Domain Empire

Have you ever been cheated?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

crazydomain

Established Member
Impact
yesterday, I transfered $250 to a guy in this forum via skrill to buy a four letter.com.
Once I transfer, he disappeared, leaving a message like " there was an internet connection issue, I am heading home, please wait for 20 minutes.."

Very disappointed!

Being stupid, I know it is difficult to get the money back.

Can anyone share your experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tough lesson. IMO, its important that you share the whole story, including name, with a mod so that they can remove him.

•••
Tough lesson. IMO, its important that you share the whole story, including name, with a mod so that they can remove him.

I will wait for a few days to see whether I can contact him.

If not, I will surely make his email public.

•••
yeah I saw someone on here a day ago trying to sell this... a tempting buynow price but only bitcoin or skrill.

I was almost tempted to go for skrill.

I have account there, but am not familiar with their protection policies. I assume its nothing like paypal. and maybe someone can confirm this, but I believe with pypal, if paid as "goods" not service.. one can file for item non reception in case the domains is never transfered. whether paid via credit or paypal balance. perhps somoene with some (unfortuntely bad) experience can confirm it.

I wish luck to the buyer here, please be sure to report this to @Eric Lyon for additional help and/or removal of his account if need be.

p.s. perhaps this can serve as example for moderators here, that auctions that do not allow either escrow or paypal should simply be not allowed on NP. it's a small price to pay for potentially many problems for people buing in good faith. just a thought. ty.

•••
I've been cheated by ESCROW... I've paid 3 times taxes and they doesn't return my money back and always answer my e-mail with the same thing : "We will check at the financial" And never return back
more than $ 100

•••
I've been cheated by ESCROW... I've paid 3 times taxes and they doesn't return my money back and always answer my e-mail with the same thing : "We will check at the financial" And never return back
more than $ 100

I am sure escrow is reliable. though I did hear my share of bad calls.

well in that case.. we're down to paypal.
obviously everyone prefers it.
I'd still like to hear if you're covered under their proection for non received (if domain paid as goods not service) if seller does not transfer. anyone? or maybe even covered if paid as service?? I have no idea.

I also know of:
dn.com

but never tried them. anyone?

•••
I am sure escrow is reliable. though I did hear my share of bad calls.

well in that case.. we're down to paypal.
obviously everyone prefers it.
I'd still like to hear if you're covered under their proection for non received (if domain paid as goods not service) if seller does not transfer. anyone?

I also know of:
dn.com

but never tried them. anyone?
I've recieved from buyer. But Escrow charged me 3 times for the same thing. I've sold a domain for $ 300, they charged me 40$ than $60 than $40

•••
I've recieved from buyer. But Escrow charged me 3 times for the same thing. I've sold a domain for $ 300, they charged me 40$ than $60 than $40

amazing! the more I hear of escrow the more I love paypal.
same for registras, the more I use others, the more I love godaddy.

•••
amazing! the more I hear of escrow the more I love paypal.
same for registras, the more I use others, the more I love godaddy.
I have all e-mails and prints, and they lie to me... they are a thiefs. Escrow never again

•••
everyone has bad experiences. with paypal, with escrow, with godaddy.. etc.. so in the end there is nthing conclusive about either of them. I suppose in the end, perfection just does not exist.

however, I believe the moderatores of NP can eliminate potetnail problems by requiring that an auction sale must offer either escrow or paypal. otherwise, that it be not permitted to take place on here. imo.

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
I have never been cheated in domaining, with the exception of a $5 charge back a guy here on NamePros did once. He was a new member and did the same to a few other NP members. His account was closed soon after that.

I have been cheated with litecoins. I lost about $225. I sold some on eBay and the two buyers did a charge back. I contacted eBay and PayPal and provided information requested, but neither of them have protection for intangible goods, which virtual money is. That was about a year ago.

•••
@infosec3 how are you? I've sent you a pm few days ago did you receive?

•••
I've used eCOP.com - easy and problem-free.

•••
•••
Wildwest would not have sold for that price, imo. Was it a .com ? It didn't say. Regardless, hope you get a hold of this seller.

•••
Wildwest would not have sold for that price, imo. Was it a .com ? It didn't say. Regardless, hope you get a hold of this seller.

why spread so much confusion. why not read carefully first.

wildwest is the registrar. not the domain.

OP clearly said it's 4l.com in his first post.

•••
Oh hey hello to you too. My bad, I did read OP's first post but have the bad habit of reading multiple browser tabs at the same time. When I got back to reading here, I forget some of the details. Then when I opened the sales thread for the domain in question, I thought it's wildwest - missed the "reg" part.

But as for you please don't assume I intended to cause the confusion. And as mentioned, I hope OP gets a hold of this seller.

why spread so much confusion. why not read carefully first.

wildwest is the registrar. not the domain.

OP clearly said it's 4l.com in his first post.

•••
BTW Skrill (Moneybookers) has an escrow option. I have used it to buy a domain from a member here but that was a long time ago.

•••
BTW Skrill (Moneybookers) has an escrow option. I have used it to buy a domain from a member here but that was a long time ago.
I could not find "escrow" option anywhere.

•••
I will wait for a few days to see whether I can contact him.

If not, I will surely make his email public.
Report him!! Don't want to have another victims!!

•••
if he really has an internet connection issues
-as he may live in the dessert or djungle -
it would be a good idea to wait another day before you panic

not everybody in the world enjoys high speed internet

•••
I have lost 500$ in a transaction via paypal. The story is some thing like this. i sold appsbuy.com for 500$ @ flippa buyer paid me with paypal and just after 7 days when i left feedback to the buyer he disputed on flippa that i have not shipped his item to the address he gave me. So paypal let him win the dispute for lake of documents.

I would say if you are dealing in forums you should look at there profile if they are trust worthy or not. Like there feedback, if its on NP deal with establish members, business accounts, vip , pro etc if your amount is above 50$

Thanks.

•••
I have lost 500$ in a transaction via paypal. The story is some thing like this. i sold appsbuy.com for 500$ @ flippa buyer paid me with paypal and just after 7 days when i left feedback to the buyer he disputed on flippa that i have not shipped his item to the address he gave me. So paypal let him win the dispute for lake of documents.

I would say if you are dealing in forums you should look at there profile if they are trust worthy or not. Like there feedback, if its on NP deal with establish members, business accounts, vip , pro etc if your amount is above 50$

Thanks.
he is established member with zero rating. newly-registered member in this August.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back