NameSilo

GoDaddy - Cancelled domain transfer - Will they refund money?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey,

I inititated a transfer for a domain from another registrar today, but cancelled it soon after. I paid via my PayPal account on file with GoDaddy.

My question is, will the $7.99 be refunded, and if so, where?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anybody got any idea whatsoever?

Thanks. :)

•••
They only give failed transfer refunds on specific request as far as I know.

I have lost many hundreds of dollars over the yrs due to forgeting to ask for refunds, thinking about it too late, or not realizing they did not issue a refund.

That policy sucks as of course they should automatically refund it but they never do in my experience. Just one more reason I no longer like GD and WW.

•••
Thats a big rip off but I have contacted them to get the refund. If they dont issue it then I will know to be very careful in future. I am quite happy with some aspects of GD though, not least the free POP email for all domains.

•••
•••
•••
personally I think they will refund u and I think it comes back via pay pal themselves

•••
plato1 said:
personally I think they will refund u and I think it comes back via pay pal themselves

No, it only comes back upon request. Plus, why would they send it back via paypal if the cust did not use paypal in the first place :-/

•••
To keep you all updated:

GoDaddy.com said:
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not provide credit to an account for refunds. The amount would be refunded to the payment method used for the original purchase if the refund is approved. I would be happy to request a refund for your order. I only need security verification of your account. Please reply with the last four digits of your payment type on file, as indicated in your account under 'Credit Card & Payment Info' from the 'Customer Info & More' dropdown. In addition, please include a listing of the canceled products for which you wish to receive a refund. Upon reply with the requested information, I will submit your refund request.

Submitting the refund request does not guarantee that the refund will be given, as the request has to be approved by our billing department. If the request is approved, you will receive a refund receipt by email. If the request is denied, you will also be notified by email.

I paid by PayPal, by the way. I will keep this thread updated.

•••
You must request the refund. They will then do their best to make it enough of a pain in the ass, with transaction umbers and various billing id's etc that you may well reconsider. They should refund you, but you will have to chase them, and it probably won't be back in your account until next month. That is my experience with them anyway...

•••
The latest...

GoDaddy said:
Thank you for contacting customer support. I have requested that a refund be applied to your account as per your request. As some of our services are non-refundable, this does not guarantee that the refund will be given. The request must be approved by our billing department. Please allow 48 hours for my request to be processed and for the credit to appear in the order history of your account, if approved.

Once the credit appears in your Go Daddy account, please allow 5-7 business days to see the funds applied to the associated payment method. If we are not able to process a refund for this service you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

•••
Just to note my favourite registrar, Namecheap, automatically refunds failed transfer requests.

•••
peterstannard said:
Just to note my favourite registrar, Namecheap, automatically refunds failed transfer requests.

haha, something which we both agree on. namecheap is who i use! (i use it because of my unverifyed PayPal)

•••
I used to use RegFly, which does the same, but they are a horrible horrible company and am moving away from them. I'd rather lose a few bucks of failed transfers than risk RegFly anywhere near my domains!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back