Dynadot

GoDaddy - Pending Buyer Purchase status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So after back and forth negotiations we agree to a number and 4 days ago we close the deal. Since then its been in pending buyer purchase status and gd says he simply didnt pay yet.

How long does it usually take if the guy pays with wire to gd? Id be surprised if this is a deadbeat given he hired the gd buy service and was very active in the negotiations.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello house, my domain with a BIN on godaddy auctions was moved to 'sold' section and the status reads 'awaiting buyer purchase' after 24 hours i checked again and the domain has gone back to be listed in the selling section..... does this means the buyer has changed his mind?

•••
Best to ask GoDaddy. But it looks likely.

•••
hi i have same issu at Godaddy.

•••
Hello house, my domain with a BIN on godaddy auctions was moved to 'sold' section and the status reads 'awaiting buyer purchase' after 24 hours i checked again and the domain has gone back to be listed in the selling section..... does this means the buyer has changed his mind?

I also wondered this when first happened to me, but later found out that when somebody clicks buy it now button and adds domain into cart gd system moves domain to 'sold' section with 'awaiting buyer purchase' message. not everyone complete purchase after adding a name to cart, so it appears back at auction after few hours. a nonsense policy of gd imo.

•••
i am agree you are right say..

•••
I also wondered this when first happened to me, but later found out that when somebody clicks buy it now button and adds domain into cart gd system moves domain to 'sold' section with 'awaiting buyer purchase' message. not everyone complete purchase after adding a name to cart, so it appears back at auction after few hours. a nonsense policy of gd imo.
Thanks for your input. Really appreciate. I hope the buyer comes back

•••
•••
Sometimes domainers will put your domain in their cart and tie it up for days while they shop it around to end users. This recently happened to me on a "priced to sell" domain with one very obvious end user. It was pending sale for a long time and I know that it was just someone trying to see if they could get a higher price before they paid. Not cool. Don't do this.

•••
its been 5 days now ! no mail from godaddy no update in the status bar.. godaddy should learn from DAN !
i will wait for this weekend if not recieved, ill remove all my domains from godaddy auction to DAN. closely 200+

•••
Good to see that nothing has changed in the 7 years this thread has been running. Well done GD for your mediocrity.

•••
May not be Godaddy's fault at all. We've had buyers go on business trips and vacations right after agreeing to a price, because they're kind of oblivious. Reaching the agreement (or making the decision to buy) gave them a sense of being finished, so they took a break, thinking they'd attend to the payment after that.

•••
No sale is complete without receiving the payment. I'd be angry as hell if I'd spent time negotiating an agreement on price, and the buyer took a 3 week break on vacation. Payment is expected within 48hrs after reaching an agreement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back