IT.COM

alert GoDaddy pricing inconsistency

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

D Haynes

Top Member
Impact
After recently winning a GD expired auction I realised they seem to be picking numbers out of the air when you pay via different methods (app or website).

Screenshot_20240218_211529_Firefox.jpg

The above is while attempting to pay via website. But 47.17 plus taxes becomes...

Screenshot_20240218_211418_Firefox.jpg

46.99 plus taxes on the next page!

But wait! If I pay via the app...

Screenshot_20240218_211431_Investor.jpg

It's 46.60!

Am I missing something here?

I tried to talk to customer services but they had no idea what I was talking about and were as usfull as the GD app (which is completely unusable). How does a company with so much money have such a bad app, website and customer support team.

Oh and I ended up having to pay the higher price as the app has some sort of bug that doesn't allow you to select a payment method.

OK vent over.
@GoDaddy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Gltiches happen.
All too often at GD. I wonder if it was a one time glitch or an ongoing. Maybe someone who wins an expired auction can check to see?

•••
I am moving mine to namecheap, we've been seeing a lot of issues... not just billing... borderline theft of domains too.

•••
•••
Just stop using GoDaddy ©
I did for years but the truth is all the expired marketplaces are pretty poor in one way or another and if you want to buy stock you have to navigate them at some point.

•••
I tried to talk to customer services but they had no idea what I was talking about
They have cheap labourers at customer service specially the people on chat support they know nothing and can’t solve most issues and finally they are only good at advising you to send email to godaddy customer service !!

•••
I just had an issue today with domain consolidation, it didn't work and the guy in the chat had no idea what he was talking about and told me there was NO CHANCE of getting a refund even though I paid for it and nothing happened. Well that's textbook theft... but anyway... Moved the last of my eligible domains out of there, I am 100% done with GoDaddy. No domains. No auctions. No DAN. No nothing... If you do have an issue with auctions skip the HOURS of chats, emails, and phone calls and just call (480) 505-8892, this is there USA based auctions support number. Hope the number helps someone who is dealing with the GoDaddy BS! :xf.smile: I have been a customer since 2002, back then the customer service was amazing, years later I left for awhile because of the horrible customer service, but they never messed with my domains so I went back, worst idea I have had in domain history!

Last edited:
•••
They have cheap labourers at customer service specially the people on chat support they know nothing and can’t solve most issues and finally they are only good at advising you to send email to godaddy customer service !!

That's exactly what happened. Send you to another department.

•••
I just had an issue today with domain consolidation, it didn't work and the guy in the chat had no idea what he was talking about and told me there was NO CHANCE of getting a refund even though I paid for it and nothing happened. Well that's textbook theft... but anyway... Moved the last of my eligible domains out of there, I am 100% done with GoDaddy. No domains. No auctions. No DAN. No nothing... If you do have an issue with auctions skip the HOURS of chats, emails, and phone calls and just call (480) 505-8892, this is there USA based auctions support number. Hope the number helps someone who is dealing with the GoDaddy BS! :xf.smile: I have been a customer since 2002, back then the customer service was amazing, years later I left for awhile because of the horrible customer service, but they never messed with my domains so I went back, worst idea I have had in domain history!
Seems they may have become too big to care. Huge company but still conducting layoffs. Not sure how that's going to be anything other than negative.

•••
Adding VAT is always a "pleasure" in European transactions. How much do you pay? It's like 22% in Greece for services.

•••
Adding VAT is always a "pleasure" in European transactions. How much do you pay? It's like 22% in Greece for services.
20% currently in the UK up from 17% before the world fell apart.

•••
Seems they may have become too big to care. Huge company but still conducting layoffs. Not sure how that's going to be anything other than negative.
I don't understand how anyone can use a company that has such poor customer service for the simplest things, every single time I have a tiny question the wait times are usually over an hour, I called early today and requested a call back, never happened. The transferring all over makes no sense, so I went to consolidate a domain like I said, didn't go through so I was chatting online with domain support but they couldn't help me because the domain was previously purchased through auction, WHAT?!? How does that make any sense?!? So the only people that could help me was "Auction Support" even though it had NOTHING to do with auctions... 🤔 Don't get me started on "Discount Domain Club"... What a deal... $240/year upfront and you still pay more to renew then every other registrar... :xf.rolleyes: C'mon GoDaddy...

•••
•••
Does coupon code GDROCKSTAR change the price at all for you?

•••
Does coupon code GDROCKSTAR change the price at all for you?
I didn't get chance to try but will do if I buy another name.

•••
After recently winning a GD expired auction I realised they seem to be picking numbers out of the air when you pay via different methods (app or website).

It's 46.60!

Am I missing something here?

I tried to talk to customer services but they had no idea what I was talking about and were as usfull as the GD app (which is completely unusable). How does a company with so much money have such a bad app, website and customer support team.

Oh and I ended up having to pay the higher price as the app has some sort of bug that doesn't allow you to select a payment method.

OK vent over.
@GoDaddy
Hey there DavethePlumber from across the pond, it's threads like yours and mine seeking a lawyer with "Big Balls" that may just get Go Daddy's ATTENTION! NP's resident lawyer John Berryhill may attempt to come to GD's defense, but I've no idea how he can defend the INDEFENSIBLE:xf.rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back