information Twitter may finally be ready to monetize premium Twitter handles

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
According to a report by The New York Times it looks like Elon Musk shares an opinion that myself and some others in domaining have held on Twitter handles. The good ones are worth money. Mike first wrote back in 2009 about a TechCrunch story that said, “Twitter handles are quickly becoming as desirable as domains”. A new service just lauched this week called Tweexchange, a … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hope you're right
my company picked up 6 handles for our apps 2 weeks after twitter launched

if i could get 1/20 what these names sold for in .com, i'd be thrilled

•••
hope you're right
my company picked up 6 handles for our apps 2 weeks after twitter launched

if i could get 1/20 what these names sold for in .com, i'd be thrilled
The thing is we don't know if they will allow aftermarket of handles. So far the talk is about auctioning off the inactive ~1.5 billion names (elon tweeted about). But they would be silly not to monetize an aftermarket as these handles trade hands anyways. I hope they do

Last edited:
•••
The thing is we don't know if they will allow aftermarket of handles. So far the talk is about auctioning off the inactive ~1.5 billion names (elon tweeted about). But they would be silly not to monetize an aftermarket as these handles trade hands anyways. I hope they do
This is what I'm thinking too. And if selling them ever becomes an option it's going to go through Twitter, where they'll take a sizable cut for themselves.

Last edited:
•••
The Twitter name does not have any domain characteristics. It's not a secondary market, it's a conceptual pyramid scheme, because the name will become meaningless when you leave there. Unless, of course, people want to relocate their home to Twitter

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back