IT.COM

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are so many opportunities out there.You are misinformed and should spend more time reading the wealth of knowledge on these posts. Your age and when you were born is irrelevant to being successful in domain parking.

•••
Is anyone's earnings at Bodis down recently for the past 2 - 3 weeks?

Domains that used to earn $2-$3 per day are not earning much.

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone's earnings at Bodis down recently for the past 2 - 3 weeks?

Domains that used to earn $2-$3 per day are not earning much.

We have the same problem. The question is, is it a global parking problem or just a problem of Bodis ? Is there anyone who parks elsewhere than on the bodis ( Parkingcrew, sedo etc... ) ?

•••
I strongly recommend utilizing above and letting it rotate through bodis, parkingcrew, and the maximizer. My revenues from parking have increased since making this change 2 years ago. My last two months have been my highest months in parking in over 15 years of parking.

•••
Only my will to live has plummeted.

Maybe I just need some renewal of faith from Above.

Last edited:
•••
We have the same problem. The question is, is it a global parking problem or just a problem of Bodis ? Is there anyone who parks elsewhere than on the bodis ( Parkingcrew, sedo etc... ) ?
blank landers for millions of people don't help. This has been discussed already on here. To understand what I just said, download ublock origin and visit any of your domains.

•••
blank landers for millions of people don't help. This has been discussed already on here. To understand what I just said, download ublock origin and visit any of your domains.
this is the problem of CTR ours CTR not decreasing but increasing, we have a problem with EPC with the price per click.

Last edited:
•••
I strongly recommend utilizing above and letting it rotate through bodis, parkingcrew, and the maximizer. My revenues from parking have increased since making this change 2 years ago. My last two months have been my highest months in parking in over 15 years of parking.
Above.com does appear very appealing, especially if you are seeing the higher EPC.
Do you pay any fees for extra services to do the maximization? Also, the threshold for payment appears to be $100, payout occurs within 45 days once that threshold is reached, according to their terms of service. What has your experience been with the payouts? Have they been reliable?

•••
Can be related to bad economy, but shaving should also be expected. PPC sucks, except in early years of adsense. They were collecting data, not only getting pcc revenue, so shaving was not worth it, but for smaller companies without any tomorrow, shaving is big profit source. Just like paid but unregistered+unrefunded domains, and autorenewing without consent, and selling someone else's domain. Shaving=saving on payout.

Last edited:
•••
ublock origin is one of the most popular adblockers and it shows a blank white page for sedo and bodis parking pages.
I was going to mention even though its off the topic at least half parked pages I look up are unviewable or if they are viewable no way to contact. Aren’t we supposed to be selling domains?

Seems counterintuitive to chase some chump change when you could sell it. High value super premium domains are a different story of course.

•••
I was going to mention even though its off the topic at least half parked pages I look up are unviewable or if they are viewable no way to contact. Aren’t we supposed to be selling domains?

Seems counterintuitive to chase some chump change when you could sell it. High value super premium domains are a different story of course.
if domainers would install ublock origin and test some of their domains they have parked, they would understand part of the reason things have slowed down.

•••
Above.com does appear very appealing, especially if you are seeing the higher EPC.
Do you pay any fees for extra services to do the maximization? Also, the threshold for payment appears to be $100, payout occurs within 45 days once that threshold is reached, according to their terms of service. What has your experience been with the payouts? Have they been reliable?
I do not pay additional fees for extra services. The minimum payout is $100 and they have consistently paid out each month. Since the beginning of this month, i've noticed they are outbidding Bodis & Parkingcrew for traffic.

•••
--
this is the problem of CTR ours CTR not decreasing but increasing, we have a problem with EPC with the price per click.
Hi
typically, when fluctuations occur
i've noticed that when epc goes up, then ctr goes down and vice versa
so this may be a vice versa period for some of your names

here's an idn parked at PC, you can see how ctr goes up and epc goes down in this 3-month span

2022-10 170 124 72.94% $ 0.08 $ 60.76 $ 10.33
2022-09 180 97 53.89% $ 0.12 $ 66.00 $ 11.88
2022-08 158 46 29.11% $ 0.18 $ 52.09 $ 8.23

Hi

chump change adds up to renewal fee's, which means less out of pocket for each domain that earns enough to pay it and maybe pay for a few of it's cousins.
and sure, they could be sold... but what's the cost to replace another like it, in the portfolio?

if domainers would install ublock origin and test some of their domains they have parked, they would understand part of the reason things have slowed down.
Hi

the question is not about lower traffic or lower click thru rate.
so that makes "ublock" irrelevant to earnings per click.

if we and probably many others are still getting clicks and earning chump change,
then obviously everybody don't have ublock
and i'm definetly not going to test it on any of my names or anybody else's.

imo...

•••
Has anyone noticed that uBlock shows sales banners at Bodis now?

I'm not using default uBlock settings so I'm wondering if that's just my setup

•••
Has anyone noticed that uBlock shows sales banners at Bodis now?

I'm not using default uBlock settings so I'm wondering if that's just my setup
uBlock Origin shows a blank page as always

Last edited:
•••
@AEProgram,
there was no need for huge bold letters, I know we are talking about the origin version and that's what I use for years now. On my side the sales banner didn't show as of recently but now it does.
As I said though, it might be my setup.

•••
@AEProgram,
there was no need for huge bold letters, I know we are talking about the origin version and that's what I use for years now. On my side the sales banner didn't show as of recently but now it does.
As I said though, it might be my setup.
Can you share your setup please? Browser? OS?

•••
Can you share your setup please? Browser? OS?
That would take a few screenshots I'm not willing to take right now.
I'm on w11 latest build and using all browsers that I use that specific setup (ie. Chrome, Firefox and Vivaldi)

Still, if you say that you don't see the sales banner when using uBlock then that's enough said honestly. I just thought I should send a heads-up just in case the issue was fixed.

•••
That would take a few screenshots I'm not willing to take right now.
I'm on w11 latest build and using all browsers that I use that specific setup (ie. Chrome, Firefox and Vivaldi)

Still, if you say that you don't see the sales banner when using uBlock then that's enough said honestly. I just thought I should send a heads-up just in case the issue was fixed.
thanks that's really all I wanted to know as far as setup

•••
Yes this is true, I have uBlock Origin installed in my browser and no ads will show on my parked domains, my EPC on Bodis has also plummeted lately.

Last edited:
•••
I do not pay additional fees for extra services. The minimum payout is $100 and they have consistently paid out each month. Since the beginning of this month, i've noticed they are outbidding Bodis & Parkingcrew for traffic.
If the minimum payout is $100, you should try it only if you make $150-200 montly on Bodis. Otherwise, seems like waste of time. Domainers, especially newbies without sales, use their parking earnings to cover a part of monthly renewals-if parking works for them at all. Otherwise a newbie will get paid once every 4 or 6 months, which is not sustainable.

Last edited:
•••
EPC has increased significantly in the last week. maybe more money in advertising before Christmas.

•••
If the minimum payout is $100, you should try it only if you make $150-200 montly on Bodis. Otherwise, seems like waste of time. Domainers, especially newbies without sales, use their parking earnings to cover a part of monthly renewals-if parking works for them at all. Otherwise a newbie will get paid once every 4 or 6 months, which is not sustainable.
Thanks for your perspective.

The question is how much better Above.com could be with increasing earnings. Has anyone had the experience of switching from Bodis to Above, and getting revenues multiplied 5-10x or even more?

Realistically, a $100 threshold payout might be a bit too high for a newbie or someone with a small portfolio--unless Above can work some real ad-revenue magic.

•••
This November is worst month in over a year. No love lost thinking kicking parking to the curb.

•••
This November is worst month in over a year. No love lost thinking kicking parking to the curb.
Perhaps there still is hope. If Twitter and Facebook are having some upheaval currently, perhaps that will give the ad-parking companies more focus on the domain-parking advertising? Should be interesting to see how this evolves.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back