NameSilo

Google Says .app Domain Helps Apps Get Discovered

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News started by Rhythm8, May 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. MetBob

MetBob Active Member VIP

It is impressive how rapid real world use is taking place for .app. When I checked almost two days ago there were already about 1600 app websites in active use. I see that as of today 19 are already in the Alexa top 1M, which is not yet very high (not quite 100 place) even among ngTLDs, but considering how little time .app has been in general availability it is significant.

In many ways I think the closest parallel to .app is probably .club, but .app has a better defined audience, plus the Google advantages. Club, now at its 4th anniversary, had a clear purpose, was promoted pretty well, has (compared to other ngTLD) good end use stats, and has sold at least moderately well in premium. I think app will do somewhat better.

I wish I owned a few good ones :'(

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. EZPZYO

EZPZYO Active Member VIP

I wonder what Apple 🍎 has to say about .App extension.

3. wee

wee Established Member

I had got the domain singer.app

4. MetBob

MetBob Active Member VIP

Yes, I suspect they have some regrets they did not outbid Google for the #APP extension, seeing the early success.

Nevertheless, if APP makes the overall app ecosystem more active, valued and secure, it may have some positive indirect benefits for the AppStore and Apple.

5. wee

wee Established Member

A good news my friend sold the chainit.com for $170000, and he bought more than 500 .app domains.

So it's a good ideal to hold one .app domain.

6. grodt12

grodt12 New Member

I own discord.app, curious if Discord want to buy it and how much the domain is worth. Anyone any idea?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: