IT.COM

information The Dreaded 4 & 0, Good, Bad, Ugly?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Well yet again more sales are reported almost daily with domains that have a 4, 0 or combo of both in the domain .

I've said probably too much on the zero topic but wanted to start a thread to post the growing number of domain sales with these 2 supposed pariah numbers that have gotten bad press imo.

According to namebio a slew of domains are selling that have them.

Example:

417 dot com $169,000
34569 dotcom $10,100
14028 dotcom $898
3432 dotcc $610
92145 dot com $805
6y4 dot com $560
435488 dotcom $109
45758 dotcom $965
99294 dotcom $962
77114 dot com $2158
68048 dot com $810
1994 dotco $175
484878 dotcom $145
45530 dot com $940
35015 dotcom $660
2406 dot net $578
4031 dotnet $562
0407 dot net $562
0949 dot net $562
91444 dotcc $190
7724 dot net $1570

Just saying the list is huge and growing so anytime a prospect says they don't want a 4 or 0 just keep these sales in mind to remind yourself that your domains do have more value than most people think!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's about "patterns".

These is what I sold last week on Namejet, "all have "0 and "4" and all hand reg a few months ago for $9.

908869.com$170
545559.com $165
334113.com$135
988590.com$135
644462.com$100
007765.com$119

"0 and "4" are great if you have the right patterns, and all of our 6n has the right patterns.

•••
•••
I just picked up 68048.com..Love that domain! 68 zero 48 what a combo and 2 8s to boot!

•••
Sedo sale $888

As Jim said its about patterns.

•••
I just picked up 68048.com..Love that domain! 68 zero 48 what a combo and 2 8s to boot!
I see it was also regged since 2002! Nice purchase!

•••
Sedo sale $888

As Jim said its about patterns.

That's a good sale!

I own 488856.com, which is more valuable for obvious reasons. :xf.wink:

Cheers,
V

•••
Vicki, if you have "888" doesn't matter what other numbers you have, that is a massive name for a 6n. Don't sell that for under 1K

•••
Vicki, if you have "888" doesn't matter what other numbers you have, that is a massive name for a 6n. Don't sell that for under 1K

Jim, I have like 12 of them with 888. You are right, I will wait till I get a fair price.

•••
Vicki, lot's of brokers create that image that "0 and 4" are bad, and many 'sheep" follow that advice. That is why I only sell my worst names on Namejet with "0 and "4" to prove otherwise. Sold close to 100, 6n.com's on Namejet all "0 and "4" with average price of $100, none have "888". Don't listen to naysayers, follow the comps, check the whois, and you will see 95% of the "0 and "4" buyers are Chinese.

•••
Vicki, lot's of brokers create that image that "0 and 4" are bad, and many 'sheep" follow that advice. That is why I only sell my worst names on Namejet with "0 and "4" to prove otherwise. Sold close to 100, 6n.com's on Namejet all "0 and "4" with average price of $100, none have "888". Don't listen to naysayers, follow the comps, check the whois, and you will see 95% of the "0 and "4" buyers are Chinese.

You are 100% right. :)
Two months ago I have sold 6n.com with 4 for $300+ on Flippa
Today Iv got the offers from Chinese buyers, $450 for 6n.com with 2x4, 2x8 and 2x0 :) and $500 for 6n.com with 2x4, 2x8 and 2x6.
I didnt sell yet. Waiting for more. :)

•••
I regged 441441.info, .com sold for 2,583 USD. What do you guys think?

•••
•••
Great to hear the action on 0&4 in domains selling!

It seems to me that this fallacy has been perpetuated by domainers who read that 4 means death , which it does, and zero looks like an o that some blogger wrote about may be an issue in China for some unknown reason it spread everywhere.

I can see the 4 being an issue in Asian culture but this zero disinfo is purely a domainer created campaign IMO.

As I've said many times in posts zero at the end means completion or infinite.

That's the most logical position for the zero in Chinese numerology from my understanding. I have researched this issue for months and I haven't found any info that states zero is a negative number to use, unless at the begining but domainsd are selling with zero and 4 in any position so I'm done trying to defend this topic.

The biggest sale at sedo last week was 2230dotcom selling for almost $25k!

Looks like a zero to me!

Last edited:
•••
I have plenty 6n's with premium patterns with 0/4 in them and they are good investments without doubt.
Prices for good pattern 6n's with 0/4 have moved up a lot in recent weeks.

Whilst we're at 888's I have 718884.com that I bought recently.
I have others like 588220.com, 444329.com, 000313.com etc.

The lower the quality the slower they rise, but they are all rising IMO.

•••
It is all about patterns and combos :)

•••
Unfortunately for myself I missed the 5&6n dot com reg fee domains so opted for what was left in the fall for 5n co numerics.

I figured at least i had some numerics in this trending time but their have been very little interest in 5n co numerics to date other than a few private sales I've seen posted and low ball offers I've had.

I've offered mine to other NP members but the only issue they turn them down is 0&4 of course since most of mine have 1 zero (majority at the end of course) but some decent number combos & repeaters.

Hopefully dot co will catch on I hope soon!

•••
Unfortunately for myself I missed the 5&6n dot com reg fee domains so opted for what was left in the fall for 5n co numerics.

I figured at least i had some numerics in this trending time but their have been very little interest in 5n co numerics to date other than a few private sales I've seen posted and low ball offers I've had.

I've offered mine to other NP members but the only issue they turn them down is 0&4 of course since most of mine have 1 zero (majority at the end of course) but some decent number combos & repeaters.

Hopefully dot co will catch on I hope soon!

Go for 6n and 7n .info, they will be hot soon :)

•••
That's true...0 & 4 does carry a good value and its just a hype created by some section of Domainers as CHIPs which i think is really worthless & nonsense.
Look at the big domain sales

345.com
360.com
0888.com

Even 4.cn is a big chinese website.

(0 at the begininnig, 0 & 4 domains etc etc are all rubbish. Everything is selling today if have a good pattern)

Dont follow the CHIPs trend. Just follow the market.

There is nothing like CHIPs and i am pretty sure about it atleast not applicable for numeric domains.
What is more important is rather the pattern as said above.

•••
According to the Chinese when it comes to numerics everything starts with 0 so logically a pattern starting with or ending with 0 is good. 0123 or 3210 it's all math when it comes down to it. "Don't belive the hype" 0 is good anywhere especially in patterns.

•••
Super to hear I'm not the only one who is sensible on this topic!

As rp stated about chips , where thee heck did that come from!??

I've never seen this term related to domains until a couple of months ago?

What the heck is a chip in numeric domains? More than 2 eights?

If patterns and combos of numbers mean more than the actual numbers alone how do you designate a numeric domain as a chip?

Its domainer lingo to designate domain types so they can refer to such easier.

It has IMO nothing to do with content of the numeric domain I don't think.

I can see word chips to describe a letter domain but that's even gotten ridiculous.

Plus aeiouv is another domainer made up criteria that attempts to categorize domains in a lame attempt to make domains without vowels more valuable.

Another way domaining industry attempts to place certain domains within categories like keyword and premium .

Its a ploy IMO to manipulate certain domains so the perception of higher value is created but its harming domain values overall imo!

•••
That
Super to hear I'm not the only one who is sensible on this topic!

As rp stated about chips , where thee heck did that come from!??

I've never seen this term related to domains until a couple of months ago?

What the heck is a chip in numeric domains? More than 2 eights?

If patterns and combos of numbers mean more than the actual numbers alone how do you designate a numeric domain as a chip?

Its domainer lingo to designate domain types so they can refer to such easier.

It has IMO nothing to do with content of the numeric domain I don't think.

I can see word chips to describe a letter domain but that's even gotten ridiculous.

Plus aeiouv is another domainer made up criteria that attempts to categorize domains in a lame attempt to make domains without vowels more valuable.

Another way domaining industry attempts to place certain domains within categories like keyword and premium .

Its a ploy IMO to manipulate certain domains so the perception of higher value is created but its harming domain values overall imo!
That's 100% true...CHIPs is just like blackmarketing of Domains...just irrelevant...
Domainers open up ur eyes and do not follow the garbage as these CHIPs have become tastless and the time have come not to eat them with sauce anymore but to throw it in Bin...

•••
<c0ugh> you "figure" the n0 zer0s thing was started by a d0mainer wh0 had al0t 0f them in their p0rtf0li0? :D

•••
You tell me! Cough cough choke

•••
http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/8
The energy of the 8 needs to be supported by other numbers in order to flourish, such as the 4 to help you keep an eye on the all-important details, and the 9 to keep you in touch with your humanity.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/chinese-meaning-of-numbers.html
Zero
Have you ever submerged yourself in sensory deprivation? Give it a try sometime and you'll touch on the expanse of number zero. Zeros are tricky because they are at once everything and nothing. They mark the void, and so therefore their potential in infinite. Because zero represent no-thingness, they have room to express the eternal. Zero is limitless. Zero is the Tao. Zero is inception; that open indeterminate space that is, but cannot be identified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture
Lucky numbers
Zero
The Number 0 (零 or 檸, Pinyin:líng or níng) is a whole number and it is also an even number for the money ends with 0. Number .

Word to the wise.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back