NameSilo

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bodis is up and down indeed, but hopefully I got a 4K sale early in the morning after a night of insomnia... I won't have to worry about the renewals till summer.
Congrats on your sale, but when others here are bemoaning their pennies per click, do you really think that helps them to know about your success? :xf.confused:

•••
Congrats on your sale, but when others here are bemoaning their pennies per click, do you really think that helps them to know about your success? :xf.confused:

I'm cool with it. But also his keyword is "hopefully". (Crickets...?)

•••
I'm cool with it. But also his keyword is "hopefully". (Crickets...?)
Ok, maybe I was a bit grumpy with that post. Even if some EPC are down, I hope him the best of success with the sale. At least then he won't have to be worrying about the ad-parking revenue. Hopefully, everyone here on this thread gets some sales as well, while Bodis gets their maximization up and running.

•••
Ok, maybe I was a bit grumpy with that post. Even if some EPC are down, I hope him the best of success with the sale. At least then he won't have to be worrying about the ad-parking revenue. Hopefully, everyone here on this thread gets some sales as well, while Bodis gets their maximization up and running.
If you are grumpty we are all in trouble. You are usually the guy that puts the positive spin on everything.

•••
If you are grumpty we are all in trouble. You are usually the guy that puts the positive spin on everything.

Also she's a gal, if I read correctly in a recent post.

•••
Also she's a gal, if I read correctly in a recent post.
Hey, at this point, I'm fine with anything. But, yes, I am a gal, but grew up with all brothers. So, it's no big deal. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
but when others here are bemoaning their pennies per click, do you really think that helps them to know about your success? :xf.confused:
HI

i'd say, yes it does.
why?

because if their name was parked with ppc ads and they still got an offer or made a sale from it...
then that validates fact that ppc pages can deliver inquires/sales as well as earnings from ads while waiting.

also note that:
everyone isn't bemoaning, because everyone doesn't have the same domain names.

imo...

•••
Has anyone used Giant Panda?

•••
HI

i'd say, yes it does.
why?

because if their name was parked with ppc ads and they still got an offer or made a sale from it...

That name earned 40 bucks on Bodis over 10 months. It was parked indeed, with Dan Landers. But the sale came from GoDaddy because it was a floor price sale after negotiation. Asking price was 4995.

Last edited:
•••
October started out pretty well, this week epc is way down. Anyone else?

•••
@Hypersot Apologies for not having more info on our website regarding Above Managed and Self Managed. We are working to update the site and will have this soon.

For a quick recap, Above Managed is for domain investors who do not have the time to manage their own monetization. They may be focused on selling their domains or may have their hands in different business ventures, but want increased revenues.

For domain investors who are hands on, meticulous about running detailed reports and love to review data, Self Managed is best option.

Happy to chat about the benefits to either option. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Liz Corona
Above.com

•••
For a quick recap, Above Managed is for domain investors who do not have the time to manage their own monetization. They may be focused on selling their domains or may have their hands in different business ventures, but want increased revenues.
How will this compare to Bodis' automatic maximizer efforts, which they are trying to have in place by the end of the year?

•••
How will this compare to Bodis' automatic maximizer efforts, which they are trying to have in place by the end of the year?

Do you know if bodis maximizer will rotate through different parking services like above does? Above figure out which service will pay more per click and selects that service.

•••
Do you know if bodis maximizer will rotate through different parking services like above does? Above figure out which service will pay more per click and selects that service.
Good question. Let's see if we can get any input from @TroyBodis as well as from Liz with Above.

•••
Good question. Let's see if we can get any input from @TroyBodis as well as from Liz with Above.
Hello @LoveCatchyDomains, @psalm91,

If you're referring to the Automated Keyword Optimization feature, this is an in-house domain optimization feature that will work in conjunction with our Tier1/G ads, and won't rely on any other parking service.

Thanks.

•••
@TroyBodis ,
they are asking if Bodis rotates parking services like Above does. Not sure where the keyword automation fits in the answer.

To answer the question (as best as I can):
Bodis, PC, SEDO and Voodoo are the last parking services that can provide G feeds.
Traffic management solutions like Above.com and Parklogic, don't.

All type of services have their own in-house Tier2 feeds.

So,

the way one can think of Above(or Parklogic) and the parking services is (taking Above.com as an example),

Bodis=Max(G feed, Tier2 Feed)
PC=Max(G Feed, Tier 2 Feed)
SEDO=Max(G Feed, Tier 2 Feed)
etc.

Above.com=Max(In-house Maximizer, Bodis, PC, SEDO, Voodoo)

In other words,

each parking service will provide the best earnings between their Tier2 feeds and G-feed whereas solutions like Above.com and Parklogic will see those earnings from each Parking Service, they will compare it with their own feeds and pick the best of the two for your traffic.

I hope I haven't confused you but that's how roughly the whole thing works

Last edited:
•••
In other words,

each parking service will provide the best earnings between their Tier2 feeds and G-feed whereas solutions like Above.com and Parklogic will see those earnings from each Parking Service, they will compare it with their own feeds and pick the best of the two for your traffic.
This seems to give a strong argument for using Above and Parklogic. Are their fees low enough that the potentially improved profits are minimally impacted by any additional charges they have for their services?

BTW, Bodis payout is on a Net-15 schedule. Are the other parking services comparable to that? This thread is about the EPC plummeting. For whatever meager earnings you have, it would be nice to have the flexibility of withdrawing them quickly when needed.

Last edited:
•••
This seems to give a strong argument for using Above and Parklogic. Are their fees low enough that the potentially improved profits are minimally impacted by any additional charges they have for their services?

BTW, Bodis payout is on a Net-15 schedule. Are the other parking services comparable to that? This thread is about the EPC plummeting. For whatever meager earnings you have, it would be nice to have the flexibility of withdrawing them quickly when needed.

You need to contact each service individually to talk about their fees, ways of payment etc. as each one works differently.

•••
To answer the question (as best as I can):
Bodis, PC, SEDO and Voodoo are the last parking services that can provide G feeds.

At this point I would recommend removing Voodoo from all the equations.

•••
At this point I would recommend removing Voodoo from all the equations.

I haven't used Voodoo for a very long time; basically, since they missed the first payment.

Still,
I had to mention them since they belong to the last G-feed parking services.

•••
@Hypersot Thank you for the thorough explanation. (y)

@LoveCatchyDomains I will be in touch regarding the questions you have about Above.

Liz Corona
Above.com

Last edited:
•••
I haven't used Voodoo for a very long time; basically, since they missed the first payment.

Still,
I had to mention them since they belong to the last G-feed parking services.
I don't think Voodoo is around anymore??

•••
What is EPC is that some imaginary thing that only is attainable if you have been domaining since 1995 and the right people reserved your names so no one else could touch them? Like with Blockchain domains most of best names aren’t available to most of us from the start.

•••
EPC stands for earnings per click. This is the revenue divided by the number of clicks. It is possible to earn money parking starting today with little money. Please read to get knowledge before purchasing.

•••
EPC stands for earnings per click. This is the revenue divided by the number of clicks. It is possible to earn money parking starting today with little money. Please read to get knowledge before purchasing.

I’ve been around computers since 1998 , I know what it means however was merely complaining that if you weren’t fortunate enough to pick up domains prior the early 2000s your behind the old white men who have been squatting since 1986.
I graduated high school in 2003 and feels like my generation was the one blessed with below average opportunity regardless of what we tried.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back