Domain Empire

My NameDrive review

Spaceship
Watch
One month into my membership at Namedrive I have decided to post my results. At first I was very skeptical, but after giving it some time I was able to achieve some results. Nothing spectacular but not as dismal as I thought it was going to be. US$ 13.11 466 uniques 76 clicks %16.31 ctr US$ 0.17 per click US$ 28.13 22 Domains. Only problem, 1 Domain earned over half of it! $7.48 75 19 %25.33 $0.39 from that name. The thing is, it could do that anywhere, with higher payouts per click. The main reason I moved some names to ND in the first place was to increase CTR on decent traffic names that I could not convert at sedo. I have several names that get a few uniques a day but were not generating clicks, and when they do, the payouts are so small. Everyone has been raving about what NameDrive can do to increase ctr and how high their payouts are. For me I have mixed results. It is very difficult to explain how complex it is to optimize your names. On some of the templates there are 2 click landers even on the 1 click pages. Namedrive records the lander click information and search information from every region: North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Other. They record exact keywords searched/lander buttons clicked for each region and how many times it was searched. This feature effectively allows you to keep changing your keywords to siut your traffics tendencies. It also allows you to maximize payouts by narrowing down the highest paying relevant keywords while increasing CTR. After 1 month you can go back into your settings and analyze user information for each region optimizing independently. I suspect once I re-optimize my names and weed out the low paying keywords my income will increase. If you are expecting instant results you are going to the wrong place. I dont think they have the highest payouts, in comparison for the exact same keywords at Sedo I definately am getting less at NameDrive. The superior optimization should allow me to ultimately yield more income.

I have also heard how great their adult templates were. I agree they look very nice. But just like Sedo my clicks average about $0.11. In a few instances I have had $0.52 adult clicks but when you average that against the horrible $0.02 clicks.... All in all about the same perfomance at sedo.

One Last note, my December stats look very odd. I have heard of other people having statistics problems. I seem to be experiencing something strange. I have two groups: Default and Adult, Last month my default group stats were really pretty decent: US$ 10.15 334 38 % 11.38 US$ 0.27 US$ 30.38 10 Domains My adult earnings were sad; US$ 2.90 117 34 % 29.06 US$ 0.09 US$ 24.79 12 Domains, about what they made at sedo.

November Stats:

Default: $10.15 334 uniques
Adult:$2.90 117 uniques

My stats since December 1st:

Default: $0.00 23 uniques 0 clicks.
Adult: $1.51 22 uniques 8 clicks.

So basically they are stating my better group of names has not earned a penny or even 1 click, but the slower group has earned well above average... I hope this does not keep up. Overall I like the system they have going at NameDrive, but I need more consistency from their statistics to have full confidence. I will post again in one month to update my findings.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I will share with you some of my stats, November was my first month also. I got started around the 10th of November.

I have already moved some names back to Fabulous, because they were performing better there - but some names are doing far better at NameDrive.

views 3577
clicks 782
CTR 21.86%
avg ppc .30
RPM 65.80

I have noticed that I have not had many $2+ clicks at NameDrive - so on those type of names I prefer Fabulous. Hope this helps some people.

If you want to try NameDrive here is a nice link;
http://www.namedrive.com/ << Referral link Removed - Please read the Rules >>

its free and fast to try out - so sample some of your portfolio - I have yet to find 1 solution - so you gotta spread it around to maximize your return.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
OK Im back with an UPDATE:

I see everyone is up in arms! Everyone is eager to blast Namedrive without any supporting facts or posting stats. One month ago I posted an indepth first month review, to accurately asses their service I needed several months to base my review on. Now that some time has gone on I am still in the same boat, it may be sinking. In my first month I had success with one domain in paticular, but it has systematically been reduced.
stats:
November
$7.48 75 19 25.33% $0.39
December
$ 4.84 49 15 30.61% $0.32
So far in January
US$ 0.00 26 0

How the hell has one name gone from $7.48 -->$4.84 --$0.00? The clicks progressively decreased from .80 to about .10, on another name I made over .50 per click last month. This month the clicks are all .02. Since I have signed up with Namedrive I have had absoloutely no uniformity or regularity what so ever.

I disagree with their system- Hands Down! If you dont know, Namedrive does not instantly credit your clicks, they hold it for up to 48hours, while they check with their advertisers how much they pay... I find this practice to be fairly unscrupulous. Are they shopping around for the least expensive advertisers in the 48 hours? Of course not, they are trying to find out how they can make the most money. It would be very easy to just say; it only made 2 cents... how do we know? I have no proof, nor do I really suspect that. It is just curious how I have no clicks on my most productive name there. Since my statistics have not evened out after 2 and a half months I will be switching to other places. I generally use normal sedo, I intend on parking all my names there instead of 3 places, maybe I can ask for more share if I send them all there. Currently I have only one name actually generating any money at Namedrive, its clicks are only .10 but when you have 100 clicks it does not matter. I could park that name anywhere and make money. The only possible good aspects are the decent adult templates with slightly above average adult click payouts, of course they too fluctuate widely. I do not get adequate results from Namedrive though their templates are very nice.

I still highly reccomend 1plus.net, though it is difficult to consistently monetize their names. I do find keeping alll of the click proceeds helps alot. The search engine traffic and PR help alot!

Next on my list is Fabulous if I can get accepted! Have not tried yet. I know many are very dissatisfied with Namedrive, it is worth a try, but it can be difficult to get stable payouts per click, I just dont have the time to update my keywords every few weeks.

•••
hmm. i get about 500 veiws a day on one of my domains.

•••
The biggest problem with ND (and other parking programs) is TOTAL LACK OF TRANSPARENCY.... for all we know they could be keeping 75% of parked revenue
They (and others) need to come clean... until they do they are always going to lack credibility

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back