NameSilo

Has sale of domain gone down during Covid ?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Isac, May 7, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Isac

Isac CoachBro.com VIP

As i can see not much sales in sales thread as i used to watch previously. Do u think Covid is a reason or i am just mistaking as you think sales are already going good.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

Covid has been a positive thing for people selling business startup services. Hosting, domains, content writing, designers etc.

Within a few months I predict it will take twice as long to review the daily delete list and expiring auctions because most people will not renew.

The action on the aftermarket now must be the highest its been. Closing prices are also very high on names that a year ago would go for nothing or even no bidders (maybe just HD).

Right now a lot of people are trying to get back to normal life. Some are planning travel, others have family things to catch up. You also have people saving everything they have to buy a house. Others are taking all they have and buying stocks and crypto.

If you have a good name and can wait, now is the time to adjust your prices higher. Inflation has arrived and many industries already started adjusting their prices. Obviously nothing I just said applies if you own garbage domains. Please ignore my post.

3. Lox

Lox _____ VIP Gold Account

Around the world, the Gov. stimulus and long term credits for small - mid businesses is out of money. The tier 1 domain names doing fine but it does effect everything else. The price for tier 1b and tier 2 domains are more expensive than before and sme’s right now can’t unload / justify $5-10k . Short term planing vs long term plans.

+ number of domains for sale doubled / 03/2020 v 03/2021

Regards

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  4. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In Q1 I earned the same amount as for whole 2020 year.
    But still weak year for me VS 2019.

5. Isac

Isac CoachBro.com VIP

This is interesting

6. DuDD

DuDD Established Member

I hardly think so.
    • Instead, there are many new top-level domain registrations that are on the rise,such as .io

7. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

.io is not even making a dent. Yes, prices per sale reported are high, but there are around 10 000 .io names that command that kind of pricing. That is a drop in the ocean.

8. Isac

Isac CoachBro.com VIP

Nice

9. Isac

Isac CoachBro.com VIP

I agree with you

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice