IT.COM

question GreatDomain auction @Sedo

NameSilo
Watch

Hui Siew Choong

Established Member
Impact
Anyone participated and submitted domains @Sedo for GreatDomain auction ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Dot.us I'm not a big fan of Sedo's auctions, but in the case of 'for us' vs 'eat us'- it's quite obvious why it was rejected. The extension 'us' is looked at as a word. 'For us' is a meaningful and common term that can be used for many things. 'Eat us' sounds like something people who'd like to die would say to cannibals. :)

Last edited:
•••
Doesnt sound very user-friendly.
As at the time of this post, they are still accepting domains.
Once you've logged in, you'll see the announcement, to the right.
Click on APPLY NOW FOR FREE
You'll be taken to your portfolio, where you can select (check/tick/mark) and summit the domains you want to promote. Very simple, takes than 5 minuites.
I submitted 10 domains. Still waiting for response.

Last edited:
•••
As at the time of this post, they are still accepting domains.
Once you've logged in, you'll see the announcement, to the right.
Click on APPLY NOW FOR FREE
You'll be taken to your portfolio, where you can select (check/tick/mark) and summit the domains you want to promote. Very simple, takes than 5 minuites.
I submitted 10 domains. Still waiting for response.

Show attachment 170397
Hey, remove that screenshot. You should not show people your communication PIN!

•••
SEDO could had much more bigger market, however they do nothing,
Many pages are still 10 years ago, which with ugly UI desgin
Also, their still lack of innovation,

•••
Doesnt Sedo do “great auction” monthly?

Surprise! Not many know about it.

Sedo continues to deny its U.S base sans NC

Now, two month each

•••
One of the problem with marketplaces is advertising on social media only Dan.com do something in this way
Sedo don't have persons to manage this ( i guess other don't ) they make millions / year but do nothing in this way

•••
@Dot.us As I said, I don't invest in .us so I'm definitely not an expert. 'Eat', 'Grill', 'Relate, 'Wait', 'Lie' are all good or great words. I was just referring to your comparison with 'for.us'. In that context, Inspire.us is the best comprable example that proves your point. The rest aren't hacks so they're different. I don't know what Sedo's criteria is but perhaps they were only looking for hacks when it comes to the .us extension.

•••
One of the problem with marketplaces is advertising on social media only Dan.com do something in this way
Sedo don't have persons to manage this ( i guess other don't ) they make millions / year but do nothing in this way

They have many problems, the market of SEDO will gone if sitll do nothing

•••
where can I submit? I've been unsubscribe their email for a long time

•••
@Dot.us I don't invest in the .us extension. Inspire.us is great, IMO. It's a much better example than eat.us.

•••
Now, two month each

Great; they should let us know;

Many found out about it in thread;

@Sedo fail effort promot
500E36EC-5082-4CE5-A0F6-FD383D9F7219.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
They have many problems, the market of SEDO will gone if sitll do nothing
like and agree;
but they long released “sales reports” builds goodwill long before cool, where many hide.

Now that Godaddy releases monthly report (replace Uni’s with regular monthly reporting more pressure for Sedo change innovate.

Last edited:
•••
Doesnt sound very user-friendly.
Yeah. It was in the sedo homepage for a while. I think they have had enough domains for now. They are still accepting applications though.

Last edited:
•••
10 names submitted, all rejected. It seems they have some other agenda.

•••
i got this, An Auction Domain application was already rejected in the past
Once a domain is rejected for an auction, you can't apply for the same (type of) auction for that particular domain again in the future.
One of my 4L .com domain was rejected in the past and was never allowed to apply for Great Domains auctions again. But it was accepted in the 4L .com auction and got sold for $1.7k.

•••
I submitted nearly 40 names (only selected premium names), but none were selected. But I find hundreds of names that we cannot buy even for $ 10, have found a place in the Great Domain Auctions.

Tried to find the logic behind their selection criteria, but I could not guess. Moreover, we can not question about their selection criteria.

•••
I remember the great domain auction was a grand one years ago, seem now the promotions are very limited , I have to do own promotion

•••
Why Jim?
They dont stand up to your appraisals?
Will see if my AlloyBike.com and AlloyBikes.com sold above my reserve this week. I suppose we need to do own promotion, I have posted at Twitter LinkedIn and FB , currently 4 bids after my postings

•••
•••
Got rejected on PunarVivah dot com (re-marriage in Hindi). Waiting to get rejected on another domain.

•••
@Dot.us I'm not a big fan of Sedo's auctions, but in the case of 'for us' vs 'eat us'- it's quite obvious why it was rejected. The extension 'us' is looked at as a word. 'For us' is a meaningful and common term that can be used for many things. 'Eat us' sounds like something people who'd like to die would say to cannibals. :)
Sorry but not agree with you because i do it also with inspire.us ( it's is meaningful for you? ) & other that you call it "meaningful and common term" here is not only about this is about also the value of domain name

Last edited:
•••
@Dot.us I don't invest in the .us extension. Inspire.us is great, IMO. It's a much better example than eat.us.
Anyone invest in what he want this is not a problem , problem is with Sedo in some aspects like "Great domain auction"

•••
@Dot.us I agree that Sedo rejecting inspire.us wasn't smart because 'inspire us' is a great term. eat.us and grill.us are different because 'eat us' and 'grill us' aren't terms that make sense. 'For us' was clearly listed because of the hack of the keyword + the extension and not just the keyword. That's all I'm saying. That's why inspire.us is a much better example. Sedo isn't a good venue for sellers to auction their names anyway, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
@Dot.us I agree that Sedo rejecting inspire.us wasn't smart because 'inspire us' is a great term. eat.us and grill.us are different because 'eat us' and 'grill us' aren't terms that make sense. 'For us' was clearly listed because of the hack of the keyword + the extension and not just the keyword. That's all I'm saying. That's why inspire.us is a much better example. Sedo isn't a good venue for sellers to auction their names anyway, IMO.
"hack of the keyword" is just a type of domains this doesn't mean that Eat or Grill they are not great names or very good names ..Relate.us , Wait.us or Lie.us how sound to you ? Hack or very good names they deserve to be on section " featured domains" or " great domain auction ?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back