Domain Empire

discuss Gold/Silver domain showcase and discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
I know there are some goldbugs here! Let's inspire each other with some gold/silver domain names.
I reg'd GoldChronicle . Com for a future gold news site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow I complete forgot about the domain I own silverbureau.com

•••
Your example is valid but it is very specific for someone with a very tight budget that counts even his cents. If I were him, I wouldn't even consider spending $2,495 for a name. I would pay my bills, work hard, make sure I have some money aside and then only take the decision to buy the name for this price.

I hope that the one who buys it for my price is the one who has alot of 5kg bars, to build the full business, including the complex exchanging website. This potential end-user I have in my mind and that's why I wrote "very cheap" . If the buyer spends his last $2,495 to buy it then it's his problem for not taking the right decision.

•••
Your example is valid but it is very specific for someone with a very tight budget that counts even his cents. If I were him, I wouldn't even consider spending $2,495 for a name. I would pay my bills, work hard, make sure I have some money aside and then only take the decision to buy the name for this price.

I hope that the one who buys it for my price is the one who has alot of 5kg bars, to build the full business, including the complex exchanging website. This potential end-user I have in my mind and that's why I wrote "very cheap" . If the buyer spends his last $2,495 to buy it then it's his problem for not taking the right decision.
Dimitris - I think you would be better off establishing the domain into a website. It doesn't have to be huge. It can be a one-page informational website about silver. Place ads, pictures, and utilize affiliate programs. Establish the website so that this 'end user' you seek would see something much more appealing. Imagine if you already have a website bringing in traffic, Google Adsense revenue, and small profits from affiliate programs. Let's say your website was making, on average $20 per month. That alone would be much more appealing. It would be more if you routinely updated the website, had a big influx of visitors, similar to coinflation.com or one of the other simple, but affective websites. SilverEx.com would be much more attractive. Just a thought :P.

•••
I will consider your thought. Thank you :) I always wanted to do something similar with other of my names but I don't have time.

•••
I will consider your thought. Thank you :) I always wanted to do something similar with other of my names but I don't have time.
Absolutely. If you need help let me know. I will be more than happy to help. I am not the best web designer/developer in the world but I may be able to make something happen just so that there's SoMeThIng on the domain/site.

•••
•••
would have also tried to get others (i.e. exchange.gold, buy.gold, silver.gold, bit.gold, bitcoin.gold, american.gold, fools.gold

All of the names that you have mentioned were either registry reserved or got sold on EAP Day 1 or 2 with upto XXXX in renewals. Hence it is basically restricted to big budget end users and not speculators.

Pay.Gold was a non-premium and got snapped on GA at pre-reg fee!

•••
A regret of mine is selling "gold.hn" a couple of years ago in a quick-sale scenario. I was naïve and new to domaining so got practically robbed on that sale, given that there are gold mines in Honduras. Ah well, live and learn.

•••
A regret of mine is selling "gold.hn" a couple of years ago in a quick-sale scenario. I was naïve and new to domaining so got practically robbed on that sale, given that there are gold mines in Honduras. Ah well, live and learn.
That's a good domain. How much you sell it for?

•••
•••
More a brandable than anything, silverpillar .
Oh and slightly ot platinumingot.
Both coms
Keen to see your site

Last edited:
•••
It pains me to admit. Low xxxs.
Mmm that's not too bad. Not many people are registering .hn domains. You have nothing to really worry about. You actually received a great offer. It sounds like you were really attached to the domain. Sentimental remorse.

•••
Mmm that's not too bad. Not many people are registering .hn domains. You have nothing to really worry about. You actually received a great offer. It sounds like you were really attached to the domain. Sentimental remorse.
Haha yeah - it was worth its weight in Gold. The buyer (on Flippa) said he was going to develop it into a site. That was in 2013. He's evidently taking his time with that!

•••
More a brandable than anything, silvepillar .
Oh and slightly ot platinumingot.
Both coms
Keen to see your site
Silverpillar? Silvepillar?

•••
bullion.business is also one of mine

•••
•••
GoldOz and GoldCommodity, both in the NET

•••
gold-price.com ends in less than 30 minutes at 1,500 EUR No Reserve with 1 bidder...

•••
•••
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ches-record-price-for-.co.uk-domain-name.html

"Gold website fetches record price for '.co.uk' domain name

British entrepreneur Rob Halliday-Stein buys gold.co.uk for £600,000 in what is believed to be a record for the top-level domain"

Awesome. If you try a lot of gold/silver domains in major TLDs, you'll find many vacant .co.uk's, sometimes .co.uk is available when even .de is taken (wtf people you're supposed to speak German!)

•••
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ches-record-price-for-.co.uk-domain-name.html

"Gold website fetches record price for '.co.uk' domain name

British entrepreneur Rob Halliday-Stein buys gold.co.uk for £600,000 in what is believed to be a record for the top-level domain"
That is awesome! It's always exciting to hear about these sales. Thanks for sharing this. I am going to read more into this. It's very interesting. The guy who purchased gold.co.uk is a Billionaire. He started with virtually nothing and could have purchased this domain a few years ago for under £100,000. That's insane. I am sure the previous owner is now really glad he held onto the domain. I am sure Gold.co.uk has a great future. There's a lot of money, time, and resources that will build it up into a true work of art; a larger than life empire.

•••
gold-price.com ends in less than 30 minutes at 1,500 EUR No Reserve with 1 bidder...
That's a decent domain even though it has a hyphen in it. There's a lot that can be done with it. I did a brief search on this domain and it seems to get a decent amount of traffic, which is really good. Hope it sells well. It would make a good website or even landing page.

•••
•••
Very nice domains. Thanks for sharing. Will you develop them?

No plans yet to develop, for now just waiting until the right offer comes along ;)

•••
regged BullionRates.net
it's a.net but a good one

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back