Dynadot

Have a domain you won't sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anyone have a domain or domains they don't intend to sell or will not sell?

I have some i intend to hold onto until retirement, in about 25 years :(

Does anyone else have a similar ambition?

PLEASE SHARE THE REASON IF ANY WHY YOU DO NOT INTEND TO SELL....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, got a few and particularly my name (username) .com ;)

•••
Yeah, I have a few I won't sell, because I use them for email, name servers, etc...

•••
be interesting to see over the coming years, how many times i am contacted directly about the domain names i am holding onto, since they wont be listed.

The names i have right now arent great names today, but five years from now will likely be great and 20 years from now be amazing.

•••
I do not know if i would wait a lifetime for a better price ….. the world is constantly changing, however i have applied for a trademark on a fashion item and have no intensions of selling the .com and my cctld for the idea … no matter how long is takes to get going.

•••
I will keep the names I am using (or plan to develop) the rest are always for sale at the right price. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

•••
Yep. I have several versions of my name and a few domain related domains I won't sell....well maybe if a million dollars come along :)

•••
I have a handful of old business names, my name, my daughter's name and a website that isn't worth anything but it's sentimental because it was one of my first websites.

•••
All my domains are for sale....at the right price ;)

•••
I seriously never heard of a domain that doesn't have a price, you can even buy ebay.com if you have enough money.

What I did hear is "domains people cant sell regardless how low they make the price".

PS retirement in 25 years? I hope you where born yesterday :)

•••
Everybody has a price. I'll sell a kidney on the black market for the right price. :D

•••
I am writing a book, own the .com of the title, so would never sell the domain. Sorry, David, not at any price. Offer me a million, I will turn you down. For that domain, it is about my legacy, something that I do that I want my kids to be proud of or amazed by. Now, after I die they may sell it off for fifty bucks, lol.

•••
Everybody has a price. I'll sell a kidney on the black market for the right price. :D
I am writing a book, own the .com of the title, so would never sell the domain. Sorry, David, not at any price. Offer me a million, I will turn you down. For that domain, it is about my legacy, something that I do that I want my kids to be proud of or amazed by. Now, after I die they may sell it off for fifty bucks, lol.

Come on! Don't be silly, your kids wont sell a name you cherished so much for 50 bucks!

They will simply forget to renew it

•••
•••
I have one premium pronouncable 4 letter .com domain. I wont sell it for the next 20-30 years. Hope to reach big price then.

•••
I seriously never heard of a domain that doesn't have a price, you can even buy ebay.com if you have enough money.

What I did hear is "domains people cant sell regardless how low they make the price".

PS retirement in 25 years? I hope you where born yesterday :)

Rightful age of retirement at 55 years....

•••
Only one domain I will never sell.
Bunch of domains that will expire.

•••
well i got my name . com and my family business .com's that i wont ever sell
other than that everything has a price

•••
•••
Who wants to leave having to deal with NetSol's transferring out policy to their grand kids? Well maybe if you hate them :)

•••
Does anyone have a domain or domains they don't intend to sell or will not sell?

I have some i intend to hold onto until retirement, in about 25 years :(

Does anyone else have a similar ambition?

PLEASE SHARE THE REASON IF ANY WHY YOU DO NOT INTEND TO SELL....
I have a few domains I would never sell.

My reason?
Simple:
1. My primary design service brand
2. Lead generators that feed my primary brand
3. Automated product sales that never need updating
4. Automated organic ppc sites that haven't needed updating in over 3 years and still consistent

•••
I have a few domains I would never sell.

My reason?
Simple:
1. My primary design service brand
2. Lead generators that feed my primary brand
3. Automated product sales that never need updating
4. Automated organic ppc sites that haven't needed updating in over 3 years and still consistent

Very good reasoning not to sell at the moment; and if that is what we're speaking of, of course there are plenty of domains I wouldn't sell now.

However, let's say for instance a company comes around and becomes a Fortune 500 overnight. They then decided that they wanted a name I owned and offered me 7 / 8 figures because that's their marketing strategy they're going for (brandable, product, ect.). I'm not going to say: "No thanks, I wish to keep this domain for the rest of my life and pass it on from generation to generation." (Unlikely scenario, but who knows, look at FB.com-I'm sure the seller is still kicking himself in the ass for not holding out a year or two even today with seeing how high FB purchased other assets for)

To say you absolutely won't sell a domain is somewhat ridiculous because everyone has a price.

Honest question though: If you wrapped 1-4 up into a packaged deal, would you not sell it for 72-144 multiples or a fixed negotiated price today with an unknown future on them and walk a happy retirement?

•••
Yup fb.com would have likely generated a serious amount of income just from parking, but would be pretty hard to hold on to something if an offer that high came through. Unlike some lucky duckies in the domain industry who cut their teeth early on, a newer domainers like myself with <5 years of trading will likely never see a domain of that value in my acct

•••
Very good reasoning not to sell at the moment; and if that is what we're speaking of, of course there are plenty of domains I wouldn't sell now.

However, let's say for instance a company comes around and becomes a Fortune 500 overnight. They then decided that they wanted a name I owned and offered me 7 / 8 figures because that's their marketing strategy they're going for (brandable, product, ect.). I'm not going to say: "No thanks, I wish to keep this domain for the rest of my life and pass it on from generation to generation." (Unlikely scenario, but who knows, look at FB.com-I'm sure the seller is still kicking himself in the ass for not holding out a year or two even today with seeing how high FB purchased other assets for)

To say you absolutely won't sell a domain is somewhat ridiculous because everyone has a price.

Honest question though: If you wrapped 1-4 up into a packaged deal, would you not sell it for 72-144 multiples or a fixed negotiated price today with an unknown future on them and walk a happy retirement?
Good question and I'm sure most people may say "Sell, Sell, Sell". However, I like to think I'm a different breed. With that said I'll answer your question for each of the numbers I pointed out.

1. This one will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands (retirement plan + Family Biz)
2. Same answer as #1
3. Same answer as #1
4. For the right price, I would part with 50% of these, the other 50% I would keep for steady supplemental monthly retirement income.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back