Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I point all of my domains to above and let them select the service to use. I normally stick with .com’s and .nets. 95% of all my domains are .com’s.

•••
My epc’s seem to be higher pointing to above versus directly pointing to other services. Not sure if that is true for anyone else.

•••
My epc’s seem to be higher pointing to above versus directly pointing to other services. Not sure if that is true for anyone else.

How long did you use Above before seeing positive results? I gave them a try and my earnings went way down, maybe I did not give it enough time. I tried the Managed Portfolio Service. Do you use the Self Service option? Thanks.

•••
Within the first two weeks I seen a major difference. I tried the managed but the self service option was best for my portfolio.

•••
I've been using Above for roughly 9 years and I have no idea what the Managed and Self Service Portfolios are. In fact, this is the first I hear of them.
I clicked all the menus I could see but there was nothing by those names.

Can someone explain because I feel like an idiot :)

•••
Self manage you point your domains to above name servers and you manage them. The managed they add all of your domain names into their bodis and parkingcrew account and manage them for you.

•••
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the heads-up.

•••
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will try them again using the self service option. I used the Managed service because that is what they recommended to me.

•••
Just received another high epc click today on one of my domains.

Attachments

• E5BD6E74-66FA-4D9F-A2C2-AFC50FCAE7EE.jpeg
    E5BD6E74-66FA-4D9F-A2C2-AFC50FCAE7EE.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 93
•••
Just received another high epc click today on one of my domains.
Was this on one of the domains that you did the self-managed option?

•••
Yes this is one that I am doing above self managed on.

•••
but why should "above" have an effect on EPC "bodis" ? @TroyBodis

•••
but why should "above" have an effect on EPC "bodis" ? @TroyBodis
Hello @keim123,

Provided that Above isn't managing/optimizing your domain names for you, no positive affect would be had on your earnings, compared to simply parking with us directly.

However, we are in the process of rolling out the Automated Keyword Optimization feature. This feature will set a new standard by ensuring that Bodis produces higher keyword relevancy and conversion rates at all times.

Thanks.

•••
...we are in the process of rolling out the Automated Keyword Optimization feature. This feature will set a new standard by ensuring that Bodis produces higher keyword relevancy and conversion rates at all times.

Will that feature disable the option for us to set custom keywords?

•••
However, we are in the process of rolling out the Automated Keyword Optimization feature. This feature will set a new standard by ensuring that Bodis produces higher keyword relevancy and conversion rates at all times.

Thanks.
Thank you for responding to the forum questions.

When will this feature be fully implemented?

•••
•••
•••
Will that feature disable the option for us to set custom keywords?
Hello @Hypersot,

You will still have the option to seed your own terms. This feature will not override the custom terms, but will work with them to improve/refine the results.

Thank you.

•••
That's what I like to hear: features that improve our lives without killing stuff that work fine.

Thank you

•••
My monthly CPC is around 0.12 USD. Im just attaching screenshot of yesterday stats from Bodis.
Please also note that on weekends the traffic is much lower.

Attachments

• bodisscreen.png
    bodisscreen.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 104
•••
My monthly CPC is around 0.12 USD. Im just attaching screenshot of yesterday stats from Bodis.
Looks good. So your EPC have been staying steady?

•••
Yes, its even improving since the domains were bought in April, May this year. They are all on auto-opt. since I think if a domain gets more than 5 visitors per day, manual opt. would just kill the CTR.

•••
Yes, its even improving since the domains were bought in April, May this year. They are all on auto-opt. since I think if a domain gets more than 5 visitors per day, manual opt. would just kill the CTR.
Wow, congrats on your success! And Go, Bodis!

•••

For me too. Interestingly, my earnings are almost always highest on tuesdays, sometimes 3 times as high as any other day of the week.

Other than that, CPC has stabilized itself for me.

•••
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?
I also confirm that this month has been average to bad in terms of revenue. Clicks don't pay what they used to pay anymore? I use Bodis. August was better than expected, but September is rather disappointing. If this continues next month, I will return 70% of my names to the Afternic nameservers

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back