Dynadot

Changes Afoot at Moniker?

NameSilo
Watch

Charac

Established Member
Impact
As a long time customer, for over 10 years, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed changes in quality of services.

Recently they redid their UI, that's a downgrade as far as I'm concerned. Having dropped a few main "at a glance" features (overview of domains). Also their communication seems rather stressed and compromised these days (overseas export?). Although giving the benefit of any doubt, this may have been caused by some transition or coincidental glitch I suppose ongoing?

At any rate they have switched to what seems a low grade, web-based phone system that can render virtually impossible talking with a live person. Seems a cost-cutting maneuver on their end. While not shy to click up on mine, especially with the .net's.

My take is that they aren't what they used to be. Almost beginning to resemble a discount hut out of their price zone.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Charac,

We can confirm we are undergoing an upgrade at the moment, we are trying to better tailor the system for Domain Investors and those that manage a portfolio of domains. As part of this you will have noticed changes on our early access website and dashboard located at new.moniker.com.

We are still in the early access stage of this change and we’re actively seeking and acting on customer feedback. So if you notice gaps or something missing on the updated dashboard please let us know and we'll do our best to incorporate it, there is a feedback link on the new website. We have already made quite a few website and technical changes based on the feedback we have received from customers so far and this will be something that you will notice is different about Moniker going forward compared to the last few years, we will act on customer feedback.

We are only making improvements to our website and platform, there have been no changes to our customer care team or processes at all, it is the same support team and phone system. We are very pleased with our customer support offering and won’t be trying to fix it as it isn’t broken. We are receiving more support requests than usual right now whilst customers get used to the changes to the platform, which might be what you are noticing.

We are really pleased that we are now in a position to give Moniker a platform that is more deserving of the history of the business. We are looking forward to opening it up to new customers in the next few months so please do send over your feedback so we can make sure we get things right!

Thanks,
Team Moniker

Moniker - A Domain Registrar Built for Domain Investors | Join the Club
Register & manage your domain portfolio at a registrar built especially for domain professionals. Best in class pricing, excellent customer support and cutting edge innovation.

•••
.... it is the same support team and phone system. We are very pleased with our customer support offering and won’t be trying to fix it as it isn’t broken...
Much appreciate your stepping forward!

Can I ask: you say it's still same phone system - do you happen to know for how long its been in place? Are you simply saying -- the same as before the launch of the new platform?

Don't mean to dwell on this. But to me being able to talk with someone is a big part of having real time service. As opposed to a ticket-only system popular with discount registrars.

To be fair I'll try again and post back -- or would you suggest some more wait time?

I have provided feedback. And believe you most recently updated the platform, so thank you (noticed within past day or two). Though I think there is another practical one I'd like to make...

So will you be phasing out the new.moniker.com address and reverting to the old one on notification?

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it's the same phone system as before the launch of the new platform, we've had it for the last few years. Our support team is available over email and phone as before and we plan to introduce chat support very soon.

We'll absolutely be using moniker.com going forward; we are still working through the early access period but once we are fully up and running we will make the switch. Looking forward to more feedback, we appreciate all the input!

Thanks,
Team Moniker

•••
I do need to tell you -- your new system has been sending"Domain Names Expire Soon" triggered emails to me that confuse. That display auto renewal dates weeks late, and so don't function to act as a real check with names set to auto renew as it says.

I've contacted your support department several times now who has agreed this is a mistake and needs correction.
Then after saying "we are sorry this took so long, the email has been fixed earlier today. "

But it hasn't, and just keeps going on in this way repeatedly. Which is supposed to provide an accurate link reminder to help ensure names continue without being lost. No small matter.

Running out of support options I contact you here (otherwise I wouldn't).

•••
Hey Charac,

We've made a few changes to the email last week based on customer feedback and making a few more this week to further clarify things. Apologies it hasn't been clear so far.

The upcoming change will tell you when a domain is expiring and when is the last day to renew it, after which it slips into redemption or gets deleted.

Thanks,
Team Moniker

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back