Dynadot

new gtlds Google bought X.Company (and moved from SolveForX.com to it)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Al Marri

Alphabet.companyTop Member
Impact

Hello everyone

Google bought X.Company from the first owner was Chinese person so Google use that name for X project .

X.Company

image.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Good news, but how much was it sold for ??

I am wondering why Google did not also buy the matching .com ? it is parked at sedo for $10k!

X.Company renewal price is around $500

•••
•••
Maybe they foresee the future.

I am waiting for some guys to say that Google is stupid and they gonna lose traffic to the .com

Jump in guys.

•••
so who sold it and what price ?

•••
Yeah we want to know how much was it sold for.
I am not sure why did he open such a thread with insufficient info about the sale.

•••
•••
I'm sorry guys, but you are idiots @JB Lions @Kate
(disclaimer: not to be taken literally)

Lol.

Sorry for the joke, I just had to get that out of my system since both of you passive-aggressively insinuated that I was an idiot every time you used the phrase "abc.xyz is not a customer facing site" followed by your self praise and degrading .com rhetoric.

If you don't get the picture yet, Google has been slowly moving away from .COM to nGTLDs and will ultimately land just where I said:

abc.xyz
a.xyz
b.xyz
c.xyz

and yes, x.xyz

Be ready for a shakeup in China regulations too. Like Google, they are waiting for the perfect time and moving step-by-step.

@MasterOfMyDomains @rokaska7 @mad409 @PhilGroup @DNGear

Last edited:
•••
First reported by @Cal2 on Saturday 11/12/2016 HERE

While checking Google's SolveforX.com site today, I saw it now resolves to X.Company. XCompany.com still looks to be for sale. Whether leaving that unpurchased is a good move on Google's part...

Last edited:
•••
Google is a trendsetter and is not always a trend-follower. @Cal2

•••
•••
What is .company?

If you have a business large or small,

.company is the obvious choice for your web presence.

Let the world know you’re open for business with a

.company web address.

Why .company ?

.company offers a TLD targeted to enhance user visibility by adding a relevant keyword to business domain names.

.company is a business-focused domain that offers companies an additional option beyond existing domains like .biz and .co

.company is a highly-searched keyword in association with review forums and blogs, making this TLD an intuitive option for review services.

It’s a credible, professional domain that is perfect if your business or organization
has “company” in its name.

Last edited:
•••
What is .company?

If you have a business large or small,

.company is the obvious choice for your web presence.

Let the world know you’re open for business with a

.company web address.

Why .company ?

.company offers a TLD targeted to enhance user visibility by adding a relevant keyword to business domain names.

.company is a business-focused domain that offers companies an additional option beyond existing domains like .biz and .co

.company is a highly-searched keyword in association with review forums and blogs, making this TLD an intuitive option for review services.

It’s a credible, professional domain that is perfect if your business or organization
has “company” in its name.

I don't think they are going to stick with X.company.

Just like I didn't think they would stick with SolveforX.com or CapitalG.com.

They are downgrading their domains so the switch the .xyz will be an obvious upgrade.

•••
I don't think they are going to stick with X.company.

Just like I didn't think they would stick with SolveforX.com or CapitalG.com.

They are downgrading their domains so the switch the .xyz will be an obvious upgrade.

i don,t think so

G O O G L E

This is Google Venture's new website
ABC.xyz ( Alphabet )
GC.xyz (Google Capital)
GV.xyz (Google Ventures)
A.xyz (Alphabet)
C.xyz (Calico)
G.xyz (Google)
N.xyz (Nest)
Y.xyz (YouTube)
X.xyz (X)

X.company is a great name

•••
i don,t think so

G O O G L E

This is Google Venture's new website
ABC.xyz ( Alphabet )
GC.xyz (Google Capital)
GV.xyz (Google Ventures)
A.xyz (Alphabet)
C.xyz (Calico)
G.xyz (Google)
N.xyz (Nest)
Y.xyz (YouTube)
X.xyz (X)

X.company is a great name

SolveforX.com was a "great name" too.

•••
•••
Notice that they are using Domains.google?
- Not google.domains.

X.xyz is similar to a .brand for them since the .xyz represents the end of Alphabet's domain name(s).

.abc is taken by a separate company, .alphabet is too long so they chose .xyz to end their domain names and disrupt the DN industry. It will clear a path for their Google Domains business.

Last edited:
•••
Notice that they are using Domains.google?
- Not google.domains.

X.xyz is similar to a .brand for them since the .xyz represents the end of Alphabet's domain name(s).

.abc is taken by a separate company, .alphabet is too long so they chose .xyz to end their domain names and disrupt the DN industry. It will clear a path for their Google Domains business.

has “company in its name.

•••
has “company in its name.

We can agree to disagree.

I believe Alphabet's (formerly Google) is planning on centralizing everything on abc.xyz and .xyz so it will be easy for everyone to find their websites / companies.

This would help heat the fire of excitement and make it easier for them to spread awareness of their job opportunities since it's hard to stop employees from leaving for companies like Facebook.

I think you are more interested in building excitement for .company than analyzing Alphabet's goals and strategy.

Last edited:
•••
We can agree to disagree.

I believe Alphabet's (formerly Google) is planning on centralizing everything on abc.xyz and .xyz so it will be easy for everyone to find their websites / companies.

This would help heat the fire of excitement and make it easier for them to spread awareness of their job opportunities since it's hard to stop employees from leaving for companies like Facebook.

I think you are more interested in building excitement for .company than analyzing Alphabet's goals and strategy.

I am convinced from .company

•••
On 13 /Nov /2016 FaceBook Visit F.Company .
image.png

.company clear for everyone who don't want to understand what's that meaning i think this is his problem not the extension .
The best extension for the companies it will be .company .

company.png

Good luck for everyone, wish the best for all .

Last edited:
•••
it,s time to get your .company

•••
On 13 /Nov /2016 FaceBook Visit F.Company .
image.png

.company clear for everyone who don't want to understand what's that meaning i think this is his problem not the extension .
The best extension for the companies it will be .company .

company.png

Good luck for everyone, wish the best for all .

For me, .com is enough to signify that it is a commercial company. Remember, length is a key factor in determining the value of a domain name.

I can see why Citi Bank would change from CitiBank.com to Citi.Bank, especially considering the security practices of that TLD operator but I don't see CitiBank changing to CitiBank.Company.

We shall see..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back