IT.COM

Help me, purchase by mistake on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andrea-101

Established Member
Impact
Hi I am 23 years old, this morning I bought by mistake on sedo a domain for 2800 dollars that I do not have, I did not want to buy it I wanted to see the purchase procedure, I am new on sedo I did the account about 3 days ago, there is a way to delete the transfer, I have already sent an email to support, I can not pay that money, I had put as an option PayPal since I do not have a card with IBAN. Help I'm really desperate!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do you buy a $2800 domain by accident? Sounds like buyers remorse and you should be talking to Sedo about it.

•••
I took the first domain in the list, I am not an expert on this platform, I have always used godday which is different

•••
there is no remorse, I just wanted to see the procedure, since I'm new and on godday you can delete it I thought it was the same, is it so?

•••
I have already written an email to sedo, to delete the purchase, but they have not responded yet, I am panicking

•••
No when you buy a domain in the aftermarket there are usually warnings that any bids or purchases are legally binding.

When you hand reg a name some let you cancel within the first few days. Sedo should be up and running. You need to contact them.

•••
I'm sending several emails with written delete everything, I died metaphorically

•••
Can you call them? That would be your best option. Not trying to be unkind but you aren’t going to get alot of sympathy here. We sell domains. These are the kind of situations we don’t want. I have to be honest with you. What you need to do is call and see if you are allowed to back out of the sale.

•••
thanks a lot for the help I am new in this world of domains, I will try to call them

•••
I read some past conversation, it had already happened this that is happening to me, and to that guy had to pay money to annul the transaction, about 800 I would not even those

•••
Dont worry, nothing will happen.

•••
on the sedo website it says this : Please pay the required amount into Sedo's account within the next five days. Our payment information can be found on the following. what happens after 5 days? I'm sorry if I'm bothered, I don't really know what to do, I've never been in such a situation

•••
thanks for the help, sorry if I'm bothering you

•••
This is an issue on the Sedo marketplace stone age design.

I have faced a similar situation in the past. Their system is like "now you have clicked on buy now price, so now we have an agreement and therefore you are obligated to buy"

don't worry about it. Just ignore.

•••
on the sedo website it says this : Please pay the required amount into Sedo's account within the next five days. Our payment information can be found on the following. what happens after 5 days? I'm sorry if I'm bothered, I don't really know what to do, I've never been in such a situation

If you are really worrying, just tell them you are not interested to purchase.

Last edited:
•••
ok thanks, I'm writing as many emails as possible to tell him I don't want to buy, I really hope it works

•••
I have already written an email to sedo, to delete the purchase, but they have not responded yet, I am panicking
paniciking !!
sedo will follow you everywhere you run to arrest you and kidnap you , they will come to you at night in dreams to bite you :troll::blackalien::greyalien:
seedooooooooooooooo :spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman:

:xf.grin::xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Your age has nothing to with - who cares if you are 23?

You click buy now then it takes you to the payment options page, you then have to click the box to confirm the agreements, you then have to confirm your payment option..... what did you think was going to happen after doing all of this?........

Also stop sending them loads of email, it looks unprofessional........

•••
Just eat the ban.

You won't pay and you'll be banned from using Sedo again. You won't be persecuted for not paying.

To make it clear, I think Sedo shouldn't cancel your transaction and should ban you instead. If they let it slip, then it would be far too easy for anyone to back out of a deal. You'll probably have to live without Sedo for now.

•••
yes I would prefer the ban, i am ok with that

•••
I checked who the seller is and I found out that a big company, I don't think it's a good thing for me, change somethings?

•••
@Sedo - maybe you can jump in and deal with this privately.......

•••
You made it too big of a deal. The worst thing could happen is they will ban you.
There are some mistakes that cannot be undo like I click on buy her now and I am stuck with my wife for the last 36 years. No cancellation and free automatic renewal.
Cool down.

•••
You made it too big of a deal. The worst thing could happen is they will ban you.
There are some mistakes that cannot be undo like I click on buy her now and I am stuck with my wife for the last 36 years. No cancellation and free automatic renewal.
Cool down.

I prefer 1000 times that they ban me even forever, thank you

Last edited:
•••
What is wrong with people? That's how someone also "mistakenly" listed, accepted an offer and sold a domain that wasn't theirs, only to realise the "mistake" when Auth Code was requested from them

•••
Back