Dynadot

domains GoDaddy acquiring Uniregistry's registrar & marketplace, and Name Administration's domain portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The first blockbuster deal of the decade. GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, today announced it is acquiring Uniregistry's leading domain registrar and marketplace businesses. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close sometime in Q2 2020. The Uniregistry domain registry is not part of the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@equity78 Yep. The ai ones are good, especially aiby.com. I looked up adto.com and the price is currently $114,400!

•••
Exactly, DomainNameSales.com and Uniregistry were first his personal tool set.
He let some on DNS back in the day when you used to get rum cakes on Christmas
Eve. It was a game changer platform, parking was amazing.

Last edited:
•••
airdropped.com
airlineco.com
aitx.com
aivd.com
aixl.com
ajeb.com
ajep.com
ajnr.com
ajv.net
ajyb.com
akeh.com
akev.com
akgh.com
akmn.com
akuy.com
amso.com
an2.com
amox.com
anbe.com
anih.com
anika.com
anrz.com
antiquemall.com
anzz.com
aoew.com
aogl.com
aomo.com
aotm.com
apfi.com
aphy.com
zjtc.com
zjul.com
zjwl.com
zjws.com
zkok.com
zlad.com
zniz.com
zoks.com
zpih.com
zred.com
zrzi.com
zuai.com
zugg.com
zumm.com
zvgq.com
zwza.com
zxay.com
zybi.com
zyuj.com

Last edited:
•••
@equity78 Yep. The ai ones are good, especially aiby.com. I looked up adto.com and the price is currently $114,400!

Right and GoDaddy will probably price much lower. So a lot of sales are to be had out the gate.

•••
I only looked at Rick's poll now I looked at the replies and his other tweets he wrote: If I’m Frank I don’t want a penny under $1 Billion+

•••
@equity78 Anika.com! Great 5L female name. Thanks a lot for posting all of these. It's nice to actually see some of the domains behind the deal, because up to this point it was just vague references to the portfolio. Yeah, GD will likely price lower and some people will snatch some deals, though I think most will still be priced for end users or somewhere in the gray area between end user pricing and reseller pricing. Some sales probably won't leave a lot of meat on the bone. It would be interesting to compare pricing for some of these before and after the integration into NameFind.

Last edited:
•••
@Equity Anika.com! Great 5L female name. Thanks a lot for posting all of these. It's nice to actually see some of the domains behind the deal, because up to this point it was just vague references to the portfolio. Yeah, GD will likely price lower and some people will snatch some deals, though I think most will still be priced for end users or somewhere in the gray area between end user pricing and reseller pricing. Some sales probably won't leave a lot of meat on the bone. It would be interesting to compare pricing for some of these before and after the integration into NameFind.

Agreed I think most will still be end user pricing but now end users can afford. Like I believe Ichiban.com probably had a high price tag, now all those places with Ichibankeyword have a chance to afford it.

•••
Ichiban.com's current price... $429,000.

•••
Ichiban.com's current price... $429,000.

There you go, no restaurant can afford that. GoDaddy brings it down and pitch it as standout be the only "Ichiban" no other keywords and sold.

ichibanpa.com

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse – Hibachi Sushi ... - Allentown

In Allentown, PA our Japanese restaurant specializes in delicious hibachi, fresh sushi, sashimi, seafood, and traditional Japanese food for lunch and dinner.
Hibachi Dinner · ‎Lunch Menu · ‎Promotions · ‎Sushi Specials - Ichiban Party ...
www.ichibanhibachisteakhouse.com

Ichiban: Amazing Delicious

Ichiban. Hibachi & Sushi Bar ... We ICHIBAN strive to create pertect amalgam of Japanese tradition and European themes in contemporary innovation and ...
ichibanseafoodbuffet.com

Ichiban Seafood Buffet - Springfield

Jul 30, 2019 - Ichiban Seafood Buffet has over 20 different kinds of sushi. Ichiban Seafood Buffet is also serving Prime Rib that melts in your mouth, beef and ...
ichibanplaza9.weebly.com

ICHIBAN SUSHI - Home - Northfield

Location and Hours: Ichiban Sushi, Plaza 9 1333 New Road Northfield, NJ 08225. Tel: (609) 272-9200. Open: TUE - SAT 11am - 7:30pm. Closed: Monday & ...

ichibanreno.com

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar - Home

Reno's "Best Tasting Show in Town" for 38 years. Teppanyaki/Hibachi dining and All You Can Eat Sushi. Inside Harrah's Downtown Reno. Call 775-323-5550.
www.ichibanptc.com

Ichiban - Peachtree City

Ichiban Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar of Peachtree City is the best sushi southside of Atlanta. Featuring freshly prepared sushi and sashimi, flavorful and ...

www.ichibanmason.com

Ichiban Japanese Restaurant, Mason, OH 45040, Online ...

Ichiban Japanese Restaurant, Mason, OH 45040, services include online order Japanese food, dine in, take out, delivery and catering. You can find online ...

ichibanwi.com

Ichiban – Japanese Sushi & Steak House

1595 E Sumner St. Ste 103, Hartford, WI 53027. © Copyright 2020 | Ichiban Japanese Sushi & Steak House All Rights Reserved | Designed by A Plus Graphic.
www.ichibangrill.com

Ichiban Grill – Hibachi & Sushi

Mar 13, 2018 - Ichiban Grill Logo · LOCATIONS · ABOUT US · GALLERY · CAREERS · ORDER NOW ... Ichiban Grill of McDonough. VIEW MENU ...

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. GD will definitely give this domain a price slice with a samurai sword. I just checked. It means "Number 1" in Japanese. No wonder it's so popular.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think that Godaddy is going to put all the liquid domains up for sale at the beginning, probably only the two word .coms , why sell the best and get stuck with all the second and third tire ones. I believe they'll go about it the other way around by trying to sell and auctioning off the two word domains first.

IMO

•••
Name Administration's portfolio, Uniregistry is a registrar with about 1.3 million domains, 350,000 being Frank's domains.

Down to 1.1 million domains as of October, down 85,000 domains from the year before.
www.DomainState/registrar/uniregistrarcorp.html

It seems I may have missed some news, what legal situation?
It nothing Uni did as a business and not against Uni as a business, but likely distracting on it's overall management. I won't throw around personal issues .. but if you really want to know, a few clever google searches will do it. Or re-read this thread .. there was at least one link to it (not sure if it was removed).

Frank had 350,000 names (Nothing to do with Uniregistry) at $200 a name that's $70 million. At half of what Mike got that's $87.5 million.

Based on the quality of domains shared already in this thread, I really see it a struggle to justify anything over a $100 per domain average at "super-wholesale" pricing. There would need to be a significant number of quality liquid and premium names to offset that. In fact .. if a good deal of those we let to expire, I think the majority would likely not only get a bit .. but many wouldn't even be grabbed at $5 closeout .. so essentially worthless (at wholesale).

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. GD will definitely give this domain a price slice with a samurai sword. I just checked. It means "number one" in Japanese. No wonder it's so popular.

Yeah I saw that, I always hear it because one of those restaurants is around me and they advertise on cable.

•••
Down to 1.1 million domains as of October, down 85,000 domains from the year before.
www.DomainState/registrar/uniregistrarcorp.html

It nothing Uni did as a business and not against Uni as a business, but likely distracting on it's overall management. I won't throw around personal issues .. but if you really want to know, a few clever google searches will do it. Or re-read this thread .. there was at least one link to it (not sure if it was removed).

Based on the quality of domains shared already in this thread, I really see it a struggle to justify anything over a $100 per domain average at "super-wholesale" pricing. There would need to be a significant number of quality liquid and premium names to offset that. In fact .. if a good deal of those we let to expire, I think the majority would likely not only get a bit .. but many wouldn't even be grabbed at $5 closeout .. so essentially worthless (at wholesale).

Yes there are plenty of liquid names, I probably now listed over 100 4L.com 20 3 Character, there are a bunch of 3L.net, you probably not up to those posts yet.

Look I know Mike Berkens deal well, and Mike did not have 70,000 great names, so when people see a group that suck it's true you would not give $5 for them, but the average is going to be way higher on those low names because of the great and good names.

So all those 4L with Ad and Ai that Frank would sell for huge money are going to factor into all that. Plus we have only gone over a fraction of the portfolio here.

@wwwweb would you say 2,000 4L.coms in total?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes there are plenty of liquid names, I probably now listed over 100 4L.com 20 3 Character, there are a bunch of 3L.net, you probably not up to those posts yet.

I suppose the ultimate question is what are the ratio of jewels to junk .. based on this thread it seems like a lot of longshot junk that Frank likely handregged eons ago. But really .. at this point unless anyone sees the entire portfolio .. any number is just a guess. But based on what I saw .. when I put $100/domain, I was actually being conservative and generous based on the limited information and domains listed here. Again though .. admittedly a guesstimate with rather limited information.

•••
would you say 2,000 4L.coms in total?

All the liquid domains including the 4L won't come to more than couple of millions in wholesale.

It doesn't matter how rich Frank is and how good he was able to optimize and monetize this portfolio as far as sales and parking goes, Godaddy is only going to pay the very bottom of the wholesale prices for this or any other portfolio in today's market and economy.

Basically what it comes down to is that Frank just wanted to wash his hands off the domaining part of his business and just wants to focus on the registry part of the business. He is probably getting ready for the second round of the New gTLDs and hopefully he can get some better extensions than last time. ;)

IMO

•••
@equity78 Yeah. Thanks again for copy/pasting all of these. I'm personally more interested in the 4L and the other high end ones from the portfolio, but it's an interesting sample size. Most will never sell and likely don't have much liquid value on their own, but the sheer volume generates plenty of sales. It's a good system for deep pockets (Mike Mann etc.).

I don't have a list, but in recent years I have come across many of Frank's excellent 4Ls, especially cvcv. After he began listing at Sedo as well, it was easy to figure out they were his. Most of them priced at very high five figures or $1xx,xxx. I think he also owned some great lll.coms.

•••
I don't have a list, but in recent years I have come across many of Frank's excellent 4Ls, especially cvcv. After he began listing at Sedo as well, it was easy to figure out they were his. Most of them priced at very high five figures or $1xx,xxx. I think he also owned some great lll.coms.

Here are some
acdq.com
abty.com
abvh.com
adhu.com
adfd.com
acvs.com
acvu.com
acrb.com
adto.com
aeak.com
aejo.com
aeka.com
aemp.com
afou.com
afsr.com
afve.com
agdf.com
agfq.com
agiu.com
ahdd.com
ahio.com
ahnw.com
aiby.com
aijm.com
aipg.com
aipx.com
aaxu.com
aazv.com
abgb.com
abhy.com
abjh.com
aitx.com
aivd.com
aixl.com
ajeb.com
ajep.com
ajnr.com
ajyb.com
akeh.com
akev.com
akgh.com
akmn.com
akuy.com
amso.com
amox.com
anbe.com
anih.com
anrz.com
anzz.com
aoew.com
aogl.com
aomo.com
aotm.com
apfi.com
aphy.com
bnjo.com
bnto.com
bobv.com
zjtc.com
zjul.com
zjwl.com
zjws.com
zkok.com
zlad.com
zniz.com
zoks.com
zpih.com
zred.com
zrzi.com
zuai.com
zugg.com
zumm.com
zvgq.com
zwza.com
zxay.com
zybi.com
zyuj.com

Last edited:
•••
The irony is that by the very fact of Frank/Uni no longer competing on those 4L .com's will likely have a negative impact on the wholesale pricing / liquid value.

Basically what it comes down to is that Frank just wanted to wash his hands off the domaining part of his business and just wants to focus on the registry part of the business

I think it's more the fact GoDaddy simply didn't want the registry part of the business. Very good decision on the part of GD to exclude them. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he sells those as well.

•••
•••
The irony is that by the very fact of Frank/Uni no longer competing on those 4L .com's will likely have a negative impact on the wholesale pricing / liquid value.

I think it's more the fact GoDaddy simply didn't want the registry part of the business. Very good decision on the part of GD to exclude them. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he sells those as well.
Yes, because they did not play the coy bid game, they put their max offer out on the table, and won a good portion of the time taking out proxies along the way.

•••

They removed themselves from that business years ago saying they would never compete. So it was never on the table.

Back in 2013 GoDaddy decided not to compete on the registry side

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back