IT.COM

question GreatDomain auction @Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hui Siew Choong

Established Member
Impact
Anyone participated and submitted domains @Sedo for GreatDomain auction ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Eat.us is great for food order brand, especially in these times. JustEat is a brand, why Eat (us based).

Sedo's auction rejections/selections baffle most. 😂

@Dot.us As I said, I don't invest in .us so I'm definitely not an expert. 'Eat', 'Grill', 'Relate, 'Wait', 'Lie' are all good or great words. I was just referring to your comparison with 'for.us'. In that context, Inspire.us is the best comprable example that proves your point. The rest aren't hacks so they're different. I don't know what Sedo's criteria is but perhaps they were only looking for hacks when it comes to the .us extension.

•••
where can I submit? I've been unsubscribe their email for a long time

•••
Submitted... ALL rejected
Could you name them please? (DM okay, of course.)

Anything for upgrading our knowledge of their matrix. Plus we might consider one or two, if the price is right.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yeah. It was in the sedo homepage for a while. I think they have had enough domains for now. They are still accepting applications though.

Thanks sharing! Sedo’s another planet to me.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
all submitted rejected every time and he give you example of .de
dont waste your time

•••
•••
•••
Hi

i submitted a .net
it was rejected only because reserve was too high....and they gave me a price to change it to, for resubmission.

as for those other issues....

imo...

•••
all submitted rejected every time and he give you example of .de
dont waste your time

It's true, We all see Sedo loves .de so much, it's a .de platform

Last edited:
•••
•••
Submitted 10 dictionnary names 2 french 3 Dutch and 5 english ( but not very known ) got the french and Dutch accepted, I put the reserve price low to get accepted.

•••
I didn't even know that was a thing.

•••
It feels like only good domain names on SEDO can command a high price,
It's hard to bid high for a generic domain name

•••
Anyone participated and submitted domains @Sedo for GreatDomain auction ?
I submitted many times but not approved. And how is set reserve price xxx-xxxxx or xxx?

where can I submit? I've been unsubscribe their email for a long time
In your Sedo account above your domain list is button Promote domains. Just check domain(s) you woulds like submit on GreatDomains and click on Promote domains. Then choose GreatDomains auction.

•••
•••
Yeah the great auctions make NO sense, I had terrible names accepted for crypto like cryptocoincourses but cryptonewsletters.com or cryptotrading.es weren't

•••
reserve price not over 19999 USD, not good

•••
Sedo is a great platform but a lack of mistakes
They don't try to expand on USA for example , they don't promote as should be many extensions ( only .com ) is like they don't want money from fee
About Great domain auction period of review is to high + they accept only what they want .
I think they send newsletter to different customers with submissions and see what response get & only after accept the names
So i submit Davenport.us ( not fit ) and after i submit Eat , Grill & inspire all .us i mean take few days and not received a answer so i deleted the names & put again as simple listing
By the way For.us is on "Featured domains" at 50k but but when i apply for this section with Eat.us was not accepted - really ? they are both very close as search/month , appraisal & previous sales
Honest i don't think try to apply on this type of sections or great domain auction
But still think @Sedo is a great marketplace

fff.png

•••
SEDO could had much more bigger market, however they do nothing,
Many pages are still 10 years ago, which with ugly UI desgin
Also, their still lack of innovation,

As the oldest domain market, they do nothing to lead the market in the history, just enjoyed the bonus after the other platforms expand the market cake

•••
Doesnt Sedo do “great auction” monthly?

Surprise! Not many know about it.

Sedo continues to deny its U.S base sans NC

Last edited:
•••
Bi monthly now | was monthly now only at 60 days probably because of pandemic

Last edited:
•••
Submitted mine to great domain auctions. Hopefully it gets accepted ahaha :xf.wink:

•••
Hey, remove that screenshot. You should not show people your communication PIN!

They will be rejected, that is what many are receiving response from Sedo.

•••
reserve price not over 19999 USD, not good

Might as well make it a Ghost town.

Sedo knows what they’re doing.

lower reserve the better :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back