IT.COM

GoDaddy Export Whois Numbers at 0 for past few days...

Spaceship
Watch

GTBAAA

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
@Joe Styler can you please fix...?

Your "GD Guides" have no idea what I'm talking about....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@Joe Styler

The glitches and lack of accurate or timely response is why many domainers loathe your platform. As relayed, your "godaddy guides" can't fix. So, I'm appealing to a higher power.

If you aren't checking daily, you should really assign someone to check namepros daily - as we are often the first to alert you to a godaddy platform problem.

Last edited:
•••
I am not on everyday. I come on when I can to help people or answer questions but my job is not support we have support available 24-7. If they don't understand what you are saying show them or ask to speak with a supervisor.
I let someone on that team know so they can look into it.

•••
•••
@Joe Styler

Any reason for such a delay - for a fix - for a previously working product?

•••
Sure lots of reasons. I am not sure the exact one but I can tell you that they are looking at it. For some background running a multi-billion dollar company with servers located throughout the world with hundreds or thousands of products in real time and powering billions of requests a day it is not anything like pressing a button or restoring a file on your local website or even that of a small business website which is more complex than your local word press site. This article is the only one I can find right now quickly but its almost a decade old and we have only grown exponentially since then. We do billions of requests on our servers a day and keep a lot of the internet resolving. For everything to work as well as it does it a testament to a very good development staff.
I know they know it is broken, and I know they will fix it soon. But it cannot be done immediately. Believe me we all wish it could but when you're on this scale you need to be careful with any release so we don't for example fix this and break something else.

https://www.datacenterknowledge.com...how-go-daddy-keeps-52-million-domains-humming

•••
Have noticed this whois stats issue as well. Appreciate the GoDaddy team looking into it!

•••
•••
As I said it is being addressed. But it is not as simple as pressing a button. It takes time for it to be fixed. Three weeks is not a long time to fix it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back