Dynadot

GoDaddy closeout "Add to cart" failed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TrueDN

Top Member
Impact
Since yesterday, Godaddy closeout "Add to cart" button didn't work with the error message "Add to cart failed. Please try again, or refresh your browser."

Has anyone run into the same problem?
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes.
I was able to bypass the problem by going to the cart, then doing a search on the particular name I was after (a closeout). Then I could add it to the cart and check out. Hope this is clear enough.

•••
I bypassed it by first watching the domain name, then buying from watchlist; it added the domain name to the cart.

•••
I have found with Go daddy sometimes you need to talk nicely to your laptop, I also now carry Super Glue and Duck Tape anytime i enter auctions. if all else fails it helps to rant to joe on here and have all your answers unsolved and explained.

•••
That has happened a few times in the past year. I did what Kate mentions above.

•••
Do you mean from the full page closeout listing for a single specific domain?

There are so many bug on the GoDaddy platform .. but they got the names so we need to put up and sometimes lose a domain or pay more than we intended.

The official solution is always "clear your browser cache" .. but it sucks having to do that when you have multiple tabs open!

That being said .. sometimes it's not a bug and just that possibly somebody else beat you to the domain.

Like @Wali Dahot .. I too regularly add names to my cart directly from the watchlist or search list .. but sometimes you get a different error that way.

I think @ecomslice's Crazy Glue & Duct Tape solution is probably your best bet! lol

•••
There are two main reasons for this error. One is someone else is trying to buy it at the same time you are. The other is that the cart thinks this is happening. The best thing to do it log in to godaddy before adding names to the cart, then go get the names and add them. If you don't and you add it to the cart and the cookies are blocked or you have something similar happen where the cart does not recognize you as the same person that tried to check out but wasn't logged in, it will give you an error because it thinks someone else is trying to buy the domain. This is on purpose so that when you find a name on closeout and go to the cart with it you have time to pay for it. It takes away the ability of another person to pay for it. So the cart likely thinks you are not you when you get to the cart, either because you were timed out on the site, or you are blocking cookies, using an incognito browser, etc etc.

•••
This is on purpose so that when you find a name on closeout and go to the cart with it you have time to pay for it. It takes away the ability of another person to pay for it.
@Joe Styler , i had a couple of times a situation when i added a domain to the cart but was getting something like "this domain needs your attention" or something like this, in red. And then this domain was already not there in closeouts anymore. Nor in my cart. I assumed somebody else has snatched it. But now you are saying i have time to finish the purchase. Kindly comment on this.

•••
I generally use incognito mode but this error is new to me.

•••
Very recently I purchased a closeout domain, waited the requisite time but no email received confirming transfer (push). But I now find it in my account since two days ago. This is a first to have no confirming email.

Obviously not a cart issue, but has anyone else experienced this situation recently?

•••
@Joe Styler , i had a couple of times a situation when i added a domain to the cart but was getting something like "this domain needs your attention" or something like this, in red. And then this domain was already not there in closeouts anymore. Nor in my cart. I assumed somebody else has snatched it. But now you are saying i have time to finish the purchase. Kindly comment on this.
It means one of the two things I said above, either someone else already added it to the cart before you could and then you can no longer buy it. Or the system thinks someone else did, when it was actually you who added it to the cart but cookies were blocked etc so the name is being held for the unauthenticated shopper - you. But since you cannot see it, it is like it is in limbo until the hold expires.

•••
I generally use incognito mode but this error is new to me.
If you are logged in on incognito mode already then the browser knows it is your account and when you go to the cart you should not have an issue. However if you are not logged in, or your browser is blocking cookies, or you logged in and that login time runs out and times you out, then you will have an issue trying to add a domain to the cart. Or again, if someone else beats you to it you will get the error.

•••
It means one of the two things I said above, either someone else already added it to the cart before you could and then you can no longer buy it. Or the system thinks someone else did, when it was actually you who added it to the cart but cookies were blocked etc so the name is being held for the unauthenticated shopper - you. But since you cannot see it, it is like it is in limbo until the hold expires.
Thank you. But very interesting about this hold - how long does it last?

•••
I prefer not to say publicly. You can contact support and inquire there. The reason being is every time we mention it publicly it seems people try and game the system by adding it to their cart and removing it and adding it etc to keep anyone else from getting the domain and waiting until it is down to $5 to buy it.
We watch for that and if we see it we ban you for life from the auctions, no get out of jail passes. But it results in more work until people realize that this won't work and then stop until the hold time is brought up again. It is not worth trying to save a few dollars on a domain by playing with the hold because it will result in a loss of auctions privileges, in case anyone is pondering it after reading this thread.
It is long enough for you to put it into the cart check around for a couple more names and then check out.

•••
I bypassed it by first watching the domain name, then buying from watchlist; it added the domain name to the cart.
Just brilliant! Its November 2023.
Still this problem persists at Godaddy1
Still this solution works.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back