Dynadot

discuss Gold/Silver domain showcase and discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
I know there are some goldbugs here! Let's inspire each other with some gold/silver domain names.
I reg'd GoldChronicle . Com for a future gold news site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I just noticed that:

- Goldcoins.club

has been dropped and is now available for reg-fee (about 10 dollars). Maybe someone here is interested?
Thanks for sharing!

•••
What do you guys think about the GEO metal market, as in City+Gold/silver.com etc. I saw a couple being sold to local GEO buy gold places and was curious about other people's thoughts.

•••
i have gold-market.co.uk. what do people think of this domain?

•••

Goldmarket is a A+ term, but personally I think then hyphen kills most of it's attractiveness.

Gold-market.net is currently available.

Best of luck anyway!

Last edited:
•••
yh problem is it was already taken but my thoughts where seo purposes?

•••
yh problem is it was already taken but my thoughts where seo purposes?

Ok, I see.

A .CO.UK is possible to get high (or even top) ranked in Google's SERP. Especially in British Google. Just be a little careful not using the phrase "Gold market" TOO much while creating links, headlines etc. Using a Exact Match Domain and spam the same keyword(s) might be a very bad idea. You are probably aware of this already.

I just sold a website about a place in Thailand including a hyphen in the URL It was / is top ranked for that keyword / destination.

Best of luck!

•••
What do you guys think about the GEO metal market, as in City+Gold/silver.com etc. I saw a couple being sold to local GEO buy gold places and was curious about other people's thoughts.
KK Domains - Sometimes it can be good especially if it's for a large metropolitan area (i.e. NewYorkGold.com, ManhattanGold.com, SanFranciscoGold.com, SeattleGold.com, SanDiegoGold.com, LAGold.com, LosAngelesGold.com, LasVegasGold.com, etc).
Gareth Jones - The domain is decent. I wouldn't personally get it just because of the hyphen. Hyphens are a sign of desperate hand-reg

•••
AllBullion.com

my latest acquisition

•••
I have a few bullion names, bullionchat.com my favorite. I just can't see value in a domain that I can't come up with a good site plan for. If it's catchy or rhymes, funny, to the point, I can see value.

•••
AllBullion.com

my latest acquisition
Nice domain. I am surprised that was even available. What are your plans with it?
I have a few bullion names, bullionchat.com my favorite. I just can't see value in a domain that I can't come up with a good site plan for. If it's catchy or rhymes, funny, to the point, I can see value.
I agree. You should seriously consider developing BullionChat.com. I think it could be a good bullion-forum or some kind.

•••
Nice domain. I am surprised that was even available. What are your plans with it?

domainreport.domaintools.com had history of it from Nov 13, 2007 to Jun 10, 2015
I guess like with many other good bullion domains, recent poor outlook on gold/silver from mainstream finance world made domainers drop them. IDK about plans, hold and sell probably.

•••
Bar.Gold
Live.Gold
Stock.Gold
Investin.Gold

GoldExpert.org
SilverAge.org

I still regret of the fact that I missed Pay.Gold even though it was available until GA!

FYI: Investingin.Gold is still available!

•••
AuAg.xyz

namecheap's $1 .xyz seduced me to experiment a bit. what do you guys think?

•••
Bar.Gold
Live.Gold
Stock.Gold
Investin.Gold

GoldExpert.org
SilverAge.org

I still regret of the fact that I missed Pay.Gold even though it was available until GA!

FYI: Investingin.Gold is still available!
Pay.Gold is really good. I would have gotten it. I would have also tried to get others (i.e. exchange.gold, buy.gold, silver.gold, bit.gold, bitcoin.gold, american.gold, fools.gold, etc). For gTLD's I don't really buy, I am only .COM but if I do, I would never exceed one word. I would also avoid hyphens and numbers.

GoldExpert.Org is really good and super catchy. I would actually try to look into having that developed. You can make a really simple one-page informational website and use Gold charts from here and possibly add a random Youtube video.

SilverAge.Org can potentially be beneficial too.

•••
AuAg.xyz

namecheap's $1 .xyz seduced me to experiment a bit. what do you guys think?
I notice some people are jumping on the .xyz extension. I am personally not.

•••
GoldExpert.Org is really good and super catchy. I would actually try to look into having that developed. You can make a really simple one-page informational website and use Gold charts from here and possibly add a random Youtube video.

Is it much better than just holding the domain? Do you get some revenue from one-pagers?

•••
Is it much better than just holding the domain? Do you get some revenue from one-pagers?
Yes. You can make revenue from Google Adsense, Affiliate programs, opening a small e-commerce, etc. and it could make it more interesting to sell than just selling off a domain. A one-page website that's nice and brings in visitors is always better. Even if it's 1-3 visitors per day it makes a major difference than having a inactive domain with nothing else to show (i.e. visitors, history of revenue, etc).

•••
•••
S i l v e r e x dot com
G o l d e n e dot com

•••
Bulliontalk.com is very catchy. I could easily see it as some type of forum similar to silverstackers.com. See, now the previous website bulliontalk.com isn't super fancy but it's something and if someone was selling me a domain with a website like their old one it would look much more appealing, than just the domain. 33S did you see my main website? If not, IM me and I will send you the link.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Dimitris - $2,495 isn't 'very cheap'. It's a decent domain.

For an end-user looking to use it for a silver exchange business it is very cheap considering that at this very moment the retail price for just one 5 kg bar ($2,959.41) at Apmex.com. Using a specific brandname like this with some promotion will help him to break-even super quickly.

•••
For an end-user looking to use it for a silver exchange business it is very cheap considering that at this very moment the retail price for just one 5 kg bar ($2,959.41) at Apmex.com. Using a specific brandname like this with some promotion will help him to break-even super quickly.
Dimitris - Well that's not entirely true. You know better than that. I am sure you know how precious metals work Silver is at it's lowest numbers and if he sells a 176.3oz (5kg) silver bar he's not going to make much for it. There's nothing to break-even. Lets pretend I had a genuine $2,959.41 bill I owned. If I purchased your domain for $2,495 and sold/exchanged my $2,959.41 bill, for another $2,959.41 bill -- where are the profits? How does that make sense?

Yes they put a very small premium on the piece but it's not enough to 'quickly' break even. It will take a lot of 5kg bars to make that possible. Don't forget you also have to hire someone to make the website, which could cost $10s of $1,000s due to the complexity of e-commerce with fluctuating prices for precious metals -- certainly not an easy task. Precious Metals are not like 'things' you buy from wholesalers to sell for major profits. Precious Metals isn't that toy or phone case you buy from the wholesaler for $3.00 and sell it for $10.00+.

Even though Silver is a precious metal. It's very heavy and cheap. So I would also be paying additional money to send my very heavy 11 lb. (5kg) $2,959.41 bill to someone who ordered it. It's not like Gold where it's over $1,100+ per ounce versus SIlver at $14+ per ounce. You can send a small 1 gram piece of pure Gold with a value of $35+ and 1g weighs almost nothing; a little flake. You and I both know there's a lot of damage control before one truly 'breaks even'. :P

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back