Dynadot

question Has Anybody Experienced A Huge Drop In Traffic?

NameSilo
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
So a month or two ago I noticed my combined traffic at GoDaddy aftermarket dropped to below 80% of it's previous average. But from August 24th until about August 30th traffic dropped about 10% per day and since then there have been 4 consistent days at about 20% of my old average. Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this?

I've had traffic fluctuations before .. but nothing even close to this drastic with a very smooth curve downward, indicating to me that it's not a random event.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could be that they changed the way they filter the traffic shown?
I'm only guessing here since I don't use GoDaddy.

Your should contact the tech team to see if they are messing up with their algorithms.

•••
Could be that they changed the way they filter the traffic shown?

I really wouldn't think so .. it was a smooth descent .. 10% a day over a week .. if it was a change in their backend or algorithm the drop theoretically should have been instant as opposed to progressive. I was thinking it was possibly something at google or whoever their advertising provider is?

@Joe Styler .. do you have any insight on this?

•••
The most accurate filtering at ParkingCrew...
If you want to know your real human traffic...

Another possible reason: connectivity issues... the same as with their Afternic...

Last edited:
•••
You can use Redirect.com to see your traffic details. It will display you the % of visitors per country as well as bots and anonymous proxy.

•••
i have noticed the same as i am using godaddy too.... Thanks for clarifying that i am not the only one who faced the same.

•••
maybe irma hurricane were the primal cause :D

•••
I'm experiencing a huge drop both in traffic and revenue at DNS (Uniregistry). It looks like either some new filtering has been recently applied which cuts like 50% of legitimate traffic or some glitch is messing with their scripts. I didn't notice similar issue with other parkings like Voodoo or PC. Their support response was not conclusive and I'm not alone experiencing this.

Do you know anything what's going on with DNS these days?

Last edited:
•••
I have the same problem with DNS these days.

I already opened a ticket but they said that overall there is only a slight downard trend but for me the problem is like you 50% less in traffic and earnings!

I mainly have indian traffic, maybe the issue is related to indian traffic.

I never saw this big drop! I'm transferring some domains to parkingcrew to see if the situation improves.

•••
I'm slowly moving my domains to Voodoo where they perform as good as before at that parking. It means not as good as at DNS earlier (before that drop) but currently the Voodoo performance is similar or better for most Indian domains. If that problem with DNS continues, Voodoo may be the best option. ParkingCrew is also a good option, but I feel they are slightly behind Voodoo for Indian traffic. When I use Above.com, most traffic is won by Voodoo, however until now I used Above only for a small group of domains which performed bad at DNS. Perhaps I will let Above decide between PC and Voodoo for remaining domains as well. Above also has a Maximizer option which competes with parkings and can win some traffic.

If you have some faillisted domains with good traffic, you can also try Domain Sponsor or Redirect.com. Domain Sponsor currently is not using Google as their main feed (they probably use Yahoo feed) and I have a few faillisted domains which perform the best at that parking, for example some cinema related domain earns around $12 / month where normally it would earn cents at secondary feeds.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi Kokoro,

thanks for the useful information, I will try both voodoo and domainsponsor.

Regards

•••
Back