IT.COM

new gtlds Google bought X.Company (and moved from SolveForX.com to it)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Al Marri

Alphabet.companyTop Member
Impact

Hello everyone

Google bought X.Company from the first owner was Chinese person so Google use that name for X project .

X.Company

image.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was hoping Google would settle on X.TECHNOLOGY as that is mine..

•••
•••
•••
I used to be very close to own X.Solar, but in the last minute I gave up b/c of the consideration of risks. About one week later, that name was registered by someone else

Last edited:
•••
I used to be very close to own X.Solar, but in the last minute I gave up b/c of the consideration of risks. About one week later, that name was registered by someone else
The thing about Single letter New G's is that there is very little supply. Although, as with all New G's, the renewal must be manageable...

•••
I did my research and that is why I came to the conclusion that nGTLDs will never be as valuable as a .com
Nailed it again.
Your right. They are worth more and have a higher ROI. See examples @ New"G"s kick Ass :)
Please save your agrument about a small sample doesn't mean anything. The only reason there aren't more examples is because
the .com sales don't havea history post.
The dollar amount isn't nearly as important as the % ROI.
More research needed on your part.
Cheers

•••
Your right. They are worth more and have a higher ROI. See examples @ New"G"s kick Ass :)

Please save your agrument about a small sample doesn't mean anything. The only reason there aren't more examples is because
the .com sales don't havea history post.
The dollar amount isn't nearly as important as the % ROI.
More research needed on your part.
Cheers

There are plenty of exact match that sold for far less than what the .com would sell, These do of course not get included in your examples.

Forex.trading sold for 5k recently.
forextrading.org 10,000 USD 2011-01-20 Sedo
forextrading.co.uk 22,250 USD 2011-01-12 Sedo

web.hosting 52k
webhosting.co.uk 500k
webhosting.de 70k

auto.loan 40k
carloan.com.au 200k
autoloan.com would sell for more than 40k

They are not worth more. You can believe what you want but I don't think that making unrealistic assumptions will help anyone.

As for the ROI, most of the best exact match are registry owned so I am sure the ROI is good for them unless they pad millions for the TLD.

Last edited:
•••
I never talked about my domains being super premium. I am talking about why .com is so far the only investment grade extension in the world.(besides ccTLDs) This is not about individual domains being good or bad. It is about extensions that sell vs. unproven extensions that are being hyped...

You can have the most super premium keywords in the world but if you have the wrong extension that won't help you much.

It does not matter how great your Rolex replica looks if it is not the real deal. That is something that the market decides and it's very predictable what the market will do short term/mid-term.

most of the combos that are premium will be sold by the registries not domainers.

if you want to see how well keyword strings or niche extensions sell look at .tv, .travel or .xxx.

The market has already been tested for these. .tv almost went broke, interestingly.

Exact match .com are bread and butter deals for domainers but the majority of website traffic goes to non-exact match. These alone will not make a market popular. You select the few best examples. There aren't that many great ones. Most are registry owned.

An infinitely large number of them simply sucks and is overpriced.

The ones that are doing well so far are more neutral extensions with broader usage options (.online, .club etc.) True exact match .whatever are doing poorly despite frequently being shown as examples of a perfect domain that is superior to it's .com version.

They look great to the domainers that bought them because they see $$$ when looking at them.

The investment grade market is very small compared to the total market and most people and businesses are priced out.
It's absurd to use investment grade values as a blanket argument for the value of all .coms.
What's left according to your logic can be assumed NOT worthy of "investment" value. Correct? The data is pretty clear on this point
So what's left is the middle. That's where the battle ground truly is. This is where the New"G"s will impact .com for New reg's. and ROI as mid range .coms are no longer an 8$ initial investment it's an 8x62 base. For the same price I can sit on a comparable New "G" for up to 10 years before the cost is the same. New "G"s are a much better value.
Happy Hunting

•••
There are plenty of exact match that sold for far less than what the .com would sell, These do of course not get included in your examples.

They are not worth more. You can believe what you want but I don't think that making unrealistic assumptions will help anyone.

As for the ROI, most of the best exact match are registry owned so I am sure the ROI is good for them unless they pad millions for the TLD.
Where's your examples ( plural) ? Step up. .com examples
Are you comparing wholesale to enduser ? Most of the examples I posted are enduser. If they aren't multiply by 10 a standard multiplier for end use ask price.
Forex.trading may or may not be an enduser. I don't know we will have to wait and see. I have received x,xxx offers for finance
type New "G"s from brokers so it wouldn't be a stretch to see this domain resell for more than your examples.
Cheers

•••
Hmm okay lets see now
If someone is giving you 2 domains out of which you have to select 1?
Which one will you select?

A.COMPANY OR A.COM

Please answer honestly :xf.grin:
Common now. this is the true comparison A.Company or A.Commerce Which one is better suited for ubiquity ? :)
A.Company all day long
Cheers

•••
Where's your examples ( plural) ? Step up. .com examples
Are you comparing wholesale to enduser ? Most of the examples I posted are enduser. If they aren't multiply by 10 a standard multiplier for end use ask price.
Forex.trading may or may not be an enduser. I don't know we will have to wait and see. I have received x,xxx offers for finance
type New "G"s from brokers so it wouldn't be a stretch to see this domain resell for more than your examples.
Cheers

more examples.

commercial.property 25k - This is a 6 figure name in .com - I believe this used to be on sale on Igloo.com with a minimum price of $250k

Most 'proper' exact match that I found reported on Namebio sold for less than what you would expect the com to sell. I don't find this surprising at all.

Last edited:
•••
more examples.

namebio.com/commercial.property']commercial.property 25k - This is a 6 figure name in .com - I believe this used to be on sale on Igloo.com with a minimum price of $250k

Most 'proper' exact match that I found reported on Namebio sold for less than what you would expect the com to sell. I don't find this surprising at all.

Yet another "valuable" .com still on the shelf 30 years.
Your example is still for sale. Your example lacks hard data . My examples are indisputable.

Domain Available
CommercialProperty.com is for sale!
The owner of the domain you are researching has it listed for sale.
CommercialLand.com ($5,399)CommercialBuilding.com ($6,999) Also for sale.

•••
Your example is still for sale. Your example lacks hard data . My examples are indisputable.

Domain Available
CommercialLand.com ($5,399)CommercialBuilding.com ($6,999) Also for sale

You can't compare CommercialLand.com ($5,399) to commercialproperty.com

To anyone, the examples that I gave are no-brainers. Webhosting.com simply isn't worth less than 50k.

Another way of viewing this. The highest strong(strong in terms of search volume CPC) exact match that we saw being reported on NB was web.hosting. (52k)

I mean I do get that not everthing gets reported and for higher sales there tend to be NDAs BUT with some many exact match becoming available at once, there should be many high sales being reported. 50k the best that I find? Lasvegas.com was sold for $30 million. Others have sold for 7 figures.

Imagine all exact match .com (I mean 2 words not 1) were reserved and were to be released at once how many sales would be reported? Many and many 6 or even some 7 figure sales.

The best that we have is 52k after 3 years.

Now I understand that the mid or low market works differently and I don't necessarily disagree that the low end market is more promising but I really don't think that one can claim because something is worth a certain amount in .com the nGTLD version is worth more(or the same)

Last edited:
•••
Yet another "valuable" .com still on the shelf 30 years.

Domain Available
CommercialLand.com ($5,399)CommercialBuilding.com ($6,999) Also for sale.

Since you used property

waterfront.property - 2,450 USD
waterfrontproperty.com - 80,850 USD

beachfront.property - 4,750 USD
beachfrontproperty.com - 32,000 USD

•••
INSURANCEME.COM last sold for $449 on 2015-08-08 at GoDaddy

12. Insurance.me $15,000 Sedo

•••
INSURANCEME.COM last sold for $449 on 2015-08-08 at GoDaddy

12. Insurance.me $15,000 Sedo

The buyer of the .com wanted the combo "insurance me" which sucks and isn't worth much. The others were possibly buying the single keyword not the combo so I don't think the buyers of these two domains were looking for the same thing. Don't think these can be compared. That is why at least some of the examples that you give are misleading.

Last edited:
•••
Common now. this is the true comparison A.Company or A.Commerce Which one is better suited for ubiquity ? :)
A.Company all day long
Cheers
What is A.Commerce?
Is that a new extension?????:xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••
Since you used property

waterfront.property - 2,450 USD
waterfrontproperty.com - 80,850 USD

beachfront.property - 4,750 USD
beachfrontproperty.com - 32,000 USD

Thank you for providing 2 documented examples. You'll need a few more to balance the debate.:)

What's interesting about the .coms is they are still just landing pages. I hope they bank enough on ads to cover their base
That's a nice bit of change that could be put to better use and ROI in a different type of investment.
If they ever sell, since they have been on the shelf for 30 yrs, it's likely they would sell for less.

What's interesting about Beachfront.property is it's in use.

As I pointed out earlier the New "G"s in this example are more likely to have a much higher ROI This is a good example.
Happy Hunting

Last edited:
•••
The buyer of the .com wanted the combo "insurance me" which sucks and isn't worth much. The others were possibly buying the single keyword not the combo so I don't think the buyers of these two domains were looking for the same thing. Don't think these can be compared. That is why at least some of the examples that you give are misleading.

The only comparison is word for word without the .com
That is what started this and quite frankly thanks to JB it has been an eye opening exercise one worthy of pursuing
Think what you want and pick and choose what you think is a fair comparison
As it's turning out not only do the examples have a higher value they also have a higher ROI which is even more significant
since it's the only thing that matters in investing.
I accept in the case of .com it's harder to compute the ROI.
We can however compare the ROI on NEW "G"sales to the median ave. of .com ROI's for a little insight

At least JB understands the basis of the debate and has stepped up with documented sales even if it's only 2 for now.
Happy Hunting

•••
Thank you for providing 2 documented examples. You'll need a few more to balance the debate.:)

What's interesting about the .coms is they are still just landing pages. I hope they bank enough on ads to cover their base
That's a nice bit of change that could be put to better use and ROI in a different type of investment.
If they ever sell, since they have been on the shelf for 30 yrs, it's likely they would sell for less.

What's interesting about Beachfront.property is it's in use.

As I pointed out earlier the New "G"s in this example are likely to have a much higher ROI This is a good example.
Happy Hunting

investment.property 4.5k USD
investmentproperty.com.au 137k USD

e.flowers 4.5k USD
eflowers.com 1 million USD
As I pointed out earlier the New "G"s in this example are likely to have a much higher ROI

For the registries. Higher renewals + premium prices + reserved names + premium renewals = lower margins for domainers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
investment.property 4.5k USD
investmentproperty.com.au 137k USD

e.flowers 4.5k USD
eflowers.com 1 million USD

Good ones !
Cheers

•••
the highest e+ word.com and nGTLD sales:

e.link 10,200 USD 2016-01-31 NameJet
e.gift 8,000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
e.help 5,000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
e.flowers 4,500 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
e.toys 1,608 USD 2016-09-10 Flippa
e.guide 1,334 USD 2016-07-28 Flippa
e.ski 1,112 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
e.financial 530 USD 2016-04-02 Flippa

ebet.com 1,350,000 USD 2013-10-23 Private
eflowers.com 1,000,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private
egifts.com 250,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private
esignature.com 150,000 USD 2011-08-17 DomainGuardians
ediscovery.com 100,000 USD 2012-04-04 Uniregistry / DomainAdvisors
eromance.com 100,000 USD 2008-03-12 Moniker
ecruise.com 100,000 USD 2004-09-01 Private
emedia.com 60,000 USD 2011-11-16 SnapNames

•••
Cmon.
I had asked for a.com not a.commerce :xf.grin:
OK:)
I would still use A.company. What's a .com? Besides, a.com 1.very few can afford 2. has never been released.
A.Company is for sale !
Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back