Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the current GoDaddy PR disaster that's happening regarding @create.com and how his domains were intentionally locked down without a court order, I think it's time that we look at a "mile high" perspective of why GoDaddy's overall customer service has been in a spiral over the last year or two. Whether it's an increasingly atrocious UI, terrible communication or GoDaddy cancelling domains and websites without a clear reason as to why, many folks agree that GoDaddy's service is in decline. One of the biggest reasons, imo, is that GoDaddy is increasingly positioning itself as more of a philanthropic ideological based organization, rather than a domain registrar and web hosting provider.

Case in point - Below is nearly every single Facebook post on the official Godaddy account for the past few months:

----
March 8 - This #InternationalWomensDay, we’re celebrating all the women out there who #MakeNoApologies for stepping into their ambition. You inspire us. #IWD

March 5 - #MakeNoApologies for your ambition, or you’ll owe one to the women who come next. #WomensHistoryMonth #WomensHistory

March 4 - If you’re a woman or minority business owner, give your operation a boost during COVID-19 with these useful resources and funding options. #WomensHistoryMonth

March 1 - Brittni “Bee” Brown of The Bee Agency is helping flip the script on the Detroit business community. Check out this Icons of Detroit episode with Nneka Julia to see how she’s initiating change.

Feb 28 - Check out our chat with Mo's Bows Memphis owner Moziah Bridges as he speaks candidly about the meaning behind his Black History Month bow tie design. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 27 - In our chat with Moziah Bridges about the future of Mo's Bows Memphis, he offered up some advice to aspiring entrepreneurs. Watch now. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 26 - Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows Memphis chatted with us about the state of Black History Month in 2021, commemorating this month and which Black-owned business he admires. See it now. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 25- Of all the challenges small business owners will face this year, maybe the most important will be planning for financial stability once COVID-19 has passed. Here’s how.

Feb 24 - Check out this episode of School of Hustle with BIONIC YARN founder, Tyson Toussant. Hear how one minute he’s learning to transform plastic into fabric, and the next he’s partnering with Pharrell to sell it to top brands.

Feb 24 - When designing his Black History Month bow tie, Mo of Mo's Bows Memphis went with an inspired color palette that represents him, his life and his business. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 23 - When designing his bow tie for Black History Month, Mo of Mo's Bows Memphis was intent on incorporating a powerful African symbol. After much consideration, he chose the Sankofa bird. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 23 - For nearly 10 years, Mo has poured his spirit and creativity into Mo's Bows Memphis. To him, this bow tie represents not only Black History, but also his Black Future. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 22 - Lorri “Lady L” Thomas was a mom with three jobs and a fine art degree before realizing a tattoo artist’s life was the life for her. Join host Nneka Julia on Icons of Detroit and find out how this talented artist finally found her calling.

Feb 17 - To commemorate Black History Month, we’ve commissioned a limited-edition bow tie designed by Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows Memphis. Available Feb. 20 at mosbowsmemphis.com. All proceeds will be donated to the Tapestry Project. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 15 - After experiencing the benefits of yoga firsthand, Kerrie Trahan started Yoganic Flow to make mindfulness accessible in the inner city of Detroit.

Feb 8 - Growing up not knowing how to style her own hair, Yelitsa Jean-Charles, CEO and founder of Healthy Roots Dolls, set out to create dolls to teach young Black girls just that. Hear the whole story on Icons of Detroit.

Feb 1 - They’re tough, they’re proud and they will not be denied. Meet Detroit’s small business owners. Together, they carry the city on their backs. In Icons of Detroit, Nneka Julia sets out to meet the heart and soul of this amazing city.

Jan 1 - Corn is the most important building block of the American food system. That means if we make corn better, we fundamentally improve the American diet.” For Evan Rocheford of Professor Torbert's Orange Corn, the future looks bright orange. #makeadifferentfuture

Jan 1 - As the CEO and cofounder of NutraMaize, Evan Rocheford wanted to bring nutrient-rich food to the masses. And he did just that with their flagship product, Professor Torbert's Orange Corn grits.

Dec 31 - I created She Moves Mountains to provide opportunities for women to learn from women.” For Lizzy VanPatten, #makeadifferentfuture means teaching women that they have the strength to scale any mountain physical or otherwise.

----

Right....and yet @Paul Nicks felt that patronizing shareholders and customers and calling them "conspiratorial" for merely being concerned that GoDaddy's corporate Ideology just might be influencing various internal decisions, was the right response?

Perhaps if GoDaddy spent their energy actually helping their customers, rather than virtue signaling to them, half of their current issues would be resolved. Or perhaps Aman Bhutani is simply in the wrong business and he should just set up shop as a full blown non profit organization for social causes. Where are the posts that strictly speak about GoDaddy's products and services?

I knew it was bad, but I actually didn't know it was THIS bad until I checked out their FB page. This is truly unbelievable. Enough is enough. My domains are OUT of there.
I'll also add that apparently, another user's comment on this thread was removed in the last 24 hours. Censorship abounds. Let me check the weather outside. Ah yes, I actually do see a few snowflakes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll also add that apparently, another user's comment on this thread was removed in the last 24 hours. Censorship abounds. Let me check the weather outside. Ah yes, I actually do see a few snowflakes.
Yes, a racial slur was deleted from the thread. It was also an off-topic post and contributed nothing to the thread.

Do you have a problem with that?

If so, you can express it in accordance with the rules:

Rule 1.5. Do not post anything suggestive, inquisitive, or critical of NamePros (e.g., policy, staff, or moderator activity: infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated Help Desk area (e.g., in the private support or public feedback sections).​

Update: Posts were moved to their own thread so the discussion could be continued.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, a racial slur was deleted from this thread. It was also an off-topic post and contributed nothing to the thread.

Do you have a problem with that?

If so, you can express it in accordance with the rules:

Rule 1.5. Do not post anything suggestive, inquisitive, or critical of NamePros (e.g., policy, staff, or moderator activity: infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated Help Desk area (e.g., in the private support or public feedback sections).​

Thanks.

Just to clarify, what you deleted wasn't anything I personally posted. You deleted another user's post. Instead of displaying an attitude with "you have a problem with that?" why not simply state how the comment you deleted was actually a racist slur, and also how it was off-topic as it pertains to this particular thread.

Last edited:
•••
Instead of displaying an attitude with "you have a problem with that?"
It seemed like a relevant question given your post: "Let me check the weather outside. Ah yes, I actually do see a few snowflakes."

Your post indicates that you knew what was deleted and why.

As previously mentioned, you may create a thread in the Help Desk section if you want to discuss it, but it's not relevant to the topic of this thread.

If this secondary topic continues, it'll be split off to its own thread.

Update: Posts were moved to their own thread so the discussion could be continued.

Last edited:
•••
It seemed like a relevant question given your post: "Let me check the weather outside. Ah yes, I actually do see a few snowflakes."

Your post indicates that you knew what was deleted and why.

As previously mentioned, you may create a thread in the Help Desk section if you want to discuss it, but it's not relevant to the topic of this thread.

If this secondary topic continues in this thread, it will be split off to its own thread.

Negative.

For anyone who is following or reading this thread, I'll go ahead lay down some context for those of you who didn't see their original comment. This entire thread is about corporate virtue signaling (as well as companies injecting the topic of race) into their overall ideology. This thread is about how such terrible optics will affect overall customer service in big tech, (and specifically GoDaddy) Another person here simply posted a joke that I should try and be less caucasian. That's all they posted. This obviously is referencing the widely talked about coca-cola seminar that it recently had its employees attend. So yes, it was in fact relevant to this entire thread. The namepros member was very literally repeating what one of the largest corporations in the world told their employees to do.

This is a huge story, but in case someone may have missed it: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/366132

Context matters.

Last edited:
•••
This is huge story, but in case someone may have missed it: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/366132

Context matters.
Thanks for the context; that's helpful.

It wasn't clear (or alluded to) in the original remark that it was a joke, but even as a joke, this isn't the appropriate website for it.

We'll be moving this secondary topic to its own thread if anyone wants to continue it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back