NameSilo

Have you ever had a buyer come back after initial agreement failed?

Labeled as question in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion started by jideofor, Aug 4, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. jideofor

jideofor Top Member VIP

We hear most times about deals going burst after agreement, despite buyer offering a price.

Has anyone here had a buyer, either via outbound or inbound, despite reaching agreement to buy the domain name from you but later changed mind that they will pass on the offer; come back after some months?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

Yes but always at a lower offer price.

3. myfavorite

myfavorite Established Member

Still wishing they do.

4. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

5. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Gold Account VIP

yup. for IOTM********MS.com went from $5,000 to $14,000 up to $30,000. Had a deal at $30,000. I even transferred over the domain plus the .net and .org but then the CEO put the kaibosh on the whole deal.

IOT****MMS = Internet of Things Mobile Management System/ Messaging System

Biggest company using this term is SAP.

It was already in their Godaddy account. In thee end they returned the domains and asked for their money back.

fyi they registered the trademark for iotm********ms and iot*******mms.com was registered prior to trademark.

I should sue but it's whatever.

now they went with another domain which they trademarked.

iotim********ms.com

IOTM*********MS.com? now priced retail $100,000

A company pays $3000-$5000 to trademark a term but won't pay $30,000 for matching domains in .com,.net,.org?

idiots.

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Member VIP

Yep, had some crazy people from companies contact me with their "final offer", to which I counter-offered and received either silence or some colorful language in return.

So I took my counter-offer amount, added a bit and set that as a BIN and waited. In 2 cases (out of 3-4 very similar ones), I was contacted (along with an apology for their subordinate's behavior) from someone higher up in the company, who was more than willing to pay that price.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: