IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the current GoDaddy PR disaster that's happening regarding @create.com and how his domains were intentionally locked down without a court order, I think it's time that we look at a "mile high" perspective of why GoDaddy's overall customer service has been in a spiral over the last year or two. Whether it's an increasingly atrocious UI, terrible communication or GoDaddy cancelling domains and websites without a clear reason as to why, many folks agree that GoDaddy's service is in decline. One of the biggest reasons, imo, is that GoDaddy is increasingly positioning itself as more of a philanthropic ideological based organization, rather than a domain registrar and web hosting provider.

Case in point - Below is nearly every single Facebook post on the official Godaddy account for the past few months:

----
March 8 - This #InternationalWomensDay, we’re celebrating all the women out there who #MakeNoApologies for stepping into their ambition. You inspire us. #IWD

March 5 - #MakeNoApologies for your ambition, or you’ll owe one to the women who come next. #WomensHistoryMonth #WomensHistory

March 4 - If you’re a woman or minority business owner, give your operation a boost during COVID-19 with these useful resources and funding options. #WomensHistoryMonth

March 1 - Brittni “Bee” Brown of The Bee Agency is helping flip the script on the Detroit business community. Check out this Icons of Detroit episode with Nneka Julia to see how she’s initiating change.

Feb 28 - Check out our chat with Mo's Bows Memphis owner Moziah Bridges as he speaks candidly about the meaning behind his Black History Month bow tie design. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 27 - In our chat with Moziah Bridges about the future of Mo's Bows Memphis, he offered up some advice to aspiring entrepreneurs. Watch now. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 26 - Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows Memphis chatted with us about the state of Black History Month in 2021, commemorating this month and which Black-owned business he admires. See it now. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 25- Of all the challenges small business owners will face this year, maybe the most important will be planning for financial stability once COVID-19 has passed. Here’s how.

Feb 24 - Check out this episode of School of Hustle with BIONIC YARN founder, Tyson Toussant. Hear how one minute he’s learning to transform plastic into fabric, and the next he’s partnering with Pharrell to sell it to top brands.

Feb 24 - When designing his Black History Month bow tie, Mo of Mo's Bows Memphis went with an inspired color palette that represents him, his life and his business. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 23 - When designing his bow tie for Black History Month, Mo of Mo's Bows Memphis was intent on incorporating a powerful African symbol. After much consideration, he chose the Sankofa bird. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 23 - For nearly 10 years, Mo has poured his spirit and creativity into Mo's Bows Memphis. To him, this bow tie represents not only Black History, but also his Black Future. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 22 - Lorri “Lady L” Thomas was a mom with three jobs and a fine art degree before realizing a tattoo artist’s life was the life for her. Join host Nneka Julia on Icons of Detroit and find out how this talented artist finally found her calling.

Feb 17 - To commemorate Black History Month, we’ve commissioned a limited-edition bow tie designed by Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows Memphis. Available Feb. 20 at mosbowsmemphis.com. All proceeds will be donated to the Tapestry Project. #blackhistorymonth

Feb 15 - After experiencing the benefits of yoga firsthand, Kerrie Trahan started Yoganic Flow to make mindfulness accessible in the inner city of Detroit.

Feb 8 - Growing up not knowing how to style her own hair, Yelitsa Jean-Charles, CEO and founder of Healthy Roots Dolls, set out to create dolls to teach young Black girls just that. Hear the whole story on Icons of Detroit.

Feb 1 - They’re tough, they’re proud and they will not be denied. Meet Detroit’s small business owners. Together, they carry the city on their backs. In Icons of Detroit, Nneka Julia sets out to meet the heart and soul of this amazing city.

Jan 1 - Corn is the most important building block of the American food system. That means if we make corn better, we fundamentally improve the American diet.” For Evan Rocheford of Professor Torbert's Orange Corn, the future looks bright orange. #makeadifferentfuture

Jan 1 - As the CEO and cofounder of NutraMaize, Evan Rocheford wanted to bring nutrient-rich food to the masses. And he did just that with their flagship product, Professor Torbert's Orange Corn grits.

Dec 31 - I created She Moves Mountains to provide opportunities for women to learn from women.” For Lizzy VanPatten, #makeadifferentfuture means teaching women that they have the strength to scale any mountain physical or otherwise.

----

Right....and yet @Paul Nicks felt that patronizing shareholders and customers and calling them "conspiratorial" for merely being concerned that GoDaddy's corporate Ideology just might be influencing various internal decisions, was the right response?

Perhaps if GoDaddy spent their energy actually helping their customers, rather than virtue signaling to them, half of their current issues would be resolved. Or perhaps Aman Bhutani is simply in the wrong business and he should just set up shop as a full blown non profit organization for social causes. Where are the posts that strictly speak about GoDaddy's products and services?

I knew it was bad, but I actually didn't know it was THIS bad until I checked out their FB page. This is truly unbelievable. Enough is enough. My domains are OUT of there.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right, so now we have:
  • Virtue signalling
  • Woke
  • Cancel culture
Any more right wing tropes we can expect or are we finally done? I’d like to get back to domain names.

•••
Right, so now we have:
  • Virtue signalling
  • Woke
  • Cancel culture
Any more right wing tropes we can expect or are we finally done? I’d like to get back to domain names.

• Who the hell said anything about right wing?
  • Who's the one who's labeling and stereotyping again?
  • No one is forcing you to reply.
  • No wonder you're so offended. Perhaps don't look at everything in right vs left?

Last edited:
•••
@The Rover nobody is denying things have gone badly awry at GD. I have already bailed out completely and am part way bailing out of the remainder of GD's tentacled, associated, businesses. We understand the issues very well, thank you.

What we are not in agreement with is your half baked reasoning about how it has come to this. If you think about it, which from what you've said so far makes an unlikely supposition of an ability to think on your part, inappropriate behaviour by a complete board is a serious matter.

I would respectfully suggest the antics of a PR department which you may well dislike vehemently but which in fact are of little if any consequence, are hardly worth the storm in a teacup you are attempting to generate.

•••
@The Rover

What we are not in agreement with is your half baked reasoning about how it has come to this. If you think about it, which from what you've said so far makes an unlikely supposition of an ability to think on your part, inappropriate behaviour by a complete board is a serious matter.

Inability to think on my part? You know, you seem like someone who's been around a while and has some life experience. You also seem pretty intelligent. So tell me something, Mike. Do ad hominem attacks devoid of specific substance, work for you often? Because you literally didn't say much above, other than you don't agree with me, you claim my stance is one that is "half baked" on the basis that I'm incapable of thinking. That's actually totally fine. What actually bothers me, is that you've convinced yourself that corporate boards somehow are never capable of wrongdoing, nor or they ever affected by deep-seeded ideology. Really?

Listen, I'm sincerely willing to hear your perspective, but at least give me something to work with here. How can we have an honest discussion if you're refusing to even accept reality? The overwhelming volume of virtue signaling and ideology stemming from GoDaddy (and other companies) is hardly benign or without consequences, nor should it ever be accepted as merely a "bi-product" of standard corporatism. I'm also hardly the only one who's aware of the decline with GoDaddy support. However, how are you seriously suggesting that companies do not have an investment in training specific ideologies to their employees? Are you really under the illusion that corporate policy and ideology never intersect? Surely you're not serious. Because if so, then that's precisely the reality that I'm speaking about, which you're strangely clinging to.

Last edited:
•••
you've convinced yourself that corporate boards somehow are never capable of wrongdoing

Either you haven't read what I've written on this thread or anywhere else or you haven't understood it. I don't believe there is any ambiguity about what I've said. I've made my views on conglomorates, boardrooms, monopolistic and oligopolistic behaviours very clear over a very long period.

I am a strong and vociferous advocate of small businesses and of communities. Humanity.

•••
@Mike Goodman It's clear that you're wanting more of a circular argument without any specific substance. I'm afraid I can't offer you that. However, what I will do, is respond to your core statements below, and elaborate on why I feel that you're likely very wrong in your positions.

What we are not in agreement with is your half baked reasoning about how it has come to this. If you think about it, which from what you've said so far makes an unlikely supposition of an ability to think on your part

You and others here, have offered zero evidence that suggests that my reasoning is "half baked" or is "unlikely". On the flip side, if you're wanting evidence suggesting that GoDaddy's customer service is in decline due to a possible imbalance with their priorities, feel free to start on social media and read various customer responses (at least the ones they haven't deleted yet). If GoDaddy was truly serious about improving their customer service over virtue and ideology, then why is it that GoDaddy's social posts consist of 99.8% virtue signals and little to no bipartisan posts about their actual products and services? Have you even bothered to check their "help" account on Twitter? I'll save you the trouble. The last time they bothered tweeting from their help account was months ago. Yet they spare no time to virtue signal into the ether, multiple times a day on their main account. Thank goodness for GoDaddy telling me that I should support women in business. Why, I don't think I would have, if I wasn't reminded. Thanks GoDaddy!

Need more instances that may suggest partisan thought or particular ideologies govern policy decisions? Alrighty then, try and find a specific, valid reason why they've canceled multiple websites in recent time, including AR15.com. Keep in mind that "promoting violence" isn't a specific reason; it's an intentional ambiguous statement that is widely open to interpretation. So again, try and locate the specifics as to why they refuse to host that particular domain. How about asking @create.com whether he's 100% confident that absolutely no partisan bias was ever involved in the original decision to lock his domains down?

Inappropriate behaviour by a complete board is a serious matter

We're in agreement there. Inappropriate behavior by a complete board is in fact a serious matter. Which is why I started this thread, despite you oddly stating that its "hardly worth the storm in a teacup". That's a pretty weird contradiction if you think it's a serious matter.

I'd also add that when you're dealing with a company as large as GoDaddy, a "complete board" doesn't decide each an every time a particular website is canceled due to a possible conflict in ideology. A complete board doesn't have the finger at the switch to lock down domains. These particular tasks are delegated to individuals (or a very small group of individuals) who are expected to use their better judgment when these instances arise. And where does that "better judgement" stem from? Obvious Answer: corporate training. But you already know that.

Corporate PR and the mile high overview of a corporate ideology sets the tone and ethos for an entire organization. From seminars, to meetings to code of conduct, when a company's CEO has made it a core mission to "integrate" his personal ideological views with the company that he happens to be leading, I sincerely don't see why you're continuing to deny that inappropriate behavior (or behavior that is guided by partisan viewpoints) is somehow an "unlikely supposition". Again, for whatever strange reason, you're refusing to base your stance on reality.

Either you haven't read what I've written on this thread or anywhere else or you haven't understood it. I don't believe there is any ambiguity about what I've said. I've made my views on conglomorates, boardrooms, monopolistic and oligopolistic behaviours very clear over a very long period.

Mike, your responses are filled with nothing but ambiguity and corporate platitudes, because again, you haven't actually offered any specific evidence to suggest that GoDaddy's ideology is somehow not related to their decline in customer service. On the other hand, I've already given you specific points that do suggest that there very well could be issues stemming from GoDaddy's obsession with virtue.

I am a strong and vociferous advocate of small businesses and of communities. Humanity

Is there any wonder why you refuse to accept the possibility that prioritizing social justice over customer support, could actually lead to poor service? Look at your response above. It's nothing more than moral grandstanding. Was it truly necessary to let everyone know that you're for "humanity" and an advocate for small business? I mean, I'd hope that most sane people are for those things. We're discussing the ideology of GoDaddy (not your own) and how their service has likely suffered as a result and/or how they've likely used such bias in their departmental decisions.

The bottom line, is that your attempts to belittle my position by insinuating that I can't possibly represent the thinking of a significant % of GoDaddy customers, isn't actually based on any evidence. The fact of the matter is, in today's extreme divisive climate, most people choose to not speak up against these types of issues for obvious reasons. For most people, as long as they're getting paid or still able to sell domains, they feel it's not probably worth the stretch. However, that doesn't imply that there's not a problem. When people do choose to speak their mind that goes against corporate norms, they're usually attacked by folks who attempt to suggest that they're simply not intelligent enough to grasp the subject and/or that they're possibly even terrible people. Some idiot above didn't hesitate to stoop to calling me "right wing", when in reality, that' is utterly laughable. These are the typical deflection antics that you'd expect from folks who are with infatuated virtue and/or simply not wanting to stir the pot for varying reasons.

Last edited:
•••
I made some comments about my business relationship with Godaddy - I use as few of their services as possible because of the decreasing quality of service and increasing prices.If you don't like Godaddy, there are other service providers, some with overt political and religious alignments.

For the rest of it, I think this thread belongs more in the USA political thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-usa-political-thread.764342/ and perhaps the mods could move it there.

Unsubscribing.

Last edited:
•••
An OP filled with assumption and nonsense, no evidence posted whatsoever. Followed by misreading and misquoting, mostly of what I've written but of others too. Sounds like MAGA BS from the other side of the pond to me. @carob has nailed it. This thread belongs in the USA political thread and good riddance.

Unsubscribing.

•••
I made some comments about my business relationship with Godaddy - I use as few of their services as possible because of the decreasing quality of service and increasing prices.If you don't like Godaddy, there are other service providers, some with overt political and religious alignments.

For the rest of it, I think this thread belongs more in the USA political thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-usa-political-thread.764342/ and perhaps the mods could move it there.

Unsubscribing.

Yeah, same here. From everything I've read, while GODaddy's support has been in decline for years, it really started to tank when the new CEO came aboard.

Last edited:
•••
An OP filled with assumption and nonsense, no evidence posted whatsoever. Followed by misreading and misquoting, mostly of what I've written but of others too. Sounds like MAGA BS from the other side of the pond to me. @carob has nailed it. This thread belongs in the USA political thread and good riddance.

Unsubscribing.

MAGA? LOL. Baseless, personal attacks? That's your response? Wow, thank you for proving my point. I never even voted for that man. It's good to see that your true nature is finally revealed. Folks can read everything I typed, and then read your ad hominem attacks. They'll get the picture. It's truly a shame that you're unable to view everything outside of a simple duality. I thought you were better than that, Mike.

Last edited:
•••
As for the forum category, this thread was actually already moved once before by the Mods. So, whatever category it's currently in, is due to the mods, and I have nothing to do with that. Feel free to request that it's moved yet again.

I've held my position the entire time, as other others decided to increasingly make this thread more about "left vs right" rather than discussing the idea that's it's better to simply keep ideology out of business, altogether.

Last edited:
•••
What's interesting is that this thread is a perfect example of implicit bias. Many people love to sling that neologistic phrase around these days, but the comments above are very telling. The issue is that people don't normally come out of the gate revealing it, but eventually their bias leaks out. My only position was that GoDaddy should keep divisive ideology out of business, and that making it a priority is likely distracting from their core business operations on a measurable level. GoDaddy's (like many companies) constant calls to virtue, imo, are out of control.

This thread is a textbook example of how emotion and ideology drives people's response and action, which was precisely the core of my concerns regarding GoDaddy. People don't actually choose to listen or think. They're simply steadfast in their ideology and run bindly, only with that, attacking and accusing others who may share a different perspective. It literally only took a few posts for @Mike Goodman and someone else to accuse me of being a lunatic right wing person or a Trump supporter, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

@carob also passively insinuated that if I'm looking for a company that's religious in nature, that they're available. Sure, but apparently they also missed my main point how leaving ideology out of business, is better than being divisive to half of your customer base.

I'm afraid that if there are any folks working within GoDaddy who behave anything like a few of the folks here have behaved, that my suspicions are indeed correct. At the very least, this thread certainly wasn't a great example supporting the argument that divisive. ideological perspectives are somehow "not" influencing key decisions within large corporations. When some folks vehemently disagree and falsely think you're a terrible person, they simply unsubscribe. Now replace the word "unsubscribe" with "cancel", and there's your answer.

Very sad times we're in and the irony seen on this thread is staggering!

Last edited:
•••
I've got some approval code(s) from GoDaddy after requestion a transfer. Nowhere in the email does it tell my how to use that code to release the domain(s). How do I use this code?

Last edited:
•••
OK. I figured it out. Nothing has changed with the transfer process since the last time I transferred out :)

•••

Last edited:
•••
Question is how much Godaddy incorporates Politics into their business these days...

i thimk more Americans & abroad’re waking up

Last edited:
•••
I've got some approval code(s) from GoDaddy after requestion a transfer. Nowhere in the email does it tell my how to use that code to release the domain(s). How do I use this code?

Wait. wut? lol

•••
Question is how much Godaddy incorporates Politics into their business these days...

i thimk more Americans & abroad’re waking up

Contrary to what someone alluded to earlier in this thread, like any big company, GoDaddy's ideology is incorporated in nearly every aspect of their business on some level or another. GoDaddy's ceo has openly stated that his vision is to incorporate "woke" culture into the company's practices. Sadly, woke culture = cancel culture, and corporate cancel culture as a whole, is a MASSIVE problem. Employees are no longer allowed to have an independent, contrarian beliefs without the risk of suffering the consequences in some form or another. Which is why we need to do everything we can to call out this problem whenever we can. For example, if an employee showed up at work and wore a shirt that said "Black Lives Matter" they'd be applauded. However, if someone showed up to work with an "All Lives Matter" shirt, I'm guessing they're likely going to have a very bad day.

Last edited:
•••
Wait. wut? lol

It's a long time since I transferred a domain out of GoDaddy. The mail notice took longer to arrive, and it looked somewhat different, without any clear instruction of what to do next. But after instinctively going back to GoDaddy's website and transfers, I found out the process hadn't changed and I was able to approve the the transfer. Hence me saying I'd figured it out in my last post :)

•••
Back