IT.COM

advice GoDaddy Closeouts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JunjiLJundi

Impact
Hey guys, relatively new domainer here (newer than today haha just finally got around to signing up on here)
and I would like your opinion on the value of some closeouts I found on godaddy.
Below is the list ranked from best to worst (imo) and my justification for picking each one.
I did not register any of these as I would like to get a better understanding of the market before i start investing.

(1) pmnatl dotcom (soley on the fact that its a 6 character .com)
(2) shtrina dotcom (7 characters, .com)
(3) saims dotnet (5 characters, .net)
(4) creatiffly dotcom (Play on the keyword "creative", .com)
(5) futurehomesfund dotcom (targets a poppular niche, .com)
(6) dubaipropertyindex dotcom (targets a poppular niche, .com)
(7) bluefeat dotorg (Brandable, 8 letters, I do know though that brandable domains have the lowest str)

last and least (imo) are these.
-stopoverpaying dotorg
-thetalkingbull dotcom
-everydaysafety dotorg
Mainly because of the fact that they have 14+ characters.

Am I justified In believing that closeouts are the leftovers that nobody wanted?
If not, why did nobody buy them while they were up for auction? If yes, what strategy would you recommend for a beginner like myself

Again, Thanks, and all feedback is appreciated

-Junji

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there are no good domains in this closeout . i would not invest in these one . You need more information about DA , about domain age , bounce rate , it the domain under google penalties or not

•••
Welcome to NamePros!

Am I justified In believing that closeouts are the leftovers that nobody wanted?
If not, why did nobody buy them while they were up for auction?

Because more times than not, if you open a bid on a name on GoDaddy Auctions, HugeDomains & co. will bid you up $200+ regardless of the quality. Many people instead wait to catch names in closeouts instead, so many times there's not a huge difference in the quality of a closeout vs. <$300 name in auctions (above that is usually a different story).

I did not register any of these as I would like to get a better understanding of the market before i start investing

It's a good sign for you came here to ask about quality before regging (many newbies go on a regretful initial spending spree), and are already looking at closeouts (better quality than expired handregs and way higher quality than fresh regs).

However, I wouldn't reg any of those names you posted - while length does matter, the name needs to mean something or be a proper brandable to be worth it, not just any random letters. Stick to .com, stick to compounds including real words, and for short brandables keep it 5L/6L and make sure it's pronounceable, preferably passing the radio test.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to NamePros!

Because more times than not, if you open a bid on a name on GoDaddy Auctions, HugeDomains & co. will bid you up $200+ regardless of the quality. Many people instead wait to catch names in closeouts instead, so many times there's not a huge difference in the quality of a closeout vs. <$300 name in auctions (above that is usually a different story).

It's a good sign for you came here to ask about quality before regging (many newbies go on a regretful initial spending spree), and are already looking at closeouts (better quality than expired handregs and way higher quality than fresh regs).

However, I wouldn't reg any of those names you posted - while length does matter, the name needs to mean something or be a proper brandable to be worth it, not just any random letters. Stick to .com, stick to compounds including real words, and for short brandables keep it 5L/6L and make sure it's pronounceable, preferably passing the radio test.

awesome
thanks for your tips

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back