IT.COM

alert Stolen Domains Being Sold - FDE.COM , OLP.COM

NameSilo
Watch

Tarabasa Domains Ltd

Established Member
Impact
Hi everybody,

these 2 domains have recently surfaced the market by somebody trying to sell them, however they're stolen so don't buy into them

We saw the names listed on Sedo at a $20k buy it now price (they've since been taken down), and so we inquired about them which is when we were asked to broker both domains by the thief

We bought into it and even found a buyer who had put down a very high 5 figure offer for both names, and were close to closing the deal - until we luckily got word from another NP user that these names are in fact stolen

We did some digging and stumbled upon this article from last month:
domaingang.com/domain-crime/domain-theft-report-of-stolen-domain-names-for-august-2017

So be careful out there domainers, it's very easy to get tricked

This is the thiefs email:
[email protected]
And other than some email transcripts, there isn't much else more that we have on them, maybe somebody else can shed some light

Best,
Vlad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeepers man... good thing you guys were able to find this out before the deal was closed!

Thanks for posting

•••
Jeepers man... good thing you guys were able to find this out before the deal was closed!

Thanks for posting
Hey thanks for the bump, it's important that people see this

•••
Hey thanks for the bump, it's important that people see this

Anytime dude... Yep people need to see this.....just shocking how these guys are getting away with this cr@p.

•••
Hi,

Thanks for opening the thread and bringing this to the attention of NP users.

•••
Domainers gotta stick together. Thanks for sharing. Just as it's illegal to buy stolen physical property, I imagine the same goes for digital assets.

•••
•••
•••
They are still stolen, the legitimate owner is Japanese. Due to Irma etc. I wasn't able to post a September update yet, although I was notified they are up for sale at Sedo.

•••
They are still stolen, the legitimate owner is Japanese. Due to Irma etc. I wasn't able to post a September update yet, although I was notified they are up for sale at Sedo.
Ah hey well thanks for the August article at least, I wouldn't have known that they were stolen otherwise

•••
Always have used super strong passwords for my domain & email accounts.

Never have used the same password for multiple logins.

2 step verification is added protection

H00T

•••
FYI: These domains are stolen too.. or their owners are thieves. One domain was purchased by a client and Godaddy reversed the transfer. And I know of another guy who had the same experience with the domains on the list.

HIHK.com
OKIQ.com
HYSM.com
VEUT.com
UHHM.com
LUXR.com
HBSW.com
SUPB.com
UGNK.com
UKBA.com
VTML.com

•••
•••
•••
Once stolen domains go to Ename, there is nothing that can be done unless the party at loss files a lawsuit at federal level. Owner is in Japan, end of game.

•••
Once stolen domains go to Ename, there is nothing that can be done unless the party at loss files a lawsuit at federal level. Owner is in Japan, end of game
... an Ename is in China which complicates the things even more. I guess that for com/net domains a lawsuit in the state of Virginia in U.S. (where Verisign registry is located) may be also helpful, as, resultingly, Verisign registry may be ordered to transfer the domain to a registrar selected by legitimate owner.

Last edited:
•••
What I mean is, that a party at loss located in the US would be more inclined to file a federal lawsuit in Virginia; as this particular victim of theft is in Japan, I doubt they would. Victims that are in the US and filed a federal lawsuit won the case and Ename was bypassed directly by Verisign.

The system is broken.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting that the seller on ename is dropping the price. It was 30% more when I first posted yesterday

•••
No doubt he knows the domain is stolen.

•••
Hi everybody,

these 2 domains have recently surfaced the market by somebody trying to sell them, however they're stolen so don't buy into them

We saw the names listed on Sedo at a $20k buy it now price (they've since been taken down), and so we inquired about them which is when we were asked to broker both domains by the thief

We bought into it and even found a buyer who had put down a very high 5 figure offer for both names, and were close to closing the deal - until we luckily got word from another NP user that these names are in fact stolen

domaingang.com/domain-crime/domain-theft-report-of-stolen-domain-names-for-august-2017

[email protected]
And other than some email transcripts, there isn't much else more that we have on them, maybe somebody else can shed some light

Best,
Vlad

Hey Vlad, I commend you on digging and researching that potential deal. It has truly paid off in more than one way. It first paid off with you and your company protecting yourself and your client. And secondly you bringing it to the attention of the NamePros members has given us tremendous awareness protection for domains names we rightfully own and value....

Last edited:
•••
I would have likely bought FDE.com had I not done a Google search for "fde.com" and found this thread...

•••
Hi everybody,

[email protected]

Best,
Vlad

That email address would be a big caution sign for me. I would look for a [email protected] for the initial contact. If that was not there I would automatically start researching.

It looks like a classic spam address

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back