their families.

•••
•••
@marijuanadomain
Did you ever get your domains back?

The OP hasn't been on in over a month, so I doubt we'll get an answer. And quite frankly, the OP seemed a little unstable, so that's probably for the better.

•••
Sorry this happened to you OP. Hope that asshole gets what he/she deserves

The OP hasn't been on in over a month, so I doubt we'll get an answer. And quite frankly, the OP seemed a little unstable, so that's probably for the better.

Wouldn't you be "a little unstable" if someone just stole 6 of your domains?

•••
@marijuanadomain
Did you ever get your domains back?
These 6 domains were stolen from my hostagor account:

Bullsh*twebsites.com
JKEB.COM--stolen
JUJG.COM--stolen
SKQK.COM--stolen

WHUJ.COM--stolen
ZKWI.COM --stolen
ZVKV.COM--stolen
Just did a fast whois check
Seem the domains havent been "recovered"

JKEB.COM
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=jkeb.com

JUJG.COM
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=JUJG.COM

WHUJ.COM
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=WHUJ.COM

•••

Man, that sucks so bad for OP. :hurting::inpain::hungover:

And I agree @Tytus -- if someone stole 6 of my names and then had the nerve to go on a terroristic email assault to brag about it, I'd probably become a tad bit unhinged too!

•••
So I just google "YinSiBaoHu.AliYun.com" (the email address domain) and came upon some interesting info:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1137611.0 (look at whois in post #6)

https://www.phishtank.com/phish_detail.php?phish_id=3886557&frame=details
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&p=276452

https://whoisology.com/email/[email protected]/1
Wow, there are over 2 MILLION domains associated with this email address. Talk about prolific. (I wonder if this email address is like a whois privacy type email? Anyone know? I don't know anything about these Chinese domain/registar companies.)

•••
One of the ways to fight this stolen domain issue is to create a domain names stolen registry and hopefully people will never buy the stolen domains.

Admin- can you create a permanent thread called 'Stolen Domains"

If people do not buy stolen domains, then the domains are useless.

It is like stolen Arts!

and people who buy stolen domains are accessory to the crime!!
but one should check the authenticity too of a person.

•••
•••

Guess this 1 user is mixing up the multiple accounts they are using...and they provide such helpful advice as well. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

@todaygold I just checked "their" accounts and their "content"..seems on three of the posting that I checked were on the same thread..and basically same answer...

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the main topic of this thread about "scamming".

•••
Oh, good lord..... now I have to worry about domain theft!!

I feel for you, theft is bad enough but then to blackmail you on top!!!

I agree with you completely, someone should start a stolen domain registry. Its a great idea and whoever develops it will be providing a necessary service. Imagine all the ad imprints you could get!!

Maybe a way to get even is to implement your idea and make some money from it.
It would be a good outlet for your frustrations from this event.

•••
Oh, good lord..... now I have to worry about domain theft!!

I feel for you, theft is bad enough but then to blackmail you on top!!!

I agree with you completely, someone should start a stolen domain registry. Its a great idea and whoever develops it will be providing a necessary service. Imagine all the ad imprints you could get!!

Maybe a way to get even is to implement your idea and make some money from it.
It would be a good outlet for your frustrations from this event.

This thread was started way back in November and the OP hasn't been on in 2 months, really no need to bring the topic up again. As has been mentioned, a 'stolen domain registry' would be a nightmare to run because it would turn into a 'he said, she said' situation where it would be difficult for an outsider to figure out the exact truth.

•••
If your email is run by google i.e gmail.com....you should immediately enable 2FA. They wouldn't have had access to your email that way.

•••
How does one even steal domains? This is scary!

•••
This thread was started way back in November and the OP hasn't been on in 2 months, really no need to bring the topic up again. As has been mentioned, a 'stolen domain registry' would be a nightmare to run because it would turn into a 'he said, she said' situation where it would be difficult for an outsider to figure out the exact truth.

Agreed but the post did get me to thinking....

I use two factor authentification as well but I wonder how this girl in China did it. How do you secure your domain if someone calls your registrar pretending to be you?

My domains are locked, 2 factor security is turned on for email.... what else can be done to secure a domain.

If it happened to this guy it could happen to others so I thing the topic has value and can be discussed in a reasonable tone.

•••
Agreed but the post did get me to thinking....

I use two factor authentification as well but I wonder how this girl in China did it. How do you secure your domain if someone calls your registrar pretending to be you?

My domains are locked, 2 factor security is turned on for email.... what else can be done to secure a domain.

If it happened to this guy it could happen to others so I thing the topic has value and can be discussed in a reasonable tone.

First, we don't know exactly what happened with the OP, who spent most of the time on here in a rage.
Second, the topic of stolen domains comes up quite a bit on here. I discussed the idea in the past of 'social engineering'...aka pretending to be the domain owner and pretending to be locked out of the account...And really, the best solution is to use a good, legitimate registrar who won't just hand your account/domains over to anyone who calls and claims to be you. Most of the reputable registrars will require proof you are who you say you are if you call claiming to have lost your password, be locked out, etc. Generally, they will require you to submit a copy of the credit card you used to pay, photo ID of yourself matching the name on the account and possibly receipts, transaction statements or credit card statements depending on the situation.
The same goes for email...use a provider that won't just turn over your account to anyone. Gmail is one outside provider that takes account security pretty seriously and makes it difficult to get back access if you lose the password/2FA token.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back