NameSilo

GreatDomains now listing IDN's : Café.com

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just visited GreatDomains.com and noticed they have café.com listed on thier front page.
I'm glad to see they've finally caught up with Sedo's Top Names and began listing IDN's,but it's grossly overpriced at $500,000.
Still,the extra exposure is the important thing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Results 1 - 100 of about 35,300,000 for cafe

So, you expect a big drop when searching for café ?

I did... but....

Results 1 - 100 of about 21,100,000 for café

Might not be a bad domain at all ;)

$500K? Doubtful, indeed.

But still, I'd almost kill (see the word "almost" there? Don't get scared ;) ) for a 1 word domain name with the keyword having 21mil on Google.

-Allan

•••
Cool. I will try my IDN names.

•••
I just installed FireFox to check these IDNs out. A bit of a worry, I must say. Just like Prince Charles marrying Lady Camilla. :guilty:

•••
mole said:
I just installed FireFox to check these IDNs out. A bit of a worry, I must say. Just like Prince Charles marrying Lady Camilla. :guilty:
Ha! I have to admit I find them puzzling.

Not to go off-topic too much, but...

When somebody says their IDN translates into: XE---11YH.com (or whatever), is that what people have to type in their browser to reach the site?

:tri:

Last edited:
•••
Without the plugin or firefox, yes, they have to type that long thing in.
-Allan

•••
Thanks Allan. :)

I'm a fish out of water when it comes to IDN.

•••
مصريين.com

한글.kr 日本語.jp مصريين.com 中国互联网络信息中心.cn đäňîċ-ţåŝŧďómãĵņ.de

:laugh:

•••
Better stop it mole. It's hurting my eyes.

;)

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Results 1 - 100 of about 35,300,000 for cafe

So, you expect a big drop when searching for café ?

I did... but....

Results 1 - 100 of about 21,100,000 for café

Might not be a bad domain at all ;)

$500K? Doubtful, indeed.

But still, I'd almost kill (see the word "almost" there? Don't get scared ;) ) for a 1 word domain name with the keyword having 21mil on Google.

-Allan

Most times the properly accented versions of the words have MORE Google/OVT results than the non-accented.
Example:
Diseno: 729,000
Diseño: 13,200,000

Don't kill me Allan! I have a domain, zum.us,with 300,000,000+ Google!

•••
Café.com is probably on of the best english IDN's.

•••
At least it's a properly accented IDN.. but 500k is charateristic of the alcohol soaked parties they must be having over at GD these days.. more like 5k to the right end-user IMO

•••
café.com is one of rawkinrichs' names right?

•••
NameTower said:

Even better - it's not just English, it's a French word used with original accented é in many languages, so this ads a lot of value to this name IMO. Indeed one of the best IDNs I could imagine.

For IDNers: I sent an inquiry to sedo couple of days ago about them allowing or planning to allow more IDN names (currently they only allow IDNs including Spanish, French and German characters to be parked). The answer was they are looking to increase the number of allowed IDN characters dramatically in the coming months. Let's hope it's true :tu:

•••
Interesting followup on this..Now when you go to GreatDomains the accent mark has been removed from the "e" and now it's simply Cafe.com.
Maybe they accidentally typed the accented é? No easy task considering they're probably using a standard English keyboard.
Cafe.com is a fully developed site,the works,check it out...strange how they'd be selling the domain.
Weird.Maybe they took down the accented é because they were getting an influx of IDN listing requests? I know once I saw it I submitted 3 IDNs.Also I talked to a guy at Verisign a few months ago and he mentioned that IDN's might show up on GreatDomains sooner or later..so it seemed likely.
Or maybe it is just cafe.com and they're unloading it,and by some fluke they accidentally listed it with an é,who knows?

•••
NameTower said:

I agree. It's one of the few IDN names that make sense to me. Overpriced, but then again that's just the list price. For the sake of the owner of the domain, I hope the reserve is set to a reasonable price.

AmCy

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back