Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the current GoDaddy PR disaster that's happening regarding @create.com and how his domains were intentionally locked down without a court order, I think it's time that we look at a "mile high" perspective of why GoDaddy's overall customer service has been in a spiral over the last year or two. Whether it's an increasingly atrocious UI, terrible communication or GoDaddy cancelling domains and websites without a clear reason as to why, many folks agree that GoDaddy's service is in decline. One of the biggest reasons, imo, is that GoDaddy is increasingly positioning itself as more of a philanthropic ideological based organization, rather than a domain registrar and web hosting provider.

Case in point - Below is nearly every single Facebook post on the official Godaddy account for the past few months:

----
March 8 - This #InternationalWomensDay, we’re celebrating all the women out there who #MakeNoApologies for stepping into their ambition. You inspire us. #IWD

March 5 - #MakeNoApologies for your ambition, or you’ll owe one to the women who come next. #WomensHistoryMonth #WomensHistory

March 4 - If you’re a woman or minority business owner, give your operation a boost during COVID-19 with these useful resources and funding options. #WomensHistoryMonth

March 1 - Brittni “Bee” Brown of The Bee Agency is helping flip the script on the Detroit business community. Check out this Icons of Detroit episode with Nneka Julia to see how she’s initiating change.

Feb 28 - Check out our chat with Mo's Bows Memphis owner Moziah Bridges as he speaks candidly about the meaning behind his Black History Month bow tie design. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 27 - In our chat with Moziah Bridges about the future of Mo's Bows Memphis, he offered up some advice to aspiring entrepreneurs. Watch now. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 26 - Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows Memphis chatted with us about the state of Black History Month in 2021, commemorating this month and which Black-owned business he admires. See it now. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 25- Of all the challenges small business owners will face this year, maybe the most important will be planning for financial stability once COVID-19 has passed. Here’s how.

Feb 24 - Check out this episode of School of Hustle with BIONIC YARN founder, Tyson Toussant. Hear how one minute he’s learning to transform plastic into fabric, and the next he’s partnering with Pharrell to sell it to top brands.

Feb 24 - When designing his Black History Month bow tie, Mo of Mo's Bows Memphis went with an inspired color palette that represents him, his life and his business. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 23 - When designing his bow tie for Black History Month, Mo of Mo's Bows Memphis was intent on incorporating a powerful African symbol. After much consideration, he chose the Sankofa bird. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 23 - For nearly 10 years, Mo has poured his spirit and creativity into Mo's Bows Memphis. To him, this bow tie represents not only Black History, but also his Black Future. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 22 - Lorri “Lady L” Thomas was a mom with three jobs and a fine art degree before realizing a tattoo artist’s life was the life for her. Join host Nneka Julia on Icons of Detroit and find out how this talented artist finally found her calling.

Feb 17 - To commemorate Black History Month, we’ve commissioned a limited-edition bow tie designed by Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows Memphis. Available Feb. 20 at mosbowsmemphis.com. All proceeds will be donated to the Tapestry Project. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 15 - After experiencing the benefits of yoga firsthand, Kerrie Trahan started Yoganic Flow to make mindfulness accessible in the inner city of Detroit.

Feb 8 - Growing up not knowing how to style her own hair, Yelitsa Jean-Charles, CEO and founder of Healthy Roots Dolls, set out to create dolls to teach young Black girls just that. Hear the whole story on Icons of Detroit.

Feb 1 - They’re tough, they’re proud and they will not be denied. Meet Detroit’s small business owners. Together, they carry the city on their backs. In Icons of Detroit, Nneka Julia sets out to meet the heart and soul of this amazing city.

Jan 1 - Corn is the most important building block of the American food system. That means if we make corn better, we fundamentally improve the American diet.” For Evan Rocheford of Professor Torbert's Orange Corn, the future looks bright orange. #makeadifferentfuture

Jan 1 - As the CEO and cofounder of NutraMaize, Evan Rocheford wanted to bring nutrient-rich food to the masses. And he did just that with their flagship product, Professor Torbert's Orange Corn grits.

Dec 31 - I created She Moves Mountains to provide opportunities for women to learn from women.” For Lizzy VanPatten, #makeadifferentfuture means teaching women that they have the strength to scale any mountain physical or otherwise.

----

Right....and yet @Paul Nicks felt that patronizing shareholders and customers and calling them "conspiratorial" for merely being concerned that GoDaddy's corporate Ideology just might be influencing various internal decisions, was the right response?

Perhaps if GoDaddy spent their energy actually helping their customers, rather than virtue signaling to them, half of their current issues would be resolved. Or perhaps Aman Bhutani is simply in the wrong business and he should just set up shop as a full blown non profit organization for social causes. Where are the posts that strictly speak about GoDaddy's products and services?

I knew it was bad, but I actually didn't know it was THIS bad until I checked out their FB page. This is truly unbelievable. Enough is enough. My domains are OUT of there.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My goodness, you're o b s e s s e d

•••
Please hold while I act shocked

•••
•••
Preach brother!

Godaddy is “too big to care.”

Last edited:
•••
The UI is terrible, but the Facebook posts have nothing to do with that. It's just regular corporate fluff designed to solicit a few likes and clicks. Every company does it.

Hardly a sign of "decline".

•••
If GoDaddy wants to do the whole woke thing on social media, I'm all for it as long as it brings in customers some of whom buy my domains.

•••
My goodness, you're o b s e s s e d

That's pretty rich considering the entire point of thread is discussing how GoDaddy is absolutely obsessed with social justice issues and forcing ideology upon its customers.

•••
The UI is terrible, but the Facebook posts have nothing to do with that. It's just regular corporate fluff designed to solicit a few likes and clicks. Every company does it.

Hardly a sign of "decline".

Not true at all. Corporate ideology finds its way through literally every facet of business, from the customer service agents to the web designers, to the VP's. These days, you're not really allowed to express yourself openly in a corporate environment if such expressions go against whatever has been decided as politically correct. The problem with focusing so much on social issues, is that you lose track of what the hell your original company's mission statement is, altogether.

Last edited:
•••
Not true at all. Corporate ideology finds its way through literally every facet of business, from the customer service agents to the web designers, to the VP's. These days, you're not really allowed to express yourself openly in a corporate environment if such expressions go against whatever has been decided as politically correct. The problem with focusing so much on social issues, is that you lose track of what the hell your original company's mission statement is, altogether.
Politically correct is in vogue.

•••
If GoDaddy wants to do the whole woke thing on social media, I'm all for it as long as it brings in customers some of whom buy my domains.

Until they lock them down and say whoops, we dropped the ball. Until you have a website that was canceled By GoDaddy for literally no reason at all, other than they hate guns.

•••
Please hold while I act shocked

I suppose on some level it's not that shocking to some extent. Although I have to say that I am actually pretty shocked with just how utterly blatant their direction has been as of late.

Yet another example: compare and contrast GoDaddy's main twitter account and their "help" twitter account with their last tweet being months ago. Sady, I think it's rather self-explanatory where their overall priorities are.

Last edited:
•••
The irony of virtue signaling to a specific race, is that it's about as patronizing as one could be. If you're insinuating that a specific race is somehow "not capable" without extraordinary support or help, if you suggest that without your help, that they'd never have a chance, then I'm pretty sure that's a passively racist position. How insulting it is, to have everyone around you suggest that your race as a majority, is somehow weak and incapable. The screenshot below shows GoDaddy doing just that, as they respond to yet another customer who likely feels the same,

Last edited:
•••
Gee, I can't imagine why one of your customers was "on hold for an hour". Could it be that your corporate mindset has made it so your employees think that spending their time sharing virtues with an activist ice cream company, takes priority over taking care of your customers? That's a rhetorical question.

•••
So, GoDaddy's latest tweet isn't about their latest products or customer service, rather yet another virtue signal asking the public via a poll, how they will support women entrepreneurs this month.

So far it's not going very well.

•••
That's pretty rich considering the entire point of thread is discussing how GoDaddy is absolutely obsessed with social justice issues and forcing ideology upon its customers.

@The Rover not only are you obsessed, you obviously have not the first clue about corporate structures. The PR department - that's Public Relations - is a separate, often self-administered, department in most corporate structures. Its job is to generate publicity regarding the business and to twist the bad news into something with a more pleasant public face.

The fact you don't like anything it says which may, just possibly even if highly unlikely, have a slight whiff of humanity instead without outright right wing posturing and propaganda, is neither here nor there.

GoDaddy has gone wrong by growing too big too fast and failing to conceal its monopolistic tendencies, illustrated by the intention of its main board to monopolise the domain names space regardless of ethics or integrity. Nothing at all to do with the efforts of its PR department.

•••
@The Rover not only are you obsessed, you obviously have not the first clue about corporate structures. The PR department - that's Public Relations - is a separate, often self-administered, department in most corporate structures. Its job is to generate publicity regarding the business and to twist the bad news into something with a more pleasant public face.

The fact you don't like anything it says which may, just possibly even if highly unlikely, have a slight whiff of humanity instead without outright right wing posturing and propaganda, is neither here nor there.

GoDaddy has gone wrong by growing too big too fast and failing to conceal its monopolistic tendencies, illustrated by the intention of its main board to monopolise the domain names space regardless of ethics or integrity. Nothing at all to do with the efforts of its PR department.

The irony, is that your entire response is a nauseating virtue signal as you chose to make it somehow about "me". You're deflecting the issue as well, which is that customer service greatly suffers. By all means, keep using the "obsessed" mantra as a deflection away from the facts that I posted here within this thread. The fact that you literally are suggesting that GoDaddy's public relations has nothing to do with customer service is woefully naive and patently false. It's rather clear who's "obsessed" with race and virtue. Me pointing that obsession out is perfectly fine, particularly when few people here are willing to do just that.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t think you have the crowd, @The Rover. Nobody cares about your fight against the “woke” “virtue signalling” PR department at GoDaddy.

We just care about buying and selling domains here. Perhaps take your political commentary elsewhere?

•••
Godaddy is there to make money. If they cut costs and that cuts the quality of service, some customers will leave. Most won't, and Godaddy profits go up. If they think they are attracting more customers than they lose, maybe they calculate that is a winning formula. There are other service providers for people who want them.

Some of us recall Godaddy being a hideous freak show of sexist imagery, glad that went when Bob Parsons sold the business. I still used their services and at that time they had excellent support - by email, but after reading enough tales of accounts and domains being locked there, and dealing with their now useless support, I decided I would not willingly leave any domain of value at GD. So in a sense their deteriorating offering lost me.

•••
@The Rover This thread can either be about virtue signalling by a PR team or it can be about why the company is going rapidly downhill, which is due to the activities of the board. It cannot be both.

As I have already stated, and anyone with the first clue about corporate structure will agree, the two bodies may not even communicate with one another. That is rare, but that they are two separate sets of people working with entirely different agendas is inarguable.

Before ranting away, perhaps you may lose less credibility by approaching the topics with some knowledge and aforethought?

Last edited:
•••
I don’t think you have the crowd, @The Rover. Nobody cares about your fight against the “woke” “virtue signalling” PR department at GoDaddy.

We just care about buying and selling domains here. Perhaps take your political commentary elsewhere?

Or maybe just don't post a reply? Doesn't matter to me either way, really. Perhaps those who had their domain or site canceled by GoDaddy literally due to corporate ideology feel differently than you?

Some of you come off as I'm the one injecting politics into business. I'm literally pointing out how that's what GoDaddy is doing. Don't get this twisted.

Last edited:
•••
This thread can either be about virtue signalling by a PR team or it can be about why the company is going rapidly downhill, which is due to the activities of the board. It cannot be both.

As I have already stated, and anyone with the first clue about corporate structure will agree, the two bodies may not even communicate with one another. That is rare, but that they are two separate sets of people working with entirely different agendas is inarguable.

Before ranting away, perhaps you may lose less credibility by approaching the topics with some knowledge and aforethought?

Have you even bothered to see GoDaddy's posts on social media? You're making zero sense. PR (like any other dept such as human resources) connects directly to customer service. You obviously know nothing about the politics of corporate structure, and how it reaches every department within a company.

If you honestly disagree with that, then tell me something, why do companies even bother giving lectures and seminars on race, gender and sensitivity training to its employees? Answer: because the point is to have ALL employees under one homogenous ideology. This is rather basic stuff here, so I can't for the life of me understand how you think PR has no bearing on a company, internally.

Last edited:
•••
Or maybe just don't post a reply? Doesn't matter to me either way, really. Perhaps those who had their domain or site canceled by GoDaddy literally due to corporate ideology feel differently than you?

Some of you come off as I'm the one injecting politics into business. I'm literally pointing out how that's what's GoDaddy is doing. Don't get this twisted.
As @Mike Goodman and a few others have stated, the PR department has nothing to do with accounts being cancelled. Your thinly veiled attempt at a political statement is backfiring spectacularly. I’d suggest you stop before the mods step in again.

•••
As @Mike Goodman and a few others have stated, the PR department has nothing to do with accounts being cancelled. Your thinly veiled attempt at a political statement is backfiring spectacularly. I’d suggest you stop before the mods step in again.

You're totally right. Bias and ideology never influence decisions, right? I'm so glad you sorted this out for everyone. After all, who has ever heard of ideological training and meetings for employees, right?

Last edited:
•••

@J4wd I'd also add that whether you realize this or not, your passive, threatening remark about moderators merely underscores my points about unnecessary censorship. God forbid someone states something that you don't personally like. It truly seems that the "don't stir the pot syndrome" is on full display any time money is involved. Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring or refusing to acknowledge actual issues on the basis that you've convinced yourself that you'll never be affected by such issues, isn't exactly a noble position.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back