Dynadot

new gtlds Google bought X.Company (and moved from SolveForX.com to it)

NameSilo
Watch

Al Marri

Alphabet.companyTop Member
Impact

Hello everyone

Google bought X.Company from the first owner was Chinese person so Google use that name for X project .

X.Company

image.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DNS protocols are always changing. Scarcity increases value...you learn that in ECON 101 or 100, but I guess you never took that. Also there is plenty of demand and it will continue to grow, if ngtlds weren't in demand then why would Google or Microsoft buy them while comparable .com's gather dust being parked? Clearly they are the better option being legacy tlds? Your a fool to think that public reports account for a meaningful percentage of domain sales, any company worth its ilk would buy domains under very strict NDA's revealing nothing other than them being the new owner. Again, I've already sourced Paul Mockapetris, so rather than make insubstantial arguments, you should go and watch that video...wasn't it you who asked for the source? Paul Vixie, as established as he is did not create the DNS and therefore has a starkly different vision then the man who made it his mission to build it Paul Mockapetris and after reading that article it seems to me that he is more concerned about the security issues of new NGTLDs and the fact that a "price tag" can be associated with the registration of a new addition to the DNS than the actual innovation of its use. In layman's terms he is more concerned about how it affects his own interests and the principles that he himself has rather than the actual need for them. Which makes sense since he runs a security company( Farsight Security), using an article to create a problem that needs fixing is quite an easy way to gain business, but I doubt many people think at this level.

I suggest you take the time to find less bias sources. Just going through google won't cut it.

"he runs a security company( Farsight Security), using an article to create a problem that needs fixing is quite an easy way to gain business, but I doubt many people think at this level."
Nailed it.

•••
the question is what value will be increased.

scarcity of diamonds will NOT increase value of cubic zirconia :)

the same applies to .com. What counts is the ratio of reported .com sales vs. .ngtld sales. The percentage of nGTLD sales, is so far not significant.

This is not reflected in current sales reports. Large companies mostly buy .com.

if we look at current sales reports, end-users don't think that way or they simply don't know any better.
dordomai,
"Everyone wants a .com first. If they have the choice between carinsurance.com and car.insurance and the price is the same they will always buy carinsurance.com"

Too bad Facebook, Paypal, Microsoft, Telcom, Airbnb, World hosting days (the owner of NamesCon) Bordeaux, The Global Capital of Wine wine.global and vin.global etc., etc. didn't listen to you or kate.
Save them.

"if someone is buying a domain based on the concept of the greater fool theory it is not legit".

You nailed it again! soooo many .com portfolios, auctions that nobody wants even after 30 years ! Yet .commies still believe someone will.... eventually.
.99cent .com's all day long pumping up reg numbers.....yea, legit.

There are also a lot more decrease in value sales in .com this year than ever before. The homework assignment you might have missed.

•••
Just posted, (from domaininvesting.com)

Judging from some of the tweets shared by Radix and TechCrunch, there have been quite a few hackers using Radix domain names for their projects.

•••
Shop.Company forward to icentre.com

•••
•••
Here is another cool .company domain from our portfolio: Deco.company will turn 3 years old next year.

•••
'Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.'
- Frank Zappa

most companies have a domain mangement
i bet the most companies bosses doesn,t know about the change in the internet

that a better name can change their business

A better name can change your life.
~ Frank Schilling

•••
I just registered AirCon.Company for $10

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Purchased a new .company domain today: Insurer.company been watching it for a long time. We already have names like: Insurer.life, Insurer.work, Insurer.club, Insurer.site, Insurer.website etc. Also great .com insurance domains like: AccidentsInsured.com, AssetsInsured.com, PatientsInsured.com, PolicyClerk.com, FamilyInsurer.com, PolicyInsurer.com and the list goes on. So yes, we don't just buy domains in the new extensions but Insurer.company, we had to have it. Insurance domains are gold also.
Insurer.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Almarri nice Take MB.Company xD

•••
•••
Your Domain Name is your Online Identity.
It helps connect your Company to the World...

•••
It helps me to make my Wallet Great Again

•••
Last edited:
•••
Serious ownership! Present.Company registered by it's owner till 2026

•••
Last edited:
•••
Amazon takes :

AWS.Company

Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) Cloud Computing Services

•••
This is my B a y . C o m p a n y

Bay
My new purchase

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back