googlely.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Removed

Removed

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
tm issues i believe anything that has to do with google is risky since the google name is tm

•••
Yeah, I'd say watch out for the tm

•••
TM issues.. despite the fact there are plenty of Google domains.

•••
As I said in your other thread, saying stuff like I know google bought googled.com and googly.com for "undisclosed amounts" won't help your case if someone from Google stumbles upon this thread. There's a term for that and it's "cybersquatting".

•••
How do Gogle.com and Gogle.co.uk get away with it then? :blink:

•••
Well, for a start Gogle.com is owned by Google, and I'm no lawyer but Gogle.co.uk was registered in 2000 and therefore that leaves me with the conclusion that there wasn't a UK trademark for 'Google' in 2000.

•••
Your explanation does not make sense to me because...

Your explanation does not make sense to me because googles.com and googlism.com have nothing to do with google inc and are highly ranked in google’s results pages and they receive millions of hits each month.
Another site http://www.googlecn.com/ has an Alexa rank of 12,387 and is an obvious google rip-off but google has not been able to shut these sites down.

I’m no lawyer but I believe that if you make sure to identify that your site is in no way connected to the trademarked companies site it would be hard to lose it in court, that would explain paypalsucks.com and nopaypal.com both of whom have been sent letters by paypal and asked to cease but remain operational in protest.

•••
•••
It makes no sense for me too!

•••
personally I think that people here are far to scared to TM's there are not as big a deal as they are made out to be. If you are faced with a lawsuit all you have to do is hand it over. They won't take you to court unless they really have to.

•••
Zeeble said:
personally I think that people here are far to scared to TM's there are not as big a deal as they are made out to be. If you are faced with a lawsuit all you have to do is hand it over. They won't take you to court unless they really have to.

Some people just don't think it's worth the risk to get the authorities on their backs :(

•••