Dynadot

advice Help me choose a coupon code website name from these?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am thinking of starting a coupons website...I know some people make a killing as affiliates.
I found some names in my portfolio and want to know if you think they can work?
If you have better names...pm

Here are the names I have:
  1. Cheapons.com
  2. CouponsCode.com
  3. CheapGrabs.com
Or should I just use some unrelated name as a brandable?
Such as:

• MrSmile/com
  • bolt/org
  • PerfectFinds.com

Or do you have better?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Cheapons..... more branding potential than other two.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I kinda disagree with the Cheapons crowd, as the word 'cheap' can be demeaning subconsciously to some, and to the overall concept of using a coupon. imo. A lot of people use coupons, and not all because they are cheap, they just like a deal on things. CouponsCode is kinda there, but.. falls short. You may want to look around for something more relevant and catchy. Something brandable and easy to remember like - Saversville or MoneySavingOffers, Deals4U, etc. (Yes, they're mine, but just using them as examples.) But my drift is a name along this path seems would be more suiting for your venture. Again, imo.

•••
Cheap, demeaning?? Are you Kidding?

We are talking about getting products cheaper by using a coupon.

Cheapons hands down!!

•••
Cheap keyword enhance the coupon meaning I assume.

•••
I like bolt.org

If I see something cheap....com I never visit >..,.<

•••
•••
•••
I kinda disagree with the Cheapons crowd, as the word 'cheap' can be demeaning subconsciously to some, and to the overall concept of using a coupon. imo. A lot of people use coupons, and not all because they are cheap, they just like a deal on things. CouponsCode is kinda there, but.. falls short. You may want to look around for something more relevant and catchy. Something brandable and easy to remember like - Saversville or MoneySavingOffers, Deals4U, etc. (Yes, they're mine, but just using them as examples.) But my drift is a name along this path seems would be more suiting for your venture. Again, imo.
I was just researching similar keywords and saw companies like Cheapoair.com doing pretty well. "Save BIG on cheap tickets with CheapOair! We offer cheap flight tickets, hotels and car rentals year round. Travel for less with our cheap tickets, hotel rates...."

•••
cheapons is also good for end user i suggest u to keep for end user and choose another domain for ur site

•••
Cheapons!

You should have started a poll instead! :)

•••
I agree with @Hybrid Names, I would try to use cheapons as a domain to sell and find something better.

Having cheap in the name is ok but it would be better to have something with code or coupon in it (not couponscode, the "s" kinda makes it seem like a hack name or someone with english as a 2nd language choose).

Since the site is about coupon codes it would be better to have one of those keywords in it. It would help people get the right idea about what the site is about.

To me, hearing the name cheapons makes me think the site would be selling cheap tampons = cheapons.

No offence but that's just how it sounds. I like the name but not for your use.

•••
•••
I agree with @Hybrid Names, I would try to use cheapons as a domain to sell and find something better.

Having cheap in the name is ok but it would be better to have something with code or coupon in it (not couponscode, the "s" kinda makes it seem like a hack name or someone with english as a 2nd language choose).

Since the site is about coupon codes it would be better to have one of those keywords in it. It would help people get the right idea about what the site is about.

To me, hearing the name cheapons makes me think the site would be selling cheap tampons = cheapons.

No offence but that's just how it sounds. I like the name but not for your use.

Agree with @ulterios
I like the name but not for your use

•••
Don't like any of the names and starting a coupon code site in 2015 will only lead to disappointment, way too late in the game. This is coming from someone well versed in coupon sites, used to rank #2 for coupon codes back in the day.

To me, hearing the name cheapons makes me think the site would be selling cheap tampons = cheapons..

Thought the same.

As far as cheapons, there is a site in Hebrew cheapon.co.il with deals, coupons.

Last edited:
•••
Cheapons is the best option.

•••
Honestly this one is eye-catcher in your list.
MrSmile.com
Regarding Cheapons, it has a cheap air surrounding it.
  • Couponscode would be the first choice, if it was couponcode .com, people would type in couponcode instead of couponscode and directed somewhere else.
  • Bolt dot org, is lovely, certainly the best but not for Coupons, why not make it a blog for every niche, or a site like ezine articles, or your domain market place.

•••
Honestly this one is eye-catcher in your list.
MrSmile.com
Regarding Cheapons, it has a cheap air surrounding it.
  • Couponscode would be the first choice, if it was couponcode .com, people would type in couponcode instead of couponscode and directed somewhere else.
  • Bolt dot org, is lovely, certainly the best but not for Coupons, why not make it a blog for every niche, or a site like ezine articles, or your domain market place.

Thanks for you great feedback!

@MrSmile.com.. yeah, It's one of my favorites. I'm testing it on some auction sites to see if others see the value in it as i do.
lol @cheapons.."Cheap air" Ironically cheapair.com is a fairly successful deal website for flights..lol. I think once people realize it's just another coupon/deal/discount site.. that gives great deals on quality /everyday items, then the name won't be a problem. I don't think people are ashamed of getting deals as the cheap is not referring to the quality of the products but to getting a deal. A number of successful discount sites use cheap in their keywords such as with flights and more. I'm thinking if branded rightly the name will get it's value from being memorable and catchy. Someone might use insanedeals as an example, and will be a success. While another person might be worried about the word insane being mis-understood and miss the opportunity...

@CouponsCode.com I agree,the "s" makes it hard to work with. Still could use though if it could rank..

@Bolt- I'll consider the suggestions you offered...Though I'd rather a .com for a domain marketplace.
I need a partner to make these ideas a reality lol...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back