Dynadot

information I got scammed for $314 @ SafetysMask.com (Should have checked the Whois!)

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Ok guys. Don't laugh at me too much but I got scammed out of $314 bucks panic buying N95 masks for me, my family, my girl and her family.

So I "thought" I was buying a 50 pack of N95 masks for $289 check the current prices online and you will see this price is not too far fetched. at 50 masks for a price of $289 that comes out to $5.78 each. We all make crazy decisions in times like this and to me this was a reasonable purchase. yea I know it's price gouging but given the circumstances that you can't find these masks anywhere now. $5.78 a piece was acceptable. I don't like it but when compared to all my other frivolous purchases in the past around the same cost. It just made sense.

If you can buy a custom blue suit for $400 bucks then surely you can spend $289 for something that will help keep your family safe.

Anyways. I bought these from this website below. It "looked" legit. yea yea I know stupid right?

SafetysMask.com

As a domainer I really should have known better given the tools we have at our disposable like whois.com.

SafetysMask.com regged 2020-02-23:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
@GoDaddy
@Joe Styler

That should have been red flag numero uno.

I mention this because this is a domainer website and we need to talk about domains. Even if at least a little bit.

And then there is the price $289 for a 50 pack when websites like Ebay is charging $150 for a 10 pack.

and then there is the contact info below from their website.

We are committed to providing the best products and friendliest customer service. If you should have any questions about ordering or a question about any of our great products, please feel free to contact us with the information provided below. And yes. I'm an idiot. Did not check this prior to purchase. OutLook? Really?

Email: [email protected]

Please Call at: (540)450-4525

Adress: 118 Obriens Circle, Winchester, Virginia, 22602, USA

I guess I was in panic mode after looking for how much these things were selling on Amazon and Ebay. That's if they were even available. Most options they were out of stock and restock will be in the closest time in June!

I don't know about you guys but me? I'm not even doing "domaining" right now but just buying supplies as cheap as possible.

Anyways. Placed my order.

Then I got an email from them. And guess what was missing in the confirmed payment email?

TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!

Red Flag number 2 or 3.

Part of me stupidly thought to give them a chance.

I ordered 2 day shipping for this for $25 because I really was panicking.

so that's a total of $314 now.

The order never arrived after 2 days or 3 days.

I FINALLY check their contact page and called their number. (540)450-4525

Take a guess?

Mailbox is Full.

Also after I tried to access their website it took a hell of a long time to load. I was scared it would not pop up and had been deleted but ok it did show. felt some relief but too soon to have a party.

I emailed them. No reply.

On the random I Googled their contact page and get these results below. RED FLAG #4.

https://www.google.com/search?q=safetysmask.com/contact-us/&oq=&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

top of the results.

Search Results
Web results

Contact Us – Safetysmask.com
safetysmask.com › pages › contact-us

For any question, please contact our customer service. Email: [email protected] Tel: 1 (435) 830-7278Address: 668 Stansbury Ave, Tooele, Utah, 84074, ...
You visited this page on 3/11/20.

seems as though they had a website before.

see the website luckybest.site ? doesn't exist anymore.

luckybest.site regged 2019-12-10
State:Tennessee

These people are trying to make themselves look like they are located in the USA.

See the number 1 (435) 830-7278 ????

Called that. someone did pick up. With all due respect sounded like some skinny white boy in the middle of Utah.

He told me he has received over 600 calls already from people about their orders not showing up.

And then he said I've been scammed.

Part of me suspects this guy is the scammer but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he seemed surprised I had his number.

He said "the scammers" put his phone number up on that website.

Anyways. Filed a dispute. First with my Sparks Business Card. Had the credit card cancelled and issued a new one but I forgot I had used the card at Paypal.

Sparks said they would handle it no questions asked and funds would be returned as it seems obvious it was a scam. God I love my Sparks Business account!

That was on the 3rd day when my order did not arrive after my purchase date.

Finally got around to filing a dispute with Paypal. something I should have done already but didn't.

Filed it yesterday.

Paypal contacted the seller. FMONLINESHOP about the dispute and guess what?

That's when they FINALLY SENT IT OUT.

so what now? I already purchased replacements for these masks. the ones I found were much cheaper.

Sparks already going to refund me but now this seller is still sending? 5 days later?

I am NOT PAYING FOR THIS.

i filed a dispute already. This probably pissed off seller. So now I'm fearful they will purposefully send me a package full of Coronavirus infected masks. Yea that's what I'm thinking.

I'm thinking they sent me the products after I filed a dispute with Paypal because they want to keep their Paypal account ALIVE so they can keep scamming people.

here's the best part!

Their website says they are a USA Based business (Virginia USA). I expected my order to come from USA. meaning I assumed this company had a stockpile of this 3M N95 masks made in the USA prior to this pandemic. No offense to Chinese but I don't want to buy anything being shipped from China right now. I know it's ignorant but it's personal preference. I have a 78 year old mother that relies on my. I can't get sick or get her sick because I got a package from China.

There is ignorance and then there is an "abundance of caution".

When this item arrives I am going to grab it from the mailbox with trash bags. tie it up and throw it in the incinerator or actually send it to the authorities.

I know I'm acting all crazy right now but you know what? we live in a crazy world.

So becareful what you buy friends. especially if it's a product designed to make money from this crisis.

Scammers will take advantage of this situation to scam people.

Thank God I used Paypal and Sparks!

So I did no lose really my money. if this were someone using just paypal or just their debit card? I don't know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The "Safetys" should have been the first sign, always look for typos and incorrect words/tenses.

Why would you want 50 masks?? This panic buying is getting ridiculous now, the media is causing this frenzy.

Go to your local hardware and buy a couple of masks the carpenters use if you really want one.

•••
you do know these masks dont even work unless health care field wit highest risk factor?

For normal people these so-called N-95 masks named for stopping 95% particles wont stop it.

Your purchase was out of fear. Why 50?
if you want to re-sell, i’d have more respect than buying it for yourself. These dont work!

Last edited:
•••
The "Safetys" should have been the first sign, always look for typos and incorrect words/tenses.

Why would you want 50 masks?? This panic buying is getting ridiculous now, the media is causing this frenzy.

Go to your local hardware and buy a couple of masks the carpenters use if you really want one.

easier said than done Giles. I WISH! I could do that! I've checked. Every hardware store forget home depot or Lowes. "someone" bought them all out and now they are being sold per mask on Ebay for $13 per mask.

and yes I agree it's ridiculous now but we can sit here an argue how ridiculous it is or we can just bite the bullet and just buy it. hopefully at still a manageable price.

not to wish bad stuff on anyone but can you look at your mother father wife husband girlfriend boyfriend children in the eye that God forbid get this virus and tell them confidently that you felt it wasn't necessary to buy these masks at $5.78 per mask for them or even $10 per mask for them while they lay in their beds close to death?

I know it's panic. but I don't trust what the Gov is saying. I distrust Gov.
Whatever they say I always say times that by 100X and that's the real story.

When they say "don't panic" THAT'S when you panic.
when everyone is FOLLOWING that's when you unfollow.

Sheep get lead to slaughter because they follow the FIRST dumb sheep in front.

just sayin.... I rather be safe than sorry.

Anyways. Forgot to mention. I bit the bullet on this expensive purchase to tie me over till my washable n99 masks arrive. already got those ordered but they aren't getting here till after April.

The ones I got 3M are designed to be effective for 30 days of use for each. so yea.

•••
you do know these masks dont even work unless health care field wit highest risk factor?

For normal people these so-called N-95 masks named for stopping 95% particles wont stop it.

Your purchase was out of fear. Why 50?
if you want to re-sell, i’d have more respect than buying it for yourself. These dont work!

I understand but been reading a lot these days. and yes I heard that too. Again part of me feels that the gov's want us to "relax" and just Breathe in our DEATHS with no masks at all.

It's a known fact that Governments are already fearful of overpopulation. You don't think these Gov's are looking at all of use out here and saying. "hmmm we really need less of these people out here. They are eating resources that supposed to be for us elites!"

•••
I understand but been reading a lot these days. and yes I heard that too. Again part of me feels that the gov's want us to "relax" and just Breathe in our DEATHS with no masks at all.

It's a known fact that Governments are already fearful of overpopulation. You don't think these Gov's are looking at all of use out here and saying. "hmmm we really need less of these people out here. They are eating resources that supposed to be for us elites!"

i find it strange too man.
maybe they’re trying to scare us into leaving greater supply for medics, but glad u read that

•••

yea honestly? clicked the link via Google. I think I only saw "safety" totally missed the "S".

•••
yea honestly? clicked the link via Google. I think I only saw "safety" totally missed the "S".

Now you’re just being too hard yourself.

I heard the https are overrated mean nothing.

•••
i find it strange too man.
maybe they’re trying to scare us into leaving greater supply for medics, but glad u read that
I understand your point. There should be N95 masks for medical workers.

But are hospitals even buying on Ebay? if so then all these sellers would have sold out already especially when they say that USA needs like at least 1 million.

If anything the Governments should go to these websites and stop these people from selling.

If I buy then that's the governments fault for allowing such ecommerce to flourish. in a perfect Koombaya world I would not have been able to buy these stupid things.

I mean heck .would have saved me $300!

•••
Now you’re just being too hard yourself.

I heard the https are overrated mean nothing.

when you see on Ebay at auction N95 masks where the sell has 10 and then seconds later 0. i think that's where the panic buying starts.

my cousin went to the supermarket yesterday after Trump made his speech.

She said she went to the market to just buy some things maybe bleach that's it. But soon as she got there.

She felt the "need" to buy toilet paper just because she saw people walking out with like 3 packs of 24 toilet papers.

when she got to the toilet section. She said she felt shocked, sad, and angry and ashamed.

shocked because she couldn't believe the shelves were empty.
sad because they were empty. She thought how bad a mom she was for not thinking about it earlier to get to the market.
Angry that everyone is walking out with 3 packs of 24.
Ashamed that again she was a bad mom not getting toilet paper for her kids.

This is how panic buying gets triggered.

It just doesn't "happen" to rational people it's a slow exponential process the culminates in a ridiculous action that you really can't blame people for.

•••
Sheep get lead to slaughter because they follow the FIRST dumb sheep in front.

Remember this line you quoted. Just relax, wash your hands with sanitizer and just be a little bit more aware of where the germs could come from and you will be fine. Don't put your fingers in your mouth after touching surfaces in public.👍

Last edited:
•••
Remember this line you quoted. Just relax, wash your hands with sanitizer and just be a little bit more aware of where the germs could come from and you will be fine. Don't put your fingers in your mouth after touching surfaces in public.👍

lol did I say that? well just like the info on this virus? Things change. like the running number of infected people. one minute it's 1 then 100.

Let me tell you something Giles. I bought these masks because of panic. and I hate to admit this.

I'm GUY GUY. I use to work construction. I'd have dust and paint in my hands, maybe even fiberglass and paint thinner in my hands.

but when it's lunch time? when you are tired and hungry? what do most construction guys do? do they wash their hands? rub hand sanitizer? You know they don't they just use their dirty hands and eat that sandwich. no wrapper. All up in there. Sandwich with fiberglass and dirt and paint.

This is who I am. I'm just your typical get your hands dirty kind guy. The guy that cleans toilets for living and then gets his hands on a meatball sandwich and eats.

Guys? We've stood close to our buddies or our kids or whoever and had them talk and have their saliva land on our faces and we don't even blink an eye or make a big deal. lol

This is who we are.

Guys whether you admit it or not are the dirtiest genders out there! Women are much cleaner.

So if anything sure. most people will never probably get this virus but for us dirty people out there? It's one less thing to worry about to put on a mask and not worry when some idiot coughs or sneezes on the train or bus about 6 feet away from you.

yea I said that.

"Just relax, wash your hands with sanitizer and just be a little bit more aware of where the germs could come from and you will be fine."

it just goes to show that even the "convinced" will need to "change" their way of thinking.

I "swallowed" the Koolaid but then realized never trust media or government.

This is the same Government that said the below was OKAY!

1. Nuclear Power Plants.
2. Asbestos
3. Thalidamide.
4. I mean heck even Johnson and Johnson baby powder was cleared by the Gov.

•••
Last edited:
•••
totally understand your point and feelings.
when in Jan we were having chinese new year holiday in Australia,we heard the virus speading in our homeland,China.
so we bought out all masks we can find in all phar stores near by.
The masks does not necesssarily prove to stop any virus,but it can at least give some people a feeling of safety,and protection.
also when you go out with masks,at least it is a respect for others.
as noone is sure if he or she is with virus or not.

At last,i am sorry to tell you that most masks are made in China.
before we have bought out all masks worldwide.
now we are supplying masks to worldwide.
also our government has a policy,our people has a moral standards, that is in this hard times,making profits,espcially higher than normal days from these products are seen illegal and immoral,not right.

•••
Times article reports that hundreds (if thousands?) people bought up hand sanitizers and masks across states hoping to make huge profits... then eBay and Amazon cracked down on them. Now these people had huge stock and can't sell them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html

There was no shortage on anything.

yea I heard that too. I just read an article I forget where now. Some guy and his brother went to all the stores in his state when they heard about first USA death from Coronavirus and bought sanitizers like 17,000 or some crazy stuff but now they can't sell them. but at their highest point they were selling them online for $8-$80 a piece

•••
All this panic buying is getting crazy. I went to do my regular weekly grocery shopping this morning at 5am. I like getting early Saturday mornings because it works well for me and it's nice a quiet. Not this morning it was crazy busy.

•••
totally understand your point and feelings.
when in Jan we were having chinese new year holiday in Australia,we heard the virus speading in our homeland,China.
so we bought out all masks we can find in all phar stores near by.
The masks does not necesssarily prove to stop any virus,but it can at least give some people a feeling of safety,and protection.
also when you go out with masks,at least it is a respect for others.
as noone is sure if he or she is with virus or not.

At last,i am sorry to tell you that most masks are made in China.
before we have bought out all masks worldwide.
now we are supplying masks to worldwide.
also our government has a policy,our people has a moral standards, that is in this hard times,making profits,espcially higher than normal days from these products are seen illegal and immoral,not right.

no disrespect to Chinese people. most of my friends are Chinese. I use to work on Canal Street in NYC. keeping watch while friends sold firecrackers and whatever. I know the hustle.

But logically. there will always be bad seeds in every culture or country.

no matter what the percentage is. if you use that to apply it to 2 billion Chinese or 1.5 billion.

just by numbers a lot. there will always be more in China. China = More.

if you wanna talk Rich people. by numbers there will be more Rich Chinese.
if you wanna talk about dirty people. they will always be more Dirty people in China.
if you wanna talk fat people. well ......not too many fat Chinese. lol
and last by not least if you wanna talk about people who will scam people for money just like there are those in America because Chinese has bigger population. There will naturally be more people like this in China.

Drugs are banned in China. Under penalty of death yet drug trade flourishes in China.

As far as people are concerned. I have a rule. I trust people in general. It's the devil inside I can't trust 100%.

I understand China is the factory of the world. but to a regular person like myself we take comfort in knowing or "hoping" that if we bought online from someone living in Virginia that "maybe" it was "Made in the USA".

but you are right it was probably made in China.

The assumption I had was. If this item was coming out of Virginia from a Virginia store that maybe this was already HERE in USA prior to this outbreak happening in China.

Understand?

•••
All this panic buying is getting crazy. I went to do my regular weekly grocery shopping this morning at 5am. I like getting early Saturday mornings because it works well for me and it's nice a quiet. Not this morning it was crazy busy.

yea man let me tell you something. My girl told me her brother's friend in California came home from the military and told him that the President was going to make some kind of announcement today about National Emergency but what they didn't say was they plan on a national quarantine state by state border crossings.

and the Gov has the right to commandeer private property, and give doctors the rights to use their license in different states.

•••
Get a Paypal account for this kind of stuff.

•••
no disrespect to Chinese people. most of my friends are Chinese. I use to work on Canal Street in NYC. keeping watch while friends sold firecrackers and whatever. I know the hustle.

But logically. there will always be bad seeds in every culture or country.

no matter what the percentage is. if you use that to apply it to 2 billion Chinese or 1.5 billion.

just by numbers a lot. there will always be more in China. China = More.

if you wanna talk Rich people. by numbers there will be more Rich Chinese.
if you wanna talk about dirty people. they will always be more Dirty people in China.
if you wanna talk fat people. well ......not too many fat Chinese. lol
and last by not least if you wanna talk about people who will scam people for money just like there are those in America because Chinese has bigger population. There will naturally be more people like this in China.

Drugs are banned in China. Under penalty of death yet drug trade flourishes in China.

As far as people are concerned. I have a rule. I trust people in general. It's the devil inside I can't trust 100%.

I understand China is the factory of the world. but to a regular person like myself we take comfort in knowing or "hoping" that if we bought online from someone living in Virginia that "maybe" it was "Made in the USA".

but you are right it was probably made in China.

The assumption I had was. If this item was coming out of Virginia from a Virginia store that maybe this was already HERE in USA prior to this outbreak happening in China.

Understand?
i agree with you.
every country has most good kind people and a few bad.
i just point out for some people bad attitude towards all chinese people and products with no reasons.
i guess you can not deny it
the media must be responsible for the wrong impressions for chines prople and products,espcially for those who never go out of their hometomw at all.

•••
I want to add. Lately something as simple as washing my hands has been a ridiculously difficult challenge much less touching my face.

Lately I've been paying attention to what I do and HOW I do it like never before.

went out just now to drive out and get Chinese food. That's right! Chinese Food! lol

had my stupid surgical mask on. Everyone looking at me. People giving me a "wide birth" on the sidewalk. ignorant people looking at me wanting to kill me. I'm assuming the think I got "the package".

People asking me "are you ok?" They are scared I got something since I'm wearing a mask.

My answer? either "I'm diabetic so can't risk anything" The usually shuts them up. or I say " I got a 78 year old mom that needs me to stay healthy and I can't get her sick too." works well and it's true.

sad part is how I need to "explain" myself.

anyways. Trip to Chinese food.

walk in . Kick the door like a Cowboy.

pay for my food.cash is dirty. hand sanitizer.
pick up food. but door opens in. I grab a menu use it to open door. walk to car. stay clear of anyone. get to car open door ( sanitize handle earlier).

then go to dunkin donuts. used hand to open door. pay cash. Sanitizer.

ask for tray and sugar "from the back" because sugar out in the open where anyone can get it is risky.

Starbucks now keeps all their condiments behind the counter because of Covid19.

Dunkin Donuts? nope.

People lookin at me like I'm crazy.

Till one guy comes in with FULL ON GAS MASK complete with face shield. lol!!!!!

We both give each other a thumbs up and an OK sign. lol

is it any wonder I wanted to buy a face mask even at that price?

•••
•••
yea I heard that too. I just read an article I forget where now. Some guy and his brother went to all the stores in his state when they heard about first USA death from Coronavirus and bought sanitizers like 17,000 or some crazy stuff but now they can't sell them. but at their highest point they were selling them online for $8-$80 a piece
all products we buy are to send free to our relatives and friends.
and all people we know who buy such items abroad all did the same.
it will be very shame for any chinese to take a charge for such products for their relatives and friends,neighbors,even Colleagues

•••
Get a Paypal account for this kind of stuff.

I DID! I have a business account and paid with Paypal. and of course take a guess what paypal says? they can't refund me because they are a payment provider.

FYI. Got an email today from seller that this order was finally SENT out.

I DID NOT WANT THIS because like I said I already ordered replacements. cheaper ones at that but not 50 more like 30. 50 was overkill I realized later.

But they sent it. I did not ask this.

I order March 9 with 2 day express shipping $25 so it should have arrived March 11 or even March 12. Nope. nothing.

again no tracking was ever sent until today.

Today I created a Dispute and ONLY TODAY did they finally send Tracking.

Guess what I told Paypal I don't want it. They did not do this transaction properly. only when I did a dispute did they send.

my WORST fear now is think about it.

Your a scammer. You got a guy for $314. he complains to Paypal. but you wanna keep your Paypal account ALIVE so you can keep scamming people.

so you send the order or maybe dog poop.

or.............. you send Covid19 laced sheets from a sick person. (yea I'm THAT paranoid now)

I don't know man. I'm sure whoever these people are with their shady looking webites and fake phones numbers and outlook email address they are NOT NICE PEOPLE.

Paypal would not help me with refund as the seller sent tracking number even if it's 5 days late.

I am going to refuse the package and have it sent back to get a refund. This was the advice of Paypal.

Problem is. the package will arrive USPS which means they will deliver it no matter what. Don't know how I can refuse a package once it's in my mailbox already.

•••
I want to add. Lately something as simple as washing my hands has been a ridiculously difficult challenge much less touching my face.

Lately I've been paying attention to what I do and HOW I do it like never before.

went out just now to drive out and get Chinese food. That's right! Chinese Food! lol

had my stupid surgical mask on. Everyone looking at me. People giving me a "wide birth" on the sidewalk. ignorant people looking at me wanting to kill me. I'm assuming the think I got "the package".

People asking me "are you ok?" They are scared I got something since I'm wearing a mask.

My answer? either "I'm diabetic so can't risk anything" The usually shuts them up. or I say " I got a 78 year old mom that needs me to stay healthy and I can't get her sick too." works well and it's true.

sad part is how I need to "explain" myself.

anyways. Trip to Chinese food.

walk in . Kick the door like a Cowboy.

pay for my food.cash is dirty. hand sanitizer.
pick up food. but door opens in. I grab a menu use it to open door. walk to car. stay clear of anyone. get to car open door ( sanitize handle earlier).

then go to dunkin donuts. used hand to open door. pay cash. Sanitizer.

ask for tray and sugar "from the back" because sugar out in the open where anyone can get it is risky.

Starbucks now keeps all their condiments behind the counter because of Covid19.

Dunkin Donuts? nope.

People lookin at me like I'm crazy.

Till one guy comes in with FULL ON GAS MASK complete with face shield. lol!!!!!

We both give each other a thumbs up and an OK sign. lol

is it any wonder I wanted to buy a face mask even at that price?
we still wear masks outside,even the situation is undercontrol in china.
soon we will win the war against the damn virus finally and absolutely.
we consider it a responsible action for oneself and others.
it is our commom sense to wear a mask outside.

luckily china has been into a no cash world a few years ago.
we can use alipay,wechat to make payment on phone in seconds,for shopping,taxt or anything you need to be delivered to your home.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back