Dynadot

new gtlds Google bought X.Company (and moved from SolveForX.com to it)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Al Marri

Alphabet.companyTop Member
Impact

Hello everyone

Google bought X.Company from the first owner was Chinese person so Google use that name for X project .

X.Company

image.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Scarcity increases value...you learn that in ECON 101 or 100, but I guess you never took that

the question is what value will be increased.

scarcity of diamonds will NOT increase value of cubic zirconia :)

Your a fool to think that public reports account for a meaningful percentage of domain sales,

the same applies to .com. What counts is the ratio of reported .com sales vs. .ngtld sales. The percentage of nGTLD sales, is so far not significant.

Google or Microsoft buy them while comparable .com's gather dust being parked? Clearly there the better option being legacy tlds?

This is not reflected in current sales reports. Large companies mostly buy .com.

Clearly there the better option being legacy tlds?

if we look at current sales reports, end-users don't think that way or they simply don't know any better.

Last edited:
•••
the question is what value will be increased.

scarcity of diamonds will NOT increase value of cubic zirconia :)

Diamonds and Cubic Zirconia are fundamentally different at the molecular level. .COM and NGTLDS are both Top Level Domains. In one case one looks like the other but isn't related in the other case one is different than the other but is related. You guys make this too easy.

•••
Question of the day...if you don't like .company, why are you even in here in the first place? Go camping or something lol.

•••
Diamonds and Cubic Zirconia are fundamentally different at the molecular level. .COM and NGTLDS are both Top Level Domains. In one case one looks like the other but isn't related in the other case one is different than the other but is related. You guys make this too easy.

only one of them sells for a lot of money. It does not matter how many diamond alternatives are on the market, only diamonds will sell for a lot of money which applies to domains as well.

How many ngTLD website services are you using? Do you enjoy them? Or are you busy visiting inferior.com websites?

Question of the day...if you don't like .company, why are you even in here in the first place? Go camping or something lol.

if you don't like .com why are you visiting this website instead of a domaining forum on a nGTLD extension? Ok. In understand. There aren't any.

I will now go to uber.car NOT. Or is it car.uber?

Last edited:
•••
only one of them sells for a lot of money. It does not matter how many diamond alternatives are on the market, only diamonds will sell for a lot of money.
Don't know how long you been up there in the rocky mountains researching the rise and fall of domains...from looking at your profile pic. Let's just conclude that not all .com and TLDS are going to fetch large prices or take a business or company to the next level...only the rare gems in various extensions. At the end of the day, only the buyer can decide what makes perfect sense for them.

•••
only one of them sells for a lot of money. It does not matter how many diamond alternatives are on the market, only diamonds will sell for a lot of money which applies to domains as well.

How many ngTLD website services are you using? Do you enjoy them? Or are you busy visiting inferior.com websites?

if you don't like .com why are you visiting this website instead of a domaining forum on a nGTLD extension? Ok. In understand. There aren't any.

I will now go to uber.car NOT. Or is it car.uber?
Looking at my watch and sipping coffee...hmmmmmm, last time I checked....I was still in/on this .company forum/post and you were the one in here with us. Check please.

•••
uniregistry.com

Mike Mann ‏@mikemanndotcom
How come 100% of Fortune500 genius marketing executives and CEOs are using super premium .COM domains? You know better? It's the koolaid again, never pays.

http://no_url_shorteners/8ptWXo2sh

Last edited:
•••
•••
Comparing apples to oranges: "the .com sold for $$$$ therefore my new gTLD domain is worth at least $$$".
It doesn't work like that. And many sales are one of a kind.

The real question is, are .company domains selling at all ?
I honestly have received over 9 offers through Sedo. These includes high 4 figure offers.

•••
Going to share another great .company domain from our portfolio today: Lens.company will turn 3 years old next year. Camera lens, camcorder lens and even Google is creating contact lens that can monitor glucose levels in diabetic patients. Superb. So yes, many of us with great .company portfolios are keeping track of things to come in the future. Google Digital Contact Lens Patent

holding-digital-contact-lens-512x341.jpg

•••
everyone makes assumptions. What else can we do? You aren't making assumptions?

I did my research and that is why I came to the conclusion that nGTLDs will never be as valuable as a .com within the next 10 years and very likely beyond that.

In domains being the second best choice never paid well. Look up .net sales. Aside from a few ultra premium keywords they never did well. Premium keywords are for the most part reserved by the registries.

Either you are first or you aren't worth much. .com is first not because it is so great, it never was. It is first because it is the first choice.

With the Billions that have been spent on branding .com in the past 20 years, ngtlds will never become popular enough to be first, maybe theoretically 30 years from now but not within a timeframe that interests me.

that's why you will never get top dollar for your .company

you are the measure of all things...

•••
•••
Hmm okay lets see now
If someone is giving you 2 domains out of which you have to select 1?
Which one will you select?

A.COMPANY OR A.COM

Please answer honestly :xf.grin:

•••
Hmm okay lets see now
If someone is giving you 2 domains out of which you have to select 1?
Which one will you select?

A.COMPANY OR A.COM

Please answer honestly :xf.grin:

why you don,t make a thread ?
by this post you give this thread some attention
that,s great

maybe you should read this post again and listen to some words...

a better example :

QatarGas.com ( 11 letters )
LNG.Company ( 10 letters )

what sounds better ?

.company is a great extension for companies

short in the beginning long at the end
or
long in the beginning and short at the end

•••
I love .company
It is one of the few ngtlds which i actually like

According to me if you are a Company/Corporation then you should definitely have a .company (Not as a main website of course) but for example if we are talking about say tools.company or say cars.company.
What will it exactly convey?
According me it will look like a directory containing list of car companies/models. I don't know about others so my 2 cents.

•••
The extension is quite longer than .com, which is a disadvantage, unless you can shorten the left of the dot.
But it seems to me that it's in direct competition with .co then.
'company' is fine in English speaking countries, much less in other countries. Many new TLDs are in fact English strings and thus unlikely to be embraced everywhere.

Fewer than 50K registered so far: https://ntldstats.com/tld/company
My only problem is that I don't think any .company investors are actually running a real business on a .company domain...
To put it differently: people are trying to sell stuff that hasn't passed the reality test for them :)

•••
I think .co is better than .company. Therefore sales volume and prices will be lower than what we can currently see with .co

•••
Sipping my coffee again...I see the domain vultures have came back to the .company nest again...smh.

•••
Reminds me of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers that came out in 1978, starring Donald Sutherland. The entire world is trying to make you become just like them, a clone of the .com system....when your only trying to be you in this .company forum/post...smh (Sips a little bit more coffee). Folks, again....many of us have large .com portfolios already, but we love .company also. How about you guys go fishing or something? Go create your own forum/post and leave the people in here alone lol.

•••
West.Company is for Sale
Price: 250.000$

•••
The extension is quite longer than .com, which is a disadvantage, unless you can shorten the left of the dot.
But it seems to me that it's in direct competition with .co then.
'company' is fine in English speaking countries, much less in other countries. Many new TLDs are in fact English strings and thus unlikely to be embraced everywhere.

Fewer than 50K registered so far: https://ntldstats.com/tld/company
My only problem is that I don't think any .company investors are actually running a real business on a .company domain...
To put it differently: people are trying to sell stuff that hasn't passed the reality test for them :)

finally a good answer

•••
don't disagree with that. It is only the habit that makes it popular.

Nailed it. "it's only" popular because it was the only true commerce choice for years.
Won't be long before it means commie :)
The next gen of users aren't sheeple following the herd.
Cheers!

•••
Any .COM sales in it's first 10 years??

First they were given away just like some of the new ones. It took 15 years before sales took off which coincided with the reduction of reg fees. Not popularity. Even today there are millions of .com's nobody wants and have been on the shelf for more than 30 years.
Also, according to the "experts" just a few short years ago number.com's were worthless. Now numbers are a big deal in a lot
of extensions.
Listen to the market, not the barkers.
Cheers!

•••
Merck Chemistry and Pharma Big Company
Take Following .Company Domain Names:

Merck.Company
original.company
theoriginal.company
emerck.company
mdg.company
mdpm.company
merono.company
mkdg.company
mrk.company

•••
First they were given away just like some of the new ones. It took 15 years before sales took off which coincided with the reduction of reg fees. Not popularity. Even today there are millions of .com's nobody wants and have been on the shelf for more than 30 years.
Also, according to the "experts" just a few short years ago number.com's were worthless. Now numbers are a big deal in a lot
of extensions.
Listen to the market, not the barkers.
Cheers!

You are Right look @ Med.company its taken by [email protected]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back