IT.COM

gTLD Removals from GoDaddy Auctions Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
Today I got a communication from Godaddy, I am sharing the same with you all:
Due to a backend change on our end, your domain listings for CLICK, LINK, GIFT, HELP, LOL, PHOTO, PICS, MOM, SEXY, CHRISTMAS, TATTOO, AUDIO, BLACKFRIDAY, DIET, FLOWERS, GUITARS, HIPHOP, PROPERTY, GAME, HOSTING, JUEGOS, and/or HIV will be removed from the auctions platform.

GoDaddy strives to provide its customers with great product experiences wherever possible. After careful consideration, we decided to remove Uniregistry domain names from our platform because their pricing changes caused frustration and uncertainty with our customers. Due to this change, we will no longer be able to support Uniregistry TLDs on our auctions platform.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good statement made by Godaddy regarding the Uniregistry GTLDs. And they are not the only one, just search for "uniregisry price increases" on Google, and you find other registrars who already banned these GTLD's from their platform..

You would expect a response from Uniregistry on this topic. [ Uniregistry, if you read this post feel free to respond! :) ]

For the long term, its not smart to raise the prices like uniregistry did. People got frustrated and angry, and lost their trust in Uniregistry GTLDs.

Looking forward how Uniregistry will try to gain back credibility..

•••
With this move, the greed of Uniregistery is being curtailed by Godaddy.

•••
I think Uniregistry made a great mistake.

They should have done the exact opposite, a price cut.

•••
I moved all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry because prices and service are better (I am no domainer). Reason: I was frustrated with GoDaddy.

•••
I moved all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry because prices and service are better (I am no domainer). Reason: I was frustrated with GoDaddy.
Don't mix up uniregistry - registrar with uniregistry - registry of several extentions., I read somwehere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back