Dominion.Domains

Google Says .app Domain Helps Apps Get Discovered

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News started by Rhythm8, May 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Rhythm8

Rhythm8 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Generally I agree however given that Google is .app I'd prioritise it higher

And hey, DiamondRing.app was one of the few I could conceivably develop an app for

Believe it or not I have another keyword LLL.app that is worth more

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. bluemeteor

bluemeteor Established Member

If I’m an app dev. I would register an .app prioritize to others. However if it was hold by domainner for premium price. Then I would register another Tld for register fee.

3. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I wondered if they would give .app preference in search.

4. Michael M

Michael M Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Time is going to tell on this one, but that is one main aspect that drove me to grab a couple. If .app(s) start appearing in top results everywhere that could definitely create some demand. Can't hurt to roll the dice occasionally. :xf.grin:

5. kriss05

kriss05 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It was told in Google's IO 2018 session devoted to .app that websites running on .app will load faster due to HSTS preload. If Google gives preference to fast-loading sites, then it could be so by definition.

6. bluemeteor

:xf.eek: Didnt know tld could affect speed? How much time are we talking about here?

7. kriss05

If I'm correct, matter of second/s.

8. bluemeteor

Thing is good ones are gone. Now people start to register 2words. Cos they thought it ‘s popular.

9. bluemeteor

Second? :xf.eek: If that’s true. I would rather use a crap .app :xf.grin:

10. kriss05

Someone already wrote that he received offer on two worder. If people treat .app as generic tld, some two worders could be valuable.

11. kriss05

Starting at 25:32 they are talking about that.

12. Acroplex

Acroplex Top Member DomainGang.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

First it was https, then AMP, now how .app - all supposedly - speeding up your web site loading times. Latency has to do with a gazillion other parameters outside of the Google claims.

Of course Google will market the cr.app out of app. The new gTLD has a solid adoption base: application and software developers.

Outside of this, it's as good as .XYZ.

13. bluemeteor

My vpn is bloken can’t watch now. But I remember now, all domain inquiry from pc to through dns to host server. It never through google. Tld is only a string( a few bytes mark ). It has nothing to do with speed. But will watch what they were talking about when I fix my vpn

14. kriss05

Well they said "Preloading makes your site faster" rather than "Preloading supposedly makes your site faster". They explained why it makes sites faster. Would be really interesting to hear arguments why it makes it just supposedly faster.

If Google gives preference to faster-loading sites and using .app makes sites faster as they said, then question is why not use .app just for everything, if it helps ranking just due to using .app?

Not to mention, of course, that .app is going to be popular among millions of app developers

15. bulkdomainz

bulkdomainz Established Member

Is a company that owns an app likely to register a .app (the app of course being developed by in-house or contracted professionals) , or is a .app only really useful for just the professional developers?

16. Acroplex

I've seen companies that produce apps skipping registrations of .app domains for now. They own .com domains, or ccTLDs and they don't want to add more domains to their management. Of course, I'd advise them to get the .app if it's available at a standard price, even if it's to secure it. However, premium pricing under .app is a waste of money.

Pro developers can definitely benefit from such a registration as well. It's a gTLD that represents a certain profession or industry niche.

Others, outside of these categories, domain investors included: don't waste your twenties, it's a pizza a pop.

17. bluemeteor

I’ll dropcatch one to build an app next year.

18. kriss05

That end users can benefit from .app registrations means that .app are valuable to end users. If so there will be end user demand. Then domainers will benefit as well. Can't understand why they won't, if there will be demand.

And we are talking about millions of those who represent this niche already.

19. Acroplex

End users: developers or companies. Such registrations are based on one commodity: relevance to the niche market, and low price - as compared to existing/taken .com domains in the aftermarket (for sale,) unless we're talking about .app premium domains that are expensive.

So no, there is no real market for reselling .app domains en masse. Not even close to XYZ.

20. bluemeteor

I know what speed they were talking about know. If you type namepros.com into your browser. Your browser will ask the server for namepros.com, then namepros.com will redirect to https://namepros.com. Than return the https page.
    .app send https version request directly.
    However this won’t affect seo, cos you index https://namepros.com at google, google bot visit your https version directly. No redirection.
    Better user experience though.

21. kriss05

If such registrations are based on the relevance to the niche market, why won't they pay premium for domains that match their product/brand.

I did quick check on Google, found dozen of developed .app with renewals of between $100-$800. They seem to be fine with high renewals.

There is also large category of end users not in app niche making defensive registrations or for whatever reasons (paul.app?). One can easily verify this by taking a look at zone file. Many such registrations come with premium renewals.

22. kriss05

23. Lawismything

Lawismything Established Member

I'm sure its not your neighbors or school teahcers buying .com's for xxK-xxxK. Companies and small businesses are. This is perfect for the mobile app world which is thriving bigger than ever. Biggest activities we have throughout the day stem from within mobile apps.

24. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP

Popularity/usage and aftermarket demand are not the same thing.
    There are TLDs with even millions registrations and very weak aftermarket...
    For most endusers: the cheaper - the better, and ideally - for regfee. Especially when tons alternatives...

Just 1 example from this nTLD opera: I regularly receive .online inquiries (over 700K domain regs in this TLD)... and all are lowball, they don't want to pay for these domains even ~$300-500.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  25. DnEbook

DnEbook DataGlasses.Com ★★★★★★★★★★

Hey man what about .Tel ...... the revolution is coming I tells ya

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: