NameSilo

Third Consecutive UDRP win but this time with RDNH finding!

Labeled as legal in Domain Industry News started by AbdulBasit.com, Aug 20, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thank you Bailey! (y)
    Glad you like it and found it helpful. I know it's painful to be at the receiving end of UDRP but have to deal with it any way. It's worth going with 3 members panel if one is serious to defend it's domain. I've gone with 3 members panel each of the time and the result have been positive for me. Doesn't mean I wouldn't go with 1 member panel ever but that mainly depends on the domain in question.

Thank you once again my friend :) :xf.love:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. themavrick

themavrick Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Congrats! and thanks for sharing.

I wish you would sue them to recoup the lawyer fee at least.

3. themavrick

themavrick Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

4. AbdulBasit.com

I'll make sure you do that soon with big list :xf.wink:

5. goffee

goffee Established Member

Congrats Abdul..Your post will motivate fellow domainers to fight for their domains in UDRP.

6. elevator

elevator DnCombo.com VIP

7. saintpro

saintpro Established Member

Congrats!

BtW did you own a trademark of your own on the name?

8. AbdulBasit.com

Thanks!
    No, never felt that important to have TM of my own name.

9. 1Darko

1Darko Top Member VIP

@AbdulBasit.com Congrats for defending your property!
    Will you put them at The Hall of Shame?

10. onni

onni Domainer VIP

Congratulations! It’s good to see people fighting and winning against domain hijackers .

11. ET76

ET76 Top Member VIP

Waalaikum salam, congratulations @AbdulBasit.com happy to hear you win :xf.smile:

12. AbdulBasit.com

Thanks!
    Yeah, I plan to. Do you know the procedure?

13. 1Darko

1Darko Top Member VIP

Unfortunately I don't know. You should contact @Rick Schwartz

14. kandyan

kandyan Established Member

15. 4better

4better Established Domainer VIP

Congrats! Glad to hear this great news. It's a victory for the domainers alike. Thanks for sharing.

16. topdom

topdom Established Member

You hire a lawyer and pay thousands to defend a domain which may not get any offers and is not liquid?
    I would just put a 500 USD price and forget about it.

(If I was the owner, I would get 20 USD offer at Sedo, and if my counteroffer is 250 I wouldn't get any response, because it would be more than the backorder fee the middlebuyer got at their own marketplace/registrar. Sedo shows seller's location instead of showing buyers' IP.)

17. honestbobby

honestbobby Established Member

Wallekum Aslam...Greaaaaaat Mr Abdul Basit.... Has been a great fan of yours... Always happy when I hear yours success story... Keep sharing them...

18. AbdulBasit.com

So do you think this domain is not worth defending and you would have sold for $500?

19. AbdulBasit.com

Thank you dear. Much appreciated :xf.smile::xf.smile:(y)

20. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The domain in question was worth at least $1500 initial UDRP fee, plus lawyers fees, for at least one potential enduser. Moreover, the Complainant had to pay extra $500 after 3-members panel was selected by the Respondent. Which by itself means that this particular domain is worth at least 4 figures. As for exact domain appraisal, the most authoritative source (the registrant @AbdulBasit.com ) is right here - he has access to all stats (visitors, parking earnings) as well as the quality and quantity of incoming offers. One would reasonably guess that @AbdulBasit.com priced the domain accordingly then...
    The last but not the least, a domainer should always respond (and, hopefully, win) to all UDRPs - as the lost (or "default") UDRP cases may have negative effect in future, with other complaints.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  21. topdom

topdom Established Member

Estibot value : about 500. I have, handregged 5 figure estibot domains, and I doubdt I will get any 4 figure offers for them, or any offer at all. I may have exact business name of hundreds of companies, in .com, and none receive any offer (or complaint, complaint is better than offer). Maybe it is all Sedo's fault. Despite recent slight improvements they insist on keeping their major mistakes. None of the companies I contact respond to any email. Maybe this is also Yahoo's fault. I sent a tricky email to a big company with Yandex , and it received a reply, and they also replied my reply. This is something impossible with Yahoo. Western system sucks. spies everywhere, blocking communication. All the trrrists are manufactured in western labs, although most of the participants may be from the east. I mean, some powers are doing nasty things outside our knowledge. But domain people are all responsive. This is maybe, because the system knows I can doublecheck things at NP.

Maybe not because I used Yandex, but because I pretended to be a Chinese person, I may have received a response.

At Yahoo quite often "received" emails arrive after "finished" emails. I bet time gaps are longer at other times, depending on the situation, and sometimes infinite. I tested it in the past. Or even if my side works normally because they know I'm careful, the other end is naive and can be manipulated more easily.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  22. AbdulBasit.com

Totally agree with you (y)

23. AbdulBasit.com

If you keep considering Estibot value for buying, appraising, setting pricing and selling domains, you would go nowhere. Estibot is simply nonsense and misguidance. Also if you believe AguaDulce.com is worth $500 or anywhere close to that, you clearly have no understanding the value of quality domains. That doesn't mean I got offended if someone valued my domain in that range. I totally take it normal. I've sold domains for 5 figures which Estibot has appraised less than $100. Also I've sold domains for 5 figures to endusers where many other inquirers for those domains have offered $50 and $100. So that doesn't mean the domain has no to little value. One has to understand first what the quality domain is and believe in yourself and your domain.

Good luck!

24. Giroud

Giroud Established Member

Don't rely on automated appraisal tools, they are mostly inaccurate.
    Anyway GoValue of the domain is $9,158!

25. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah, any and all automated appraisal tools may be used (imho) only for the following 2 things:
    - retreieve sales data for similar (sold) domains, to be used in negotiations
    - send potential buyer to these appraisal websites in cases where they overprice the domain
    As for GoDaddy, it is no better.... For example I've seen domains with "this domain was also sold before" quality sign, and they "appraised" it with 40% of previously sold price... or 200% in another case...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice