IT.COM

Very Weird Experience at GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I do not know whether to call this a glitch or actual results.

There are two cases:

Case one: I had this domain name on closeout added to cart and proceeded to checkout but for some reasons, I decided to empty the cart and try again. After emptying the cart, I could not find the domain name again. I was surprised. I kept trying and it wasn't possible. Then I went to Godaddy home page to search for it. There I found it at the exact price I had wanted to buy it at. I clicked add to cart and it says domain name not available. I would refresh the same page, the "add to cart" button will be activated. When I click on it to add to cart, it says domain name not available.

So, I decided to check with another domain name that is at close out.

Case two: I search home page for another domain name that is on closeout and it says taken. However, I could access the said domain name in case two via expireddomains.net and it takes me to checkout page.

Why is this happening?

@Joe Styler please can you help?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In the first case, when you add something to the cart it becomes unavailable for 5 to 15 minutes. At least in my experience.

•••
mate godeddy is damn fishy, there was at last 25 times where it showed me that the domain already registered and on namecheap not???? there was few domains which was registered in the same hour?? now i do everything with bridge vpn, because to search domains on namecheap its a bit slower compare to godeddy,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back