WARNING: SEVERAL STOLEN NAMES, MUST READ!

Discussion in 'Warnings and Alerts' started by TheLegendaryJP, Sep 12, 2016.

Replies:
Views:

1. TheLegendaryJP

TheLegendaryJP Business Member Business Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

UPDATE: Happy to report one of the stolen names I was helping with has been recovered!

If the owner is ok with it I would post it here but that is up to them.

Hopefully more names will follow, I am sure they will.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TheLegendaryJP

OSOS.com CONFIRMED STOLEN as well, owner is seeking recovery, do NOT buy on Russian domain forum. There is clearly a problem on that forum which allows stolen names to be sold, the loser will ultimately be the buyers.

3. CursedToast

CursedToast Established Member

How are domains generall stolen? Chargebacks?
    I'm assuming that's why Escrow is used for pricer transactions.

4. CursedToast

CursedToast Established Member

This sounds like a simplistic and fun project. Would be happy to work with you or at least provide ideas on submissions/verfication

5. Chrislclawson

Chrislclawson New Member

This guy stole my domain lgy.io 2 days after I registered it. I know it's the same person because his contact data was same as above until he hid it. His story was he bought it, when he could not provide any proof. It was not sold as I had just registered it, and he used a godaddy account. Godaddy refused to close his account and return the domain I rightfully bought and had just spent $59 dollars on. They said we cannot go into his account and return your property. The least they could have done is shut him down for fraud.

6. TheLegendaryJP

Sorry to hear this :( I would demand they look at the IP that accessed your account to transfer and when it comes back Russian, bingo!

7. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

@Joe Styler this is alarming, 2 day after you bought it?

8. Rafimus

Rafimus Established Member

My domain name was stolen by this guy too on the 11th may last year. I can prove it easily. This domain name was ours since 1998!!!
    I filed a complaint to the police in France. The only problem is that they have no action out of France, but they admitted Khramov is the thief, and all the proofs are in the file I gave them. I recognized his picture too (on your link with the name Bassta), he had it on his facebook profile at a time, I don't know if he still uses it.
    I know how he did this and I tracked him easily, so he's not very intelligent nor very good. Just a basic scammer with no brains. He buys some cheap domain names and when he can, he also use them to steal. That's what he did with my domain name "harmonie.net". I don't think he's intelligent enough to break security passwords. He's not even intelligent enough not to be tracked down, thinking that using an encrypted contact e-mail address and a false name (Alibabaievitch! How credible! and your registrar doesn't even find it sleazy...) would be enough not to be found...
    I didn't filed the complaint to the ICANN since the system is completely unfair. You have to pay an expensive price(which is difficult for me), then you have to prove that you'd been stolen (which is very easy for me), and once they give you your domain name back, you can't complain against nobody, and this, I can't admit. This guy is a thief and I don't see no reason why I shouldn't sue him, and my registrar didn't make their job, they should be responsible for checking transfers with the owner.
    The only thing I don't understand is there's nowhere I found my name for sell, it would have been my best chance to have it back for free.
    I've also been in contact with Ricardo Baretzky, president of Cyberpol, whom I know for other purposes, and they know him,as he's been closely watched upon for some months.
    The guy has a facebook profile, a LinkedIn profile, says he works for Katod in Magnitogorsk, and he pretends to be an internet expert and that he can help people to help them find scammers(!!!) on several russian forums...
    He's got plenty of know e-mail address, not just st......amovatgmail
    You'll find him on this o001oo russian forum among other, where he sells his domain names
    No hope to have nothing from the registrar, they just said evrything was done the right way, but they never informed me of any changes, and never ask the guy no proof of identity!!! When I wanted to change my contact e-mail address they asked me a letter and a copy of my passport, but to change the owner and the registrar they didn't ask anything!!
    What can we do to have our property back, shall we all go to Magnitogorsk?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  9. TheLegendaryJP

About 2-3 weeks ago this Russian sent out a new sales list to a handful of buyers (several Chinese) with drastically reduced pricing. All of the names mentioned on the list were mentioned here already. I certainly hope people are not greedy enough to ignore the warnings.

Also member 1john2004 has mentioned in this thread....

https://www.namepros.com/threads/osos-com-llll-confirmed-stolen.979720/#post-5798847

The auction

https://sedo.com/auction/auction_de...2&auction_id=213251&origin=search&language=us

Avoid osos.com at Sedo it is stolen and is not yet recovered, guess what, seller is Russian!

I have contacted sedo support and Dave Evanson asking that the auction be stopped and account banned, how can they possibly support the trafficking of stolen names!

"Dave its Josh, see attached links, Osos.com is a stolen name, I suggest sedo stop the auction, ban the account and users IP etc. The community is watching. Unless sedo can confirm with Russell Steele (see whois history) name was recovered and he is selling it, unlikely as he is not Russian, Id cease.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/warning-several-stolen-names-must-read.971376/page-4#post-5874596

https://www.namepros.com/threads/osos-com-llll-confirmed-stolen.979720/#post-5874580"

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  10. TheLegendaryJP

Dave Evanson was very quick to reply and has passed it along, many thanks to him!

11. TheLegendaryJP

12. Cyberian

Cyberian NamePros Staff Member Services Business Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Sold through GD.
    Perhaps @Joe Styler could chime in here.

Peace,
    Cyberian

13. TheLegendaryJP

That would be great Cy, so far getting the thief cut off at flippa, sedo, forums and while at it Godaddy should step up as well now and join the ban parade.

Sure they can reopen accounts under other names but doing so and affecting whois will make it harder/longer to move the names.

14. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

Theo had reached out to me and we took steps to ban the thief from our platforms including Afternic.

15. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

16. Cyberian

Cyberian NamePros Staff Member Services Business Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks Joe :)

JP, Theo, and everyone else that steps up to quell as much of this as possible.

Peace,
    Cy

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!