IT.COM

How to evaluate this domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

01domainer

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone. 2 things I hope you can help me sorting out (thanks for your patience :giggle:)

1: I was looking on expireddomains.net for something valuable to look into and I came across this one domain (dotcom and dotnet already taken) and very hi numbers in terms of age, traffic, BL etc... but it has also a not taken dotorg.
For what I understood, reading here and there in this learning phase, this is a very important aspect to take in consideration, if an important domain has a not taken extension, that extension has very high value.
If it doesn't go withh any trademark issue would you suggest to buy it?

2: if this domain is the english spelling of a chinese word, what are the considerations to take in buying it. (example : 车 is car in chinese but the domain is Che.com, spelling in english of this chinese word.)

Hope I explain well everything even english is not my first language.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone. 2 things I hope you can help me sorting out (thanks for your patience :giggle:)

1: I was looking on expireddomains.net for something valuable to look into and I came across this one domain (dotcom and dotnet already taken) and very hi numbers in terms of age, traffic, BL etc... but it has also a not taken dotorg.
For what I understood, reading here and there in this learning phase, this is a very important aspect to take in consideration, if an important domain has a not taken extension, that extension has very high value.
If it doesn't go withh any trademark issue would you suggest to buy it?

2: if this domain is the english spelling of a chinese word, what are the considerations to take in buying it. (example : 车 is car in chinese but the domain is Che.com, spelling in english of this chinese word.)

Hope I explain well everything even english is not my first language.
Do you have your end user in mind? That's the first question you ought to be asking about every possible domain name acquisition.

•••
" what are the considerations to take in buying it."

Most important is ask yourself if anyone would really buy it.

A Chinese alphabet word, transposed into english is tough. Sometimes it works, but most times it would have to be a popular transposed word. That is, the english alphabet spelling, of the chinese pronunciation, of the chinese alphabet word should be a common thing in whatever market you are targeting or you will have few potential buyers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back