Dynadot

question Google search results and domain parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
I just found a dropped domain with 3 words, 'and' being the second word, it was first registered in 2009. I think it may have a good end-user price but my focus now is on parking earnings.

The 3 word domain keywords had about 80 million google search results. Example: motherandfather.com

I believe that the number of search results are directly proportional to the number of visitors on a parked domain and so the probability of more number of clicks on ads increasing the revenue. I may be wrong so I need the domain experts to guide me.

I also need to know whether 80 million google search results mean that the domain is good?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have registered the domain.. was afraid someone else would register it..

MARRIAGEANDBABIES.COM

Never thought I would register a domain in family category.

•••
More search results for an EMD is always good but Google dis change the EMD preference sometime ago and thus each domain will need its own optimized rankings and keywords. For example, when you search for " domain" I would have exxpected Domain.com registrar to be at #1 but they are nowhere to be seen.

So we cannot judge the value of the domain based on the number of search results our beloved google shows.

•••
Not a bad domain.. That ..and.. Is not important in search. So I would say that ia pretty good domain

•••
Sorry but I think you made a bad investment there Haris. The good news is that was a cheap lesson learned.

•••
A few questions:

1) What should I keep in mind when registering a domain? How can we judge a value of a domain?

2) What does "EMD" mean?

3) What should be the reserve price for MARRIAGEANDBABIES.COM ?

•••
Sorry but I think you made a bad investment there Haris. The good news is that was a cheap lesson learned.

I have made worse investments.. haha

•••
EMD mean exact match domain which means someone would have to type marriage and babies into their browser to search for it. But your site would still not show up unless you have the most content and links to get in the top search results.

Unfortunately, I doubt you will be able to sell MARRIAGEANDBABIES.COM for anything.

Don.t invest much in domains until you have spent a couple years reading this forum. Only then will you start to understand enough the make good decisions.

•••
Exact Much Domain. It is not bery bad at all. I see a number of sites on that domain already. It is a popular topic and with right user can become a good site.

Less than $500 for sure is a god price.

•••
I still see people value EMDs compared to brandables that have no meaning.

Products related to babies and marriage are quite popular and from the way Haris looked at the domain I can understand it. It might seem average domain and I have seen worse EMDs that sold for good money.

I am not saying it is wow domain but still can see sites on it.

•••
I still see people value EMDs compared to brandables that have no meaning.

Products related to babies and marriage are quite popular and from the way Haris looked at the domain I can understand it. It might seem average domain and I have seen worse EMDs that sold for good money.

I am not saying it is wow domain but still can see sites on it.

I thought that it could be used for blogging.. have already contacted the owner of 'marriageandbabies.wordpress.com' .. and I won't be asking for thousands of dollars, I know that it's not very valuable.

•••
I thought that it could be used for blogging.. have already contacted the owner of 'marriageandbabies.wordpress.com' .. and I won't be asking for thousands of dollars, I know that it's not very valuable.

Good move I would say. With the right persuasion and negotiation skills , you can flipp it quickly.

•••
On a second note , I suggest you edit the domain out since you contacted someone. Since they are using a blog they might be well aware of the domaining and the internet in general. If he or she finds this thread it might not look good:)

Last edited:
•••
On a second note , I suggest you edit the domain out since you contaves someone. Since they are using a blog they might be well aware of the domaining and the internet in general. If he or she finds this thread it might not look good:)

I will have to close the thread.. can't edit the second post. I am still looking forward to more opinions about parking revenue generation through these type of domains.

•••
Unless there are still active links (on other websites) pointing to your domain, it's unlikely you'll get much traffic, as they simply won't be able find you. I think you misunderstand how Google Search results relates to visitors to your domain.

I doubt you'll get much traffic from people typing in your domain as it's too long.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back